1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Will KAG 1.0 have Zombies multiplayer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slojanko, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slojanko

Slojanko Shopkeep Stealer

We've seen videos of War mode, and TDM. but we have seen none of zombies?

We know with the crop growing system that It would make zombies even harder and more rewarding experience, and I'd like to know have you kept zombies as we've received no confirmation on any zombie's features?

2. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

I think so. We need an official confirmation on this.

3. Slojanko

Wouldn't be kag without zombies.

4. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

KAG was without zombies for months before zombie survival was released.

Guitarman and Cirom like this.
  5. Slojanko

What kag didn't have at the beginning but got through updates like zombies:

Gold players
    TDM
    CTF
    War mode
    Sandbox
    Custom games
    Editor
    Water
    Darkness
    Bots
    And more.
    Your point? zombies mode has become part of our image of kag, If you removed a favored element of it you essentially get something that is no longer the thing you valued.

6. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

My point is, zombies would not be missed as much as you want it to be if it would be removed, sure it brought some updates, but most of the things you stated there would have came anyway.

7. Slojanko

I'm not going to continue debating this, you have your opinion I have mine, but if we're talking about things we want removed in 1.0 I'd like sandbox removed. Its pointless. People spam, and grief. no damage, no edge to it. It's not even popular.

8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

kag 1.0 is not going to have zombies. the devs have/are remaking the game from the ground up and intend to have the core done and released before making any spin-offs. You can still play zombies in kag alpha but not in beta.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just poking my head in to give you folks a semi-official "maybe" on zombies. At this stage the focus is on getting the core game (i.e. WAR mode & RTDM) ready for release to the masses; after this, there'll be an opportunity for attention to be turned in other directions (including, perhaps, zombies).

Titmau5 and thegoodone like this.
  10. Slojanko

Aww but I was looking forward to the improved AI and more zombies.. the crop growing system would have given it an edge, so no more underground camping.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I'm sure once the main game is out that a decent zombies mode will appear-- 'though whether from the devs or from the community I could say atm.

12. blukey

blukey Finest Moustache in the Kingdom Donator

I wouldn't really miss it if it didn't make it in, but I'm certain that it'll make it in, but like fuzzy said, whether from the devs or the community I'm not sure.

13. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

To be honest the current zombies is a nightmare and the code is horribly hard coded. There would be no point the Devs scrapping together a hastily put together mode that is just like the last one that is unmodable. If it is going to be done it has to be done right and I believe it is better to wait until after the launch rather than making you wait even more, wouldn't you agree?

SirLoading likes this.
  14. Slojanko

15. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Apparently it will be a lot easier to mod servers and add custom content in the new 1.0, so even if there isn't zombies I am sure it would be easy enough to mod it in.

16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

in beta copy the dinosaur.as files and name them zombie, now change sprite to zombie and make them spawn randomly, also enable day/night

done

17. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Movement is still dodgy and you have no idea of naming due to not being a tester but copying their AI will work but AI will be written eventually.

18. Slojanko

So instead of zombies mode.. we have dino mode? waah?

19. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's useful for practicing building, duplicating bugs, etc. It's pointless to compare it to a competitive server.

20. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

No both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.