1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Windows server setup GUI

Discussion in 'Help' started by JacKD, May 7, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Beepo, Jackard, Leoprime and 2 others like this.
  2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

JacKD and Froghead48 like this.
  3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

How would you stop the server while its running, if you closed the GUI menu? it just keeps restarting ;-;

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Are you running Windows, OSX or Linux? :) If Linux, mash Ctrl + C a few times :D

5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

windows...and just restarted my laptop :P

6. kaizokuroof

If OP hasn't responded by this evening, I'll take a look and let you know. If it runs via a command prompt, you should be right to just hit Ctrl + C twice and that should cancel the terminal. Failing that, mash Ctrl + Z as well :))

gl, hf

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Thanks for this, it's been a huge help.

8. kaizokuroof

So I had a look. If you kill the server, by the console, KAG crashes, and starts a crazy loop "restarting the server" because it keeps crashing.

It's np, you just need to stop the server using the tools button and not cancel/hit the x in the command windows. and if it's in the loop of restarting, you should still be able to hit "stop server"

[​IMG]

Cheerssssss

9. JacKD

I'll take a look at that, it should be stoppping everything if you X the GUI window. I'll update when I find the bug.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    </br>--- merged: May 8, 2013 7:35 PM ---</br>
    Can you describe exactly what you did? I can't reproduce your problem.

10. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Well, I started the Gui up. played with the thing (setting map cycle, name, desc) i started the server, the closed the GUI window. after that, i tried closing the CMD Prompt out, and everytime i did that, i received a pop-up that said " the server crashed....restarting" and it would start the CD prompt back up again.

11. JacKD

When you closed the GUI, did you get a message telling you that it would close the server?

12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Nope. Should i have?

13. JacKD

Yep. How did you close the GUI?

14. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Just exited out of it

15. JacKD

Weird. I always get the message. It has a bug when you cancel it, but the message should appear.

16. kaizokuroof

It works fine for me, it only thinks the server has crashed/wants to restart when them CMD window stops, before you close it via GUI (which is what it is meant to do)

When I X out of the GUI window, it asks me if I want to stop :)

17. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Why in help?

18. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

because his alpha tread of this was also in help/because how to set upna server linux is also in help.

Kovett likes this.
  19. JacKD

What he ^ said. I saw the "how to setup servers" here, so it seemed like the proper place.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey