1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WinZip? [Unzipping problems]

Discussion in 'General Help' started by panamachong, Feb 11, 2012.

1. panamachong

panamachong Catapult Fodder

Whenever I try to download this game it says im supposed to buy WinZip is that supposed to happen?

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I don't think so. I don't get that message and I just tried it.

Are you downloading it from here: http://kag2d.com/download ?

Beef likes this.
  3. panamachong

Yeah i am but the winzip thing always come up

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Does it come up when you are downloading it, or when you are installing it?

5. panamachong

Whenever I start to install it, it comes up.

6. Kouji

Did you unzip the folder first?

You can do that by right-clicking and extracting all.

7. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

Or you can just drag the folder to your desktop. That's a lot easier for me.

8. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I would suggest that you uninstall winzip and get 7zip instead. This is because you have a trial version of the WinZip software installed. You have used it long enough that they now want you to buy it.

7-zip is free, open-source software that opens .zip files and many, many more.

http://www.7-zip.org/

edit: made it a suggestion instead of sounding like I was saying you had to do this

Ryu and Kouji like this.
  9. masonmistel

No, I've been using WinZip for years, and I've never spent a penny. When it asks you to buy it, simply click "cancel". It works for me!

10. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Right, you of course can continue using WinZip. I just meant that 7-zip is free/open source so you never get nagged to buy anything (and since it is open source, everyone who uses it has a way to find out what exactly it is doing. with something like winzip you have no way to ever tell just what it might be doing to your computer or what it might be installing)

Noburu likes this.
  11. masonmistel

Well, I suppose it's personal preference, I just have been using WinZip for so long I don't ant to switch, I guess.