1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Cro-pocalypse (post apocalyptic texture pack)

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Croco, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Cro-pocalypse is a post apocalyptic texture pack I'm working on right now. As of right now, I only have some terrain done, but its being worked on regularly. I'll try to post some updates every once and a while, when I have something good to show.

Here is a sneak peak of what I have so far!

Click on the spoiler tag to see some screenshots!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Download the latest WIP version here:

ExE221, Gonf, Pesinario and 29 others like this.
  2. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

This gave me a laugh. Good job though, looks cool. Will you be replacing the knight, builder, and archer?

3. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

This is pretty nice, have you also planned to do sprites ?

4. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Thanks! And yeah, I'm planning on doing sprites too. I'm going to make blue team more like high tech salvagers and the red team more like tribal-ish junk salvagers.

I want to finish terrain first, so sprites will be second, then GUI.

5. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Whoah! This is pretty cool! :thumbs_up:

6. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I never thought of doing a modern KAG texture pack. :D

7. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Thanks you! Glad you like it. :)

I thought it would be an interesting challenge. Lets hope its not an utter failure!

----
    In other news, an update has been released! The "Gun Nut" (archer) has been added. Right now hes blue only, but I'll change that with the next update. Some new blocks and items have been added too. I'll be working on workshops, signs, and the knight next. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated, because I'm at a loss at what to make the knight.

screen-12-03-20-19-02-23.png screen-12-03-20-19-02-23.png
    (The pictures are thumbnails, click on them to see them in a larger size.)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

BigBaggie, DUZ and Nixito like this.
  8. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Yeah, you can't make sprites for different teams anymore.

9. Nixito

Nixito KAG Guard Tester

Machete, trashcan lid shield, saucepan helmet. Done.

Love your texture pack btw. Being an archer with an ARROW SLINGING GUN is too badass.

Croco likes this.
  10. haha you should make the builders look like dirty slaves with ragged cloths and such.
    maybe the catapults could be something like this?
    [​IMG]

11. Nefrylion

Nefrylion Shopkeep Stealer

i use with that archer skin sounds and arrow model from ww1 texture pack :P

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You don't have to make another archer, I can give you the stuff if you want to make him swap over to red, all you really need to do is grab his colors, add them to the bottom of the color palette and then make sure you add red ones under the red as well to match what you would want the colors to change to, may also wish to do add it for green, purple and gold if you're keen.

Croco likes this.
  13. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Hmm, interesting idea. Although I think the saucepan helmet may be a little too on the nose. I like the idea of an improvised shield though.

And thanks! I just added bullets, so it looks a little more normal. I'll be releasing the alpha version of the pack soon, so the archers should make a little more sense soon. Although I was thinking of maybe adding a harpoon launcher later on as an alternative.

I like the idea of having builders look slave-like. I'll use that idea! I also like the cartillery. (get it? Car artillery, CAR-TILLERY! X3 Oh god, I'm awful at puns) I think making a less mobile version would look pretty cool.

Awesome! Thanks for the reminder too! I just added bullets so the guns make sense.

Thanks for letting me know. I've done what you said, and it looks pretty awesome. I personally think the red archer looks cooler. I'll be posting the teampalette thing with the next update.

14. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

15. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can, you just don't need to and whether you do or not depends entirely on the server configs sadly.

16. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Basically what BlueLuigi said. If you get a server and you wish to run different sprites, you just need to create to archer configs. Let's call them archer1.cfg and archer2.cfg. Archer1.cfg can reference 1 set of sprites for male/female archers and Archer2.cfg will reference the 2nd set of sprites. You'd do that by going to this line here in the configs:
    Code:
    actor_sprite_male = Sprites/archerMale.png
    actor_sprite_female = Sprites/archerFemale.png  
    actor_heads_size = 16
    actor_heads_male = Sprites/MaleHeads.png
    actor_heads_female = Sprites/FemaleHeads.png   

just change the sprites to the name o the set you wish to use.

After that you'd have to go to the Team1.cfg and change the archer class to archer1.cfg and change the team2.cfg so that it has archer2.cfg for the class. You'd do that in this line here
    Code:
    classes = Rules/CTF/builder.cfg; Rules/CTF/knight.cfg; Rules/CTF/archer.cfg

(this does depend on the game mode you are using though, for example RDM would not have builder and would use a different folder for the config rather than CTF)

The only issue is that every one would have to download the texture pack before they enter the server or some games would probably crash simply due to the fact that they can't find the file.

Anyways, I have to say that your texture pact looks pretty cool. I like the fact that it's very different from the others, yet it still works, ladies?

UnnamedPlayer and Croco like this.
  17. Croco

Croco Shark Slayer

Ah, yes, I know. BlueLuigi let me know about the current system. Thanks for the thought though! ;)
    </br>--- merged: Mar 26, 2012 11:44 PM ---</br>
    Oh, woops, didn't see this. I find it strange that they don't let you change them client side too.
    Thank you for the informative post! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be running a server anytime soon, but it would be interesting to test out!
    And thank you for the feedback! I wanted to make something rather different, so I'm happy to know I achieved that!

---
    In other news, new update coming out sometime later. Right now I'm working on little details like effects and items, so I'll post once I do something a little more noticeable.

18. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

Hey, if you've played Fallout 3 you may be familiar with the Railway Rifle.

Basically it shoots rail spikes. If you gave it to the archers it would explain them being able to climb walls on their own bullets. also as Rail spikes are constructed from metal it would also explain being able to harvest the electricity poles for metal. plus I see ammunition being rare in post-apocalyptia, so Rail spikes would just be so much more practical.

Heres a pic (Off Google) of the Railway Rifle.
    [​IMG]

If you don't want to remake your archer thats fine. I don't really care.

Mulpy likes this.
  19. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think that a sheet of rusted metal (pic) makes for a good improvised shield. It could also realistically block against a fairly sharp object without breaking or tearing, unlike a basic trash can lid.

20. Piemaster

Piemaster Shipwright

This is awesome. Keep up the good work!