1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WiP]Nations At War

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by DlABL0, Apr 18, 2012.

1. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

[​IMG]
    Hi SHITLORDS! (This is not a test :D) I want to make my own texture pack , but it will be very huge. In this thread will be posted 4 different texture packs with their own story. Now I am planing to make Elven , Dwarven , Chragen (Wolf humans) and High Humans (Just pimped out original KAG textures). Now currently I am working on Dwarven texture pack . And I am inviting texturers , head texturers and beta testers to join at this project! Just PM me or send your request at my e-mail - thegofathermafiaboss@gmail.com (I thought herp derp when i created this e-mail:D)

[NEWS PLACE] After I will finish the archer texture , I will start working on background and world textures.

Main story and the reason why all four nations have a civil war :

Mountain Grandus. The Dark Council members stand in a circle. All of them start to cast summoning spell on the hole in the middle. Strange light and wind appears after they have done summoning - the Titan is coming ... BOOOM! Huge Titan's hand shoots up to the air grabing the floor and killing all the Elders of The Dark Council. The Titan returned from his cage after centuries of waiting. It has begun...

A painting , showing the process of the summoning -
    [​IMG]

Dwarven Pack

Story of dwarfs ( Read the main story first) :
    It was a normal day , digging , digging , digging. But after few hours of digging the earth horribly trembled because of The Titans Return , making the mountains start falling . The rocks berried the miner dwarfs and their guards alive. After hours of trying to dig them out the dwarfs failed. 1 week after this incident the miners dug out themselves. But they were different. With no light , water and food they were traped in mines for 7 days. They were angry , because their brothers didn't rescue them and left them to rot. Their eyes glowed red, their clothes were splatted with blood , they wanted revenge , they were thirsty for blood! That's how Civil war of StoneHold begun.

What i have done so far -
    Dwarf Knight
    You can download his texture here

Dwarf Engineer
    You can download his texture here

[​IMG]
    Laughing at face of the death.
    [​IMG]
    I took a arrow to the face and the other one to the knee - fancy!
    [​IMG]
    Arrow looks like a spear!
    [​IMG]
    Explosions , gibs , rumble- this s what you get when you fight with dwarves!

On what I am working now :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again , the pictures are blurred :| I used 4 different shades for gun's metal part and 2 different shades for wooden part. Also the beard was from 3 shades , as well as beard. P.S. I will add darker texture on knight golden-beard-thingies.

To do list on dwarven texture:
    Knight texture.(DONE)
    Builder texture.(DONE)
    Archer texture.
    Background.
    Trees.
    World texture (dirt, rocks , etc).
    Heads.
    Tents.
    Team Shields.
    Gibs.
    Workshops.
    Catapult.
    Outpost.
    Menu.

Deathspawn likes this.
  2. Filio

Filio Shopkeep Stealer

I really just don't like the sprite-work I see in the pictures. That's really it.

3. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

Well I respect your opinion. What part you didn't like?

4. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I think it's that there isn't much shading? I don't know.

5. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

There is shading , just screenshots are too little. I have done the Dwarven Knight and i am putting it here so you can try it out!
    <EDIT> I added it ! You can try out he texture now!

6. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

The skin and beard are almost all the same color. So yes, it is shading. It's the quality of the sprites and such.

7. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

Did you try it out? The beard an skin are different as night and day :D In-Game in looks cool. Believe me. Thanks for the critics anyway.
    Here is a prove :
    [​IMG]
    I know , not the best quality , but it shows that the beard is orange , and the skin is light brown , witch makes a difference. P.S. The skin got shading , it's just because of the quality , you can,t see it. Just try out the bloody texture :|

8. Deathspawn

Deathspawn Shopkeep Stealer

[​IMG]
    I thought that might help you out. It includes a bit more shading, so perhaps you should try and make a texture like that?
    Help for help.:)

WarrFork and Froghead48 like this.
  9. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the help. Your one looks nice , but I will stay with mine one , cause golden rings on beard looks dwarfish and FANCY. And mine got form 3 to 5 same color shades , so I think it's enough. Just try out it and you will see. :) But I really enjoy your textures :)

10. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I like his better. Yours looks more... less?

11. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

FOR GODS SAKE! I already wrote here
    This is what I feel most annoying in KAG forums , that the old ones disrespect the newcomers!You don't even read what i say! Khan , I told like million times , that my picture quality is poor! Just bloody try it out! Jesus.

12. Deathspawn

DIABLO, keep working on your texture pack.
    There's always room to improve later. ;D

DlABL0 likes this.
  13. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

Yeah :D You are right :D
    <EDIT>
    I made an update - made the builder texture , cleaned the first post and made a logo. I will change that in the future , but it will do for now :|

14. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Good luck on this, it doesn't matter what others tell you just go with your guts.In my opinion the top part of the beard should be a bit darker, that way you can tell apart from the face and beard more easily. Keep spriting bro! :B)::thumbs_up:

DlABL0 likes this.
  15. Deathspawn

That Dwarven engineer looks really cool!

DlABL0 and Maverick like this.
  16. DlABL0

DlABL0 Catapult Fodder

Need a centry here! :D
    Thanks. I will fix that in time. And now , up to the Rifleman!
    <EDIT> I added darker color to knight and I fixed the thingy near Engineer's legs when he jumps.The photo quality blurs everything , but in-game it looks better! Thanks for the advice guys!
    <EDIT> Posted screenshots with archer. I still haven't done it yet.
    <EDIT> Sorry , I won't making any textures for a while ,cause my aunt died yesterday and I am pretty sad u know. She was like a familly member :( So , sorry guys.

17. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

The beards stick out way too much in the environment, perhaps darkening will do the trick? And also, shade the beards and face as well.

18. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Maybe he just needs to outline them. I don't know if he's even still working on this.