1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

{WIP} Necroesque Pack

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Jackal, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

This is the last journal entry by a certain Gabriel Horsey. He was a skilled archer in command of Fort Telledrag, on the edge Monticel. Those creatures--those monsters!--have taken down yet another of our rooks. These cursed ghouls are gaining in power!

This texture pack changes all archers to skeletons, who throw wooden spikes, all builders to zombies and all knights to zombie knights, who slash with their bloody swords. It also changes all stone blocks to the mossy dungeon stone generated on zombie maps, along with the background stone tiles. Trees are gloomier as well.

To install this pack, decompress the attached RAR file and replace the "Sprites" folder with the identically-named one included in this pack. It is highly suggested that you back up your original folder for future reversion back to the original sprites (in other words, just rename your sprites folder).

This is heavily unfinished and contains numerous issues, but I will be updating this thread frequently as the pack is improved.

Enjoy!
    [​IMG]
    This is an archer about to throw a wooden spike.
    [​IMG]
    And these are two Red knights near a tower.

Attached Files:

TheWids, WarrFork, Rayne and 3 others like this.
  2. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Aweshum. :D

Jackal likes this.
  3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Please add an ingame screenshot to your post.

4. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Added two in the spoiler towards the bottom about five minutes after creating the thread. My apologies, though.
    </br>--- merged: Apr 25, 2012 8:35 PM ---</br>
    Ah yes, I forgot to let everyone know that I won't be doing anything with this pack until my computer is running again. Not that anyone honestly cares. I'm just saying this to be decent. Sorry, and shalom.

5. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

Interesting... That archer about to throw the spike... Hmmm... It gives me an idea for a Roman texturepack when I finish Rise of the Samurai whenever I have time.

6. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

me gusta mucho
    </br>--- merged: Apr 26, 2012 12:15 AM ---</br>
    i think the wooden sticks look kinda awkward, maybe you should just give him a bow and arrows, or make him throw bones, but that wouldnt make sense. Make he could shoot magic. or change some gui so it says killed by wooden stick and the material is wooden sticks and wooden sticks workshop. I think the best thing is to stick with bow and arrow but change the arrow and bow sprites to something cool, like a bow made of bones and the arrows have rat skulls as tips etc. I luv it though!!!! :migrant::skeleton::zchicken::zchicken::skull::p

7. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Well, anyone can feel free to modify it and post here the files. I would love to see some variations, but I can't do anything until I get my computer back.

8. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

The knight also is 3 blocks tall, but that doesnt bother me as much because I Hate tunnel maps and it's often to dark inside a building to notice anyway. The builder is really hard to tell which team it is on in multiplayer X3do you think you could make it easier to tell who is who? When do you reckon you will get your computer back in business?

Jackal likes this.
  9. Jackal

Jackal Shark Slayer

Yes, I agree with you on the builders. The engine seems to automatically change the color of certain blue pixels in a sprite to red counterparts, essentially relinquishing a good twenty percent of the process. Unfortunately, the zombie sprite has none such pixels, and thusly does not have a visually-varied supplement. Again, I can't make the changes currently, but I hope to change that when I can work on this again.