1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Wooden Blocks

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by The_Khan, Mar 17, 2012.

1. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

I made this while I was bored.

This makes stone blocks into wooden blocks, They DO still cost stone because this is just a Texture pack, not a mod. It only replaces the stone blocks, not makes new wooden blocks. The textures are not by me, I did do some minor editing to some of them but all in all I used the wooden blocks already in the world.png file.

Woody.png
    Woody2.png

To make this work you need to replace the PNGs in C:\KAG\Base\Sprites. I also recommend that you make a backup of each file before you do it.

If you find any errors please tell me.

Update! I've updated the world.png.

Attached Files:

2. -Q

-Q Donator

Is there any science to the orientation of the blocks? I recall that the original stone sprites are referenced depending on the position of the block... Perhaps one could edit it with that in mind, allowing one to do something similar in wood.

In fact, I noticed the two small sprites jutting out on the right, which seem to be a product of what I described, although it's more symmetrical with stone. You could try to improve that.

Regardless, this is a really interesting idea.

3. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

There weren't textures already for that. I used what Geti/MM/Shad (Whoever maybe theses) gave me and that wasn't much. One destroyed block (Man the Wood must be week in what ever update it's going to be in[Two hits to destroy]). Have a look yourself, I know what you mean but I didn't know which ones to replace, I'll see if I can find out by looking at a screenshot of the block your talking about.

EDIT: Actually it looks more random to me rather than what you said, "the original stone sprites are referenced depending on the position of the block".

EDIT2: Wait, do you meant the blocks or the bricks? The blocks I'm positive are random but I think your right about the background bricks.

4. -Q

-Q Donator

I meant the overlays of the blocks, but I can see how the bricks would be dependent as well... Those small pieces of stone that jut up at endpoints of a roof is what I'm referring to. You could use the 'woodparts' file if you care to replace the one your using now, to make it similar to the original, and still keep the KAG-feel (i.e. everything would come from the game files)​

http://i.imgur.com/x4qYy.png

5. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Never mind my post, I'm fixing it.

Theres only one 'woodparts' but there is both 'bricks1' and 'bricks2' to replace. How do you suggest I make my own?

6. -Q

-Q Donator

I would use a lighter version of the original woodparts for bricks1, then I would use a darker, scaled 125%, if you can manage without visual artifacts, for bricks2.
    If you wanted to go for a more nature-based theme, rather than the rustic that is shown now, I suppose you could implement twigs.png

7. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Never mind, I'm all done.

8. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I can't wait for actual wooden blocks to come out with flaming arrows and of course fires.

9. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Neither can I, in the time being, use this. :P

10. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Nice edit, this give a good result.

11. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Update! I've made the spikes wood and the mossy stone blocks in the Zombie Fortress mode into mossy wooden blocks.