1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

CTF With Teeth

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Didgedy, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Map name: With Teeth
    Gamemode: CTF
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features: 3 trees per team, 1 more in the center.
    Map: Didgedy_WithTeeth.png
    Map name: Didgedy_WithTeeth.png

Posts that don't follow this template won't be deleted.

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

if the map deteriorates(the bedrock breaks apart) players would not have a fun time :/

3. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Didgedy_WithTeeth.png

Touched up the bedrock in the center a bit, because it was a horrible split. I doubt the map could deteriorate enough for toothy bedrock to negatively impact the players fun further from the center.

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I'm not sure if it is necessary to have this large dirt area at the center, though I'm pretty sure it may deteriorate pretty quickly during a stalemate still.
    Digging to the bedrock teeths might be confusing for tunnelers, see:
    This results into wasted space underground because there is no much interest into reaching the bedrock, except maybe tunnels, though it would hardly be useful.

5. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

How's this look?
    Didgedy_WithTeeth.png

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I like it more this way. It would be nice to test it on a large 10v10 scale but I can't see this being horribly stalemate-y

7. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

People mining the stone directly under the teeth would lead to giant craters under the oddly shaped towers. Giant craters=ratting which isnt universally bad but when its bound to happen on most of the map it becomes tedious. Putting all the resources in giant connected pockets really messes up mining(because youre making giant pits whenever you get resources.

Read this for a further explanation on map resource spread.

Rejected for now.