1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Wizardry Online

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Cerbercre, Dec 6, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

http://www.wizardrythegame.com/

Hello guys! I'm here to discuss a recent MMO i've played the beta for. :)

This game is quite interesting.
    There are 4 Races.
    Human
    Dwarf
    Elf
    And Porkul

Each race has their own little special stats like humans are balanced, Dwarfs are best at melee,Elfs have good magic, Porkful are really only good for being theifs.
    But heres a cool twist, During character creation they give you points to distribute onto Strength, will,luck, ect.
    And they can range from 5... To 50? So really, Dwarfs with no magic ability if you hit a high number during character creation you could be a mage! Its interesting and tons of fun.

The have a perma-death system, Which attracted me to this game. How it works is, when you die your body is left on the ground and you have a certain amount of real life hours to revive until your body turns to ashes. During this time players can loot your body or even take it for a matter of fact! But Players who loot..Kill other players... Steal anything!? They become criminals and are not accepted into regular towns. Which is very cool because that brings up Bounty hunting and crime organizations! There is just tons of information about this game and its all around addicting and wonderful.

If anyone is able to get into the beta hit me up! I'd love to have some trustworthy allies.

You can get beta keys from offers they give out on their twitter. Or just sign up on the website and hope you get a email.
    https://twitter.com/Wizardry_Online

xChapx likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

But that's not permadeath then? If you can just get back to your body fast enough you don't actually lose your character?

Permadeath is very rare though very rare, even Haven and Hearth doesn't have real permadeath since you can get stats for your new character from your old one.

Looks okay though I might try it out just for the permadeath, I don't like the permadeath on such an 'anime style' game haha, but permadeath is always just so good it's hard to pass up. :D

3. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

The races are weird:

Human (classic)
    Elf (classic)
    Dwarf (classic)
    Porkul (wtf is this odd man out race?)

Permadeath sounds awesome always, but within reason, especially if pvp is involved, there has to be a delicate balance of challenge but not frustration.

4. Cerbercre

Cerbercre Brolord 弟兄主 Donator
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Well permadeath can happen easily in this game. Edit: Not so easily as like butt hurt instantly more so if ur not careful you could die xD
    There are more details into it and such theres just too much info to put in one thread.
    The game is very balanced in challenging PVP its not really frustrating.

Btw Porkul are a smaller race, they specialize in speed but their weak they are only good for thief's. [Unless you hit like a 40 or something on the Attribute distribution WHICH I DID "48" so i'm a rare twohand wielder porkul]

You actually dont run back to your body you run to like a shrine and it revives you but while ur a ghost shit can hunt you. Its scary ;_; and once you die you dont keep your stats you start a new character at lvl 1 xD. They have a soul system its interesting i'd tell you more on mumble later if ur on blue.

Mods: BlueLuigi