1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

wots points..?

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by DustStorm, Feb 22, 2012.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. DustStorm

DustStorm Shipwright

seriously... ive been wondering for a while.. what is points used for??

dnmr likes this.
  2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Nothign really currently beside to look pretty. They are somewhat useless also since they dont reset on map change or exiting the server. Currently you can rack up point and coins on a server, leave and come back an hour later, and still have your points and coins.

EDIT: Herp derp didnt pay attention to the section the thread was in. Check below for answers.

3. DustStorm

DustStorm Shipwright

so is this for servers?

4. DanPabst

DanPabst Shopkeep Stealer

Are you talking about points on the forum ?

If so, they are useless. It's a kind of "achievements points", some people like it when they have the feeling that they won something by doing something. I.E : Getting points because someone liked your post.

5. Points on the forums decide your rank. ex: Member, Active Member, Well Known Member. If you get the premium trophy you get a one rank bump because it is 20 points.

Points in game are at this moment useless, besides bragging rights about how you got 9001 points.

6. DanPabst

DanPabst Shopkeep Stealer

Thanks for pointing this out. (About points on the forum, didn't know this)

And by the way, 9001 is OVER 9000 !

7. No problem. Usually around 30 posts you get member, 100 you get Active and 300 you Well Known. If you get a good amount of likes. Go up a catagory if you have the premium trophy

8. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Oh snap i just assumed it was for ingame haha. My apologies. I should pay more attention to what section a thread is in.

Downburst and jerloch like this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97