1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Would you rather die or commit suicide?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by War_Crab, May 3, 2015.

?

Would you rather die or commit suicide

Poll closed Jul 3, 2015.
  1. Die

84.6%
  2. Suicide

15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. War_Crab

War_Crab Ballista Bolt Thrower

I choose the one where i died at the end c:

2. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

i choose die ... of old age of course ::P:

3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'd choose to die. Suicide seems like a way to me. I used to think "What's the point if we all die anyways." It's a very true statement. I think that choosing to join the military, or doing dangerous tasks that many people are too afraid to do would have a far greater impact than just killing yourself. When I told myself that nothing matters I gained all the confidence in the world. Take risks, be adventurous and courageous, you don't have anything to lose!
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2015, Original Post Date: May 4, 2015 ---
    Crab, feel free to private msg me if you ever need or want to talk.

ParaLogia likes this.
  4. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Because "hey if we are going to die anyways, at least do something to improve the living time of others or even yours"

5. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

one last arrow bomb jab stomp spike or slash purely out of spite

sometimes thats all you need to win

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  6. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Killing yourself is like running away from life itself.. Suicide is just... stupid. I'd prefer to die because of something.
    If there are problems just PM me so we can talk and have some nice friendly conversation ok? :)

7. War_Crab

War_Crab Ballista Bolt Thrower

Ermmm what?

8. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I guess he thinks you have a sort of unestable mind and you want to suicide, and that you are asking because of emotional and psychological support ... maybe?

9. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Why it's just a menu button

10. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

>: I just wanted to be helpful to you in case of maybe, some irl problems or things like that

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I'd rather die at a ripe old age, but all things given it depends on the situation, if I'm faced with imminent death vs suicide, I think I'd rather commit suicide, but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

suicides do not go to white man heaven

AmestriStephen likes this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Particularly if you misapply scripture. ::P:

14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Mine all depends on the situation... I want to die when my time comes, old age and all that. However, working in nursing facilities, I have seen a LOT of younger people (between like 40-60) who suffered brain damage or are completely paralyzed, can't speak, eat, etc... If I ever became a vegetable or have a terminal disease that is going to kill me (especially slowly with a lot of pain and suffering), I'm getting myself a lethal dose of morphine and ending it.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  15. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Wtf are you 70? (:rollseyes:)
    yeh, Euthanasia is allowed in some countries.
    There is an horrible disease that i would prefer to get "killed" than suffer from it, it is a "proggresive-like cronical paralysis", it starts with your muscles, then your vital organs, and then your lungs ([making you die) actually the last one is the heart, but you wont reach that stage] the process is slow, it can take 3 years until you die.

16. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Man if the people he can count as the younger side in hospitals from the usual crowd is under 40, I'd be very sad.

17. thebonesauce

Uhhhh, wut? To answer your question, no. I am actually an ageless being who steps between cyclical universes on a whim. I just chose to pretend to be a 28 year old who works in nursing homes.

Also, uhhhhh, wut? I'm referring to this disease you're talking about. Are you talking about MS? ALS? Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis? There's tons of diseases that work exactly like that, though I'm going to bet you mean MS. MS attacks the body in the form of muscle paralysis. It can effect multiple systems all at once, hence the "multiple" in the name. ALS on the other hand is an ascending paralysis. Most people have symptoms of pins and needles in their feet, or numbness of their toes/ankles. Over the course of a few years, the paralysis continues to progress until it hits the base of the lungs, causing death. And yes, if we could live without our lungs, the heart would be affected next.

The more you know!

Oh yeah, and IPF... The word, "idiopathic," means no known cause, pulmonary refers to lungs, and fibrosis is a hardening of the tissue within the lungs; quite literally, your lungs turn to stone, there is no know cause, and no known cure.

The medical word both fascinates me and scares the fuck out of me.

dayleaf likes this.
  18. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

T̴͠e̶̛͢ll̷ ̛t͘͡h̀e̷m̡͟ n͡ǫ̵t̢ ̴̧͢t̴̶o̡ ̷͡b̡͘u̧̨̧r҉y̶̸ ͏̨m̡͞è ỳ̡͠e͢t,̵ ͟͡Í̸͠'͢҉m ̷s̛͜͠ţ͡͝i͞l̀l̴͢ ̸a̕ļ̛į̀͢v̴͝e͞͡!͟

19. thebonesauce

I'm going to highly doubt dude has suicidal thoughts, as creating a thread and getting input from people on something like this likely isn't a cry for help. Coming from someone who (used to be) suicidal, you more likely shrink into yourself and pull away from friends, family, etc. and don't really talk about stuff like this AT ALL.

20. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Depends on the person really. I experienced two very different episodes, the first being where I sought out attention and the second where I didn't want anyone to help me. I'd rather be safe than sorry and assume he is coming from a suicidal mindset.

Mods: BlueLuigi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.