1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

WTF??!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ranged66, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

uhm....wot?
    is kag hacked?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

illu likes this.
  2. ak1215

ak1215 Shipwright

i don't think so, considering that's all the stuff it says on the premium page on the main website

3. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Owow, wher you found dat?

4. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

That's from the new testbuild, its this picture and a link when you click it, to the premium site.

Those stuff will come.

though, simba and his dad... Geti... did you remember your childhood when making this ^^?

5. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Strange but true :)

6. laurentiu

I thought we could also change our chestplate pants etc...Not hats only :(

7. archont

archont Shopkeep Stealer

No can do, there needs to be a constant easily identifiable element for each class. With custom bodies it'd be too much of a clisterfuck and you'd have trouble telling archers from builders.

8. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

9. DNightingale

DNightingale Shipwright

Does that mean that there won't be any other mode than CTF in free KAG?

That kinda sucks, as CTF is really not ideal for the way the game works.

10. bilbs

bilbs KAG Guard Tester

Not getting payed isn't really ideal for how life works.
    COD:Wealreadymadethisgame3times is going to cost $70 and is (not arguably, undeniably) a much less fun game. Buy this instead.

11. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

btw, is the comparing between Simba (free players) and his dad (premium players) good?

i mean... his dad dies in the movie :(^^

Edit : and yes i forgot simba's dads name, been a while when i seen that movie lol, about... 15 years or so ^^

12. kalidor

kalidor Shopkeep Stealer

Mufasa.

Also, it's a very creative way to advertise, but considering the age range of people playing this game, it may not be in their best interest to have "shit" in large, capitalized letters at the bottom of the screen every time someone hits esc.

13. Shadlington

Frankly I was very surprised by style of this image.

However, I am super-happy to see those zombie sprites.
    Is that a zombie bison..?

14. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

I'll just shamelessly assume that Michal put this together using Geti's sprites. :rollseyes:

15. Shadlington

This is my assumption too

16. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

It makes you wonder what effect this will have on the mod community. A fun contest would be where they can provide their own character customizations and the community can vote which one can be implemented officially? Despite this though, will the character mod community remain the same after this? Or will they just have to do separate mods for customizeable characters? I'm quite curious as to what might happen.

17. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

im pretty sure thats the knigth

18. Chosen

Chosen Shopkeep Stealer

Really, what's wrong with the 's-word'?SHIT
    It may be a cultural thing, but here in Holland, we use the word almost daily, but in the U.S. and the U.K. it almost seems like a horrible incantation of a curse...SHIT
    SHIT
    Anyway, where is this stuff found on the site? I just surfed to premium, but I only found the default page.SHIT

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

It's in the test build now.

This was put together by Michal. He's fairly to the point with the whole thing ;)
    We'll be adding a login screen so that premium members don't see it.

Super secret preview for forumites:
    [​IMG]
    The builder and archer by the bison are a demonstration of how we could change skin colours via a replacement ramp.

As for character modifications, you'll be able to change the body sprites per gender and per class, and the head sprites per gender (they won't change with class). I imagine that's going to cause some hassle, but later on when there's actual mod support you'll probably be able to make your own classes anyway. An intermediate solution would simply be leaving out the head positioning pixel on your body sprites and drawing your own head, I guess.

We're aiming to have TDM, CTF and BLD as the only vanilla free modes, not just CTF.

The image is demonstrative of the limitations though.

Seriously though, anyone crying that we're not giving the free players enough can climb through a thorn thicket. We've given you free access to a multiplayer fort building sim, and there's more to come.

20. laurentiu

Woooo, this is fucking awesome, cant wait!