1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Xbox 360 Controller config problem...

Discussion in 'General Help' started by avarthar, Mar 17, 2013.

1. avarthar

avarthar Catapult Fodder

Hello, could some one help me to fix this please?

My problem is that:

1, I opened the game and gone to controls configs
    2, I changed the device to Xbox controller
    3, I could not do anything else...

I would like to know if I can change controls from the files because I can't use my mouse... Battery is dead.
    and I would like to use my controller and I can't change the controls from in-game.

Please answer me soon, I wanna play as soon possible :).
    </br>--- merged: Mar 17, 2013 5:50 AM ---</br>
    Hello, I know wath is the error now. (sorry for bad english)
    If we use joystick (Game controller) we can configure but we must click on each keys (in-game/settings/controls)
    and then after each choosen keys click on left click or another key (I think) it should define new key binds. But the problem is that we don't see the cursor when we have choosen the controller device in the available in-game connected controllers (Like mouse and JoyStick).

Could an admin or coder fix this please? (sorry for not posting at good place. It's 1:49 AM so I need to go sleep soon. :) ).

Thank you for reading and have a good day/night.

2. Controllers are not implemented and probably never will since it's horror to play using one.

3. avarthar

avarthar Catapult Fodder

The Xbox 360 controllers are not implemented? Then why does it worked yesterday? (It was hard to play but it worked).

4. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

They're not officially implemented, but you can still play with one (although good luck doing that), which is why the key binds don't show up.

5. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

With KAG 1.0 it might be possible for someone to create an easier way to use a controller. We'll see :)

6. avarthar

avarthar Catapult Fodder

ok, thank you. :) (But the key binds shows when we set them, it's the mouse sprite for when you move mouse to choose those key binds that don't show)

7. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

You could try using xpadder. I don't know if it's free, it's been a while since I used it and I can't recall, however, here is the link: http://www.xpadder.com/

It might make controlling with a controller a little better :D (I've only ever used the software for FPS games or Mass Effect)

8. Xpadder is absolutely horrible for KAG.

9. Djhacker

Djhacker Bison Rider

Well i did this and now i cannot get kag to work. The mouse sprite has disapeared and i somehow managed to change it back to mouse. It still doesnt work and then i also managed to almost play online but no servers appear, and the news cant be read. I reinstalled kag and it didnt work. I cant play kag now.... Any help please?

10. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

delete App/Version.txt in the root of your KAG directory, this will force KAG to download the latest set of sprites and scripts which should bring back your mouse pointer.