1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum XenForo 1.5

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Aug 18, 2015.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

XenForo 1.5 was released. This means that I'll be taking care of upgrading forums like the previous time.
    That's as well a lot of work to be done. Do you have any wishes on what to do with the forums? Any changes? Any add-ons to add/remove?

Now is the time to say something.

Cheers,
    Furai

jimmyzoudcba likes this.
  2. Furai

As moderators didn't really have much to say (as you can see there are no replies) I've moved the topic into the public. I'd appreciate only sensible responses.

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I'd like to see profile likes back, I get why they were removed but I don't see them being that big of a problem.

Set the default back to Baisik (maybe fluid), I don't see why this was ever changed, Casual looks pretty bad IMO, I feel bad for people who don't know how to change theme. Also I'd like the background to be changed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Baisik with new background (made the background quick, could probably make a better one)

I can't think of anything else. I was wondering though what's going on with the making KAG forums into THD forums, weren't you going to do something like that? https://forum.thd.vg/ would redirect to THD forums and from there you can select seperate games for seperate forums.

Sytoplasma and icemusher like this.
  4. Furai

Profile likes won't come back. I don't see reason for them to be there.

As to skins - just change them for yourself. Anyway, after upgrade skins will probably break again and I'll have to fix them by hand again.

The thd.vg thing will be there, eventually.

Noburu and Mazey like this.
  5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

The only thing "sucks" is theme. You guys should start to work on its own. Kaggy for now and when you add other game's subforums, you could make every section in game's theme. It should not be that hard to do.
    Also I agree with Mazey, Basic fluid is the best theme and it seems to me like fixing other themes every update is a waste of time.
    Add-ons, huh.. Maybe this? https://forum.thd.vg/threads/link-to-desktop-version-on-mobile.23342/ but it's not needed that much anymore (still got the problems, tho).

Forum is good as it is,just default skin sucks.

6. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Default skin should be Basik, casual seems very dull IMHO. Can't really think of anything else that really needs to be improve.

J-man2003 likes this.
  7. Furai

I'm using default xenforo anyway. I'll think of changing the default theme.

norill and Tern like this.
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Just so long as there's a Casual or Casual-equivalent still available. Being able to spot white-text at a glance is invaluable.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

XenFracture? Allows you to customize plenty of colors

10. Furai

Maybe if people actually donated more money to the forums by buying forum upgrades we could afford some sexy skins to buy. I don't really want to fix the skins on my own but I don't have big problem with it either.

11. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The only thing I think needs to change is the fact that profile posts are no longer private.... Alright they weren't private before but it wasn't broadcast to the whole community...

12. Furai

Profile posts shouldn't even exist in the first place. And I like it's current way they are used, as a little shoutbox.

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I can see how you'd be missing the more intimate (and yet, less formal than a PM) nature on profile posts, toffie; but, honestly, as they currently stand I'm seeing a lot of cross-pollination between members of the community who don't otherwise appear to have much in common--so to my mind the small loss of privacy has been countered by comparatively larger gain in community cohesion. After all, you've still got PMs, or commenting on old profile posts, or chatting via an IRC personal query, or in-game on a quite server, or... :3

norill, Sytoplasma, J-man2003 and 2 others like this.
  14. Furai

What FBB said.

So, I'm going to upgrade the forums today/tomorrow.

I'll try to give you some notice beforehand.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    norill, Withror and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  15. Prototype

Prototype Haxor

Add like button for posts pls

heX_ likes this.
  16. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

The only true theme/skin:
    screenshot-{domain} {date} {time}.png
    With help of Geti or some forum members you could add 'kaggy' icons, backgrounds or/and make a KAG, TR themed subforums. This is how this forum should look like in my opinion.
    Baisik Fluid is the best and I think it would not be necessary to create a theme from scratch. All what's needed is some changes in CSS/Html code, custom icons and that's it. One, two days of work.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  17. Furai

It's all not that easy with XenForo. I wasn't able to find an easy way to change themes/skins dynamically basing on the node you're in. You can only force on the users that this subforum should be watched only with this skin. No way to easily just change background or some colour of existing skin when you're in subforum.

If you want to help - do some research.

18. a player of the day/week/year award section on the front page

kittycity and J-man2003 like this.
  19. Mazey

Something like this??
    upload_2015-9-2_19-47-25.png

icemusher, toffie0, J-man2003 and 3 others like this.
  20. J-man2003 likes this.
Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97