1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

You need to fix voting !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quane, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Quane

Quane Catapult Fodder

Hey I've just been banned for "griefing" on my favourite server. However I wasn't griefing anything, but i was arguing with one 0/23 builder that was building a saw trap at our spawning location. No one seemed to care, but then this guy started to tell people that i was griefing and he even destroyed one of our flag fortifications telling people it was me, while i was still playing as knight... Then he started a vote to kick me for griefing and it passed.

I'm not sure if people actually believed him or they just randomly chose one of 2 options - ban me or ban voter. Sometimes when i don't pay attention to chat and i'm busy fighting and the vote box appears i just press one of 2 choices beacuse it's hard to play with it on. And probably i'm not the only one doing this.
    So i think this voting system needs to be fixed, as sometimes innocent players are being kicked or banned for no reason.

2. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

You need to take this up with the admin, KAG Classic is not being updated anymore. Unless you posted this in the wrong forum section.

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

He's talking about beta. This happened to me before, yesterday in fact. A new tactic some griefers to grief something, then shout greifer and start a votekick of someone nearby. The everyone knows there is a griefer and they see a vote to kick someone, they think, "oh this must be the griefer" and pass it.
    It happened to me on Hierbo's server, but he knows me and helped me. Here was my quick appeal in our convo:
    Ugh. Hey Hierbo. I got falsely banned on your second TTH server. Sigh
    Someone was griefing, and I was trying to draw attention to him. He collapsed something, and a vote started. I was about to agree, when I realized it was actually against ME. I was knight at the time. The person destroying our wall was Ewandyr.
    Anyway, here's the log.
    [17:45:44] [Dolvas] Ewandyr (Ewandyr) connected.
    [17:45:46] [Dolvas] Ewandyr (Ewandyr) has joined Blue Team

[17:45:49] <Jlordo> phgew
    [17:45:50] Oo_That_Guy_oO left the game
    [17:46:29] * COLLAPSE by Ewandyr (size 5 blocks)
    [17:47:00] <Jlordo> * just destroy the boat. It's causing too much trouble *
    [17:47:10] Supplies will drop at your halls.
    [17:47:10] Supplies will drop at your halls.
    [17:47:33] <Jlordo> ffs
    [17:47:38] <Jlordo> nice job defending the hall
    [17:47:39] <Tamask> ?
    [17:47:44] <[Dolvas] Ewandyr> wait
    [17:47:44] <Tamask> what the...
    [17:47:53] B. Mary (E.V.O.L.) (BMary) connected.
    [17:47:55] B. Mary (E.V.O.L.) (BMary) has joined Blue Team
    [17:47:56] <Jlordo> what
    [17:48:01] LazyAssBandit left the game
    [17:48:03] <Tamask> hey!!!
    [17:48:08] <Tamask> kik him
    [17:48:13] <Jlordo> what are you doing!
    [17:48:14] * COLLAPSE by smakajinz (size 22 blocks)
    [17:48:19] --- A Vote was Started by Ewandyr ---
    [17:48:21] --- BMary Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:21] <Jlordo> hey red. stop
    [17:48:21] --- Tamask8 Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:21] --- Wuffless Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:23] --- smakajinz Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:24] --- Master_Yoda Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:24] --- NogueiraCeara Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:25] <Jlordo> ffs
    [17:48:26] --- Cakebot Voted In Favour ---
    [17:48:26] Vote Kick Passed! Jlordo will be kicked out.
    [17:48:26] --- Vote Passed 7 vs 0 [7 required] ---
    [17:48:26] DISCONNECTED FROM SERVER

As you can see, since I was about to start a vote, Ewandyr panicked and started a kick. Everyone agreed since they just heard someone was griefing and saw the vote against me, they went, "oh. Jlordo must have been grieifing."
    If you could kindly unban me, that would be great. I get 33 ping there so I don't really want to lose it. Also, perhaps you could ban that stupid Ewandyr. He can be charged with griefing and abuse of the vote system. ;_;

Sometimes, these Steam people REALLY irritate me.
    I have no idea how to fix it but it seems it is a problem.

Fate likes this.
  4. Quane

Quane Catapult Fodder

Yeah i'm kinda new to KAG, so could anyone tell me what the heck is KAG classic, and how is it different from normal KAG(?) ?

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Maybe people who destroyed team blocks (Or started a major collapse on their team's side) can't start a vote-kick for 2 minutes?

6. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

KAG Classic is the free version of the game. It's no long being updated and is vastly different from Beta on Steam.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This was a problem literally since the first builds. There's no way to "fix" people kicking you out democratically, retarded decision or not. This is a "problem" across any game with vote kick; but not having a vote kick option is even worse.

The vote threshold required is a majority of people actually voting, and there are not repercussions across servers (unless a server admin is syncing his bans across serveral servers or some other edge case).

8. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

What if the accused griefer is somehow highlighted to all the players with say an arrow over their head. It'd be a flag until the vote expires.

9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Everyone knows compulsory voting is a terrible idea. It's pretty obvious that a vote means nothing if it is merely filling an obligation. Normally, if you don't know anything about what you're voting for, you would sit it out. Now, you have to get an obtrusive window off your screen, meaning either the kicker or the kickee will probably be kicked without a thought. It has happened to me as well, repeatedly on a single server, by the hand of some pollack shouting accusations in broken English.