1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Server Problems

Discussion in 'General Help' started by NightCaster, Jun 22, 2012.

1. NightCaster

NightCaster Catapult Fodder

Hi, I've just purchased the full game and I'm trying to host a zombie server for my friends.

I downloaded the GUI client for the dedicated server.bat in the forums

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/server-configuration-tool-with-a-gui.3336/

That's what I've been using for this. (Windows)

The server loads up fine and I can join and preform all actions but the zombies won't spawn.

1.) Are there specific maps that zombies only work on? (If so what are they?) I've been trying the default maps in the KAG/Base/Maps folder.

2.) Is there a minimum number of players that need to be present before the zombies will start spawning?

I checked out the FAQ and the "how to host a server topic" and this problem doesn't seem to be covered.

I've seen youtube gameplay on multiplayer zombies so the problem must be on my end.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I discovered more maps hidden by the search filer. when it says .png files, one must scroll down and look through config files as well to find the zombie maps.(why would a map file have a .config destination?) All maps cannot host zombies.

2. MCrypa

MCrypa Haxor

I got your problem, you have to use the zombie map generator.
    Put: "ZombieMapCycle.cfg" as your desired mapcycle./map.

3. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

As MCrypta said, you *have* to use the zombie map generator to run a zombie server. No other maps will work for now.

This is a little bit of advertising, but I've been improving Maqq's GUI config tool for some time now, and in the help file included with my tool you can find out how to run zombie servers with all the steps explained and some other configuration options. You can download the latest version here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/server-configuration-tool-with-a-gui.3336/page-6#post-115094