1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

One-Way Shredder

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Ghozt, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Sincerely, you sir, joke me here. Not only do you cut off whole sentence to make it seem that I am wrong, do you think that because you may have certain 'high status' here, makes you superior to me? I don't think so. I will take you on and destroy any arrogance that you hold if you dare think that you can get away with things just because you are more 'closer' to the people of the forums. Righteousness and justice does not always win. However, here is not the case as I have pointed it out.
    Let's take this outside.
    Each 'quote' you made of mine is redundant. I will explain.
    1. I did not mention nor hint at the word or meaning of 'steal' at any time in my comment.
    2. Ask him, if he did or did not see me use this trap and comment on it in-game before he designed this trap.
    3. The reason I am annoyed at him not mentioning me, is because I had technically 'revived'/'rediscovered' this trap.
    4. It is truthful and absolutely legitimate that I had experimented approximately 3 hours on a weekend and stumbled upon this trap while I experimented with best ways to cross a spike pit.
    5. Therefore, point number 4 pointed out that I had technically rediscovered this, even though this was posted on the threads before I had 'discovered' this. If you look at the whole sentence:
      my statement clearly means I had 'found out' by myself about it before I had read about the thread.
    6. Ghozt has therefore taken it 'to use' if you may, just to be more specific for you. I'm sorry that some people can't read and understand.
    7. And that last bit in bold? Do I need to even explain it to you? It is obvious that you have already lost this argument. Please step down from this argument before you embarrass yourself. Remember: it is not just your view of a situation. It is the publicity's.
    Sincerely and respectfully, Soul.
    With formal apologies and reminders to all that:
    (pretend 'Z' is an object)
    Person A created Z.
    All Persons ignored Z and never noticed it.
    Person B found pie, then researched on Z and found Person A had initially created Z.
    Person B revived Z and put it in use, even though he/she was the only one.
    Person C sees Z used by Person B. Person C uses Z without mention of Person B.
    Person C gets credit.
    Person B is neglected and B's rediscovery is ignored.

Creille likes this.
  2. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Okay, so not only do you cry and whine that you get no recognition for "reviving" (lol) a trap design that is almost as old as the game itself, but then you go on to berate people for saying you're acting like a child? Why should we read every wall of text you decide to type up when, in essence, all you're saying is that Ghozt took your idea and didn't give you a nod for it? I read most of what you wrote, but you can only read, "I NEVER SAID IT WAS MINE, BUT GHOZT TOOK MY IDEA THAT I REVIVED." so many times before your brain starts to seize. Fucking Aussies, man.

Get over yourself.

3. I don't think dragging others into this is appropriate. And I congratulate you on twisting my comments.

Creille likes this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Stop bickering and get on-topic, and soulrealm stop being so butthurt, it's just a trap design, nobody really cares that much.

Noburu and Arcite like this.
  5. Wonderful. Isn't it? So it is appropriate to do what you do then.

Highlight Below.
    X is a thief. X robs Z. Y is X's friend and just found out X is a thief. Y decides it is more appropriate to team up with X to rob Z again. Z must sit back and let him/herself be stolen from, even though he/she knows X and Y are thieves. Z can take it no more and speaks up, only wishing to not be stolen from anymore. Z is flamed for 'false accusations'. Authority persons decide Z is 'falsely accusing' and no effs were given. Z will be a socially despised person. This is just some crazy dude's ramblings. Pay no attention to this.

EDIT: As well as closing this thread without making anymore unnecessary comments is advised.

Creille likes this.
  6. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Or just delete all your posts and the ones replying to them, leaving ACTUAL discussion about the trap. I'm still brainstorming ideas for this!

Ej and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  7. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

All of this fight for this trap make me laugh, since it's one of the worst trap I seen + no one care about who did it the first.

Bammboo, UnnamedPlayer, Ej and 2 others like this.
  8. thebonesauce

No joke, it's pretty awful. Guro was just being nice... It really needs a lot of work.

UnnamedPlayer and Guro like this.
  9. Jumpout

Jumpout Shopkeep Stealer

God damn SoulRealm :huh?: You make me ashamed to be an Australian, just, geez man :bird:

ETC: Trap :thumbs_up: work on it tweak it here and there and definitely listen to Guro

UnnamedPlayer and Arcite like this.
  10. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i do say soulrealm is a lot nicer then other annoying ranters on the internet, (he actually using a spoiler)

for trap, it looks to be useful but glitch spikes? really? should that even be abused? eventually it might stop working

11. thebonesauce

They're not glitch spikes so much as they're arranged in a way that allows them to not only be safe for your teammates, but the various trapbridges make it DEADLY to the enemies. But the problem is that it's much too large and costly, you're better off making tiny, simple traps that the enemy wouldn't think would be a trap.

Arcite likes this.
  12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah, that HUGE monstrosity that Ghozt posted is pretty much garbage, but the simplified trap is rather useful in tunnels.

13. Pffft. Ghozt did a good job trying to make one, and he pointed out the second way to make it team safe. And the simple trap itself? Do I even need to say anymore?

Creille likes this.
  14. thebonesauce

No, you don't. That's the whole fucking point. You're rehashing ideas that were brought to our attention when they were discovered MONTHS ago, throwing a hissy fit that someone else posted your "idea" and then proceed to try and give us shit because we're pointing out your faulty logic. Ghozt came up with something and posted it which is more than we can say for you. If you had such a problem, why didn't you post it? If you thought this was so mind blowing, why didn't you come up with the idea? Take some initiative, for Christ's sake.

UnnamedPlayer, Jumpout and Arcite like this.
  15. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

Lol - this thread is making me squeal(I don't actually squeal - that's just too unmanly(more like laugh really hard)).

Who cares if he didn't mention your freaking name or not lol - last time I checked your design wasn't patented(LOL), and I'm pretty sure people re-discovered that idea way before you. Heck, I've seen a lot of design's I thought I came up with - but after doing a little bit of research in the forum's I found out that someone came up with my idea eons ago(Lol - Re-Discover?).

I'd also like to share this quote with you:
    If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.
    - Isaac Newton

"In computing, we mostly stand on each other's feet."
    - Several Computer Scientists

Not sure if you know what I'm getting at but - if you don't, I'll explain and give examples. Let's take a look at history... technology... science... the exploration of computer science etc. Thinking about this stuff? Good. Read the quote again.

What we humans have done for centuries is do this: Make a current existing idea better. We expound upon it. How do you think we become to be such a technologically advanced society today? It's like a pyramid. We added layer after layer -until we got to where we are today(and were still not finished). This should pretty much give you the gist of what I'm talking about. What's making me laugh even harder is: this is a game, and I'm interjecting the history of mankind into it(idk).
    </br>--- merged: Jul 23, 2012 1:57 PM ---</br>
    TL;DR;

Immature. Read the whole dang post again.

16. ParaLogia

FFS Why does nobody snip quotes in this thread?

UnnamedPlayer and GloriousToast like this.
  17. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

I had to let him know what I was talking about lol. :3 Sowwy.

18. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

soulrealm did.. :3

19. Ok, real cool. :B): Can't be bothered arguing, I have Knight's Championships to host.

Creille likes this.
  20. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Not only is this racist, but you have no problem expressing this stereotypical crap on a public forum. If you wondering why there is an archetypal idiotic american, thats why.

And dont give me crap that this is off topic, it had to be said

soulrealm and Creille like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.