1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Catapults aren't modifiable.

This is not fixable by configs alone.

The reason being, the game just "assigns" you an inventory, so whatever isn't in the inventory normally gets overwritten.

I know, I hate it too.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

But rayne, they did it on the saiyan server you liar

Piano, Domis and Boxpipe like this.
  3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'm going to guess that arrows then effect catapult damage, which is dumb.

Boxpipe and Rayne like this.
  4. Rayne

CHANGES APPLIED, GIVE ME SOME FUCKING FEEDBACK YOOOO

I3lue and Boxpipe like this.
  5. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

If there is something I hate when some servers try to balance knight/archer, it's to make slower the archer shot. That's actually really fine how it is in default. Or, that could be cool if they do less damage but shoot at the same rate. New stuff for knight is cool, everything seem fine there.

Boxpipe likes this.
  6. Rayne

slower? you mean the drawtime? that hasn't changed..

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. WarrFork

The time it take to do a full charged shot, it's obviously slower.

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Are arrows still able to break shields, or is that just a problem on my side? I was firing point blank at full charge into an enemy shield, but no breaking.

Boxpipe likes this.
  9. Rayne

No, archers dont break shields anymore, this is because 2 synced archers at the top of a tower makes it literally impossible to scale. This way, archers either have to stomp to break shields or wait til the knight moves.

I've been able to get 27:3 like this, so i think it works well.
    </br>--- merged: Dec 7, 2012 5:56 PM ---</br>
    It's barely longer, and you now 1h ko other archers with full shot.

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. Hella

At the top of a tower isn't the only place archers use the shield break. In tunnels, as an archer, I can work with a knight of builder to take out the now stronger attacking knight who's trying to kill me. I could also stop him from throwing a bomb into my face through stunning his shield, but now the only way to stop that bomb whilst he has his shield up is to either jump on his head, which is suicide, or slash him as a knight, which also becomes suicide.

Boxpipe likes this.
  11. WarrFork

And I barely care about other archers and 1 shot to kill is gay, I just want to shoot normally vs knights but well, let's be slower and be bombs spam/jabs. What can we do? One shot other archers, fine.. fine.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Holy shit you guys are mad,archers are still p.strong (2heart shot), can't break your shields means that they are blockable but only if the knight is paying attention, this rewards positioning properly between archer/knight to get one on each side of the person or for the ARCHER to look for the opening instead of just making it.

It's way fucking better.

Piano, Domis, Boxpipe and 2 others like this.
  13. WarrFork

I've seen this post coming.., the fact they are making more damage dosen't make them really stronger. A big point on what affect the archer is the rate of firing. I don't care about shield block too, just the freaking rate of fire, that's silly like hell.

Boxpipe likes this.
  14. Hella

Rather than some disembodied snippets of feedback, I guess I should pop a wee chunk of general stuff I've thought about since playing archer, in relation to knight, on the server. Before I start, I want to say that, though I don't mind what you've changed too much (in that I can still play reasonably well with the changes), I prefered the vanilla archer that used to be.

Firstly, unlike Warrfork, I personally have had no problem with the new fire-rate and, to a slightly lesser degree, range. I find the fire rate to be a good counter to the default spam that is the general final defence of the archer in trouble. The shortened range of the full power shot has taken a fair bit of getting used to, but I can understand it in the context of the server.

The damage is a different matter in my opinion. A quarter of a heart seems far too low for the damage of even the low powered arrows, where I might prefer a simple 1/2 a heart, since shots at that rate are easily shielded by a knight. It would take 16 shots at that damage to kill a single knight at this time, and that is if he is an unresistant sitting duck at point blank range. On the other end of the spectrum, the 2-heart shot seems to powerful, because it not only reduces significantly the fun when fighting an archer due to the 1-hit kill, it causes builders to suffer as well, making them more vulnerable to arrows and easier pickings after being reduced to 1 heart in a single hit.
    This is coupled with the heart increase in knights; though I can understand that their resilience was increased (along with their slash damage) in reflection of the 2-heart arrow, it seems to act more as a plain buff against all other classes than a balancing action. Primarily, it has an effect on builders, who are even more hard-pressed when fighting against their now stronger enemies. Secondly, it allows them to kill archers with a single slash in close combat, where they might have had even some opportunity to run previously.
    In reference to these problems, I might suggest reducing the high-power arrow to 1.5 hearts of damage once again, and the knight to 3 hearts with 1.5 hearts of damage in their slash, effectively reverting a portion of your changes. This would mean that archers are no longer just slightly irritating pincushions in the battlefield, whilst builders aren't punished all around. Knights would still be more resilient to archer attacks, due to the general damage threshold being reduced overall.

My last point at this time is to do with shield breaking. In most situations where an archer needs to break a shield, the knight is paying attention; for example, beneath archers on a wall, or, as I said before, in a tunnel with any opponent.
    The enemy knight has easy ways to counter the problem of shield-breaking, namely, have a second knight with you to support you.
    For an archer, it is difficult to exploit a shield break you caused, because their shield is back up before you can cause your 1/4 heart of damage in CQ situations. If you want to do damage in these situations, it's best to have another player with you to help, otherwise you're likely to be very much screwed.
    This change is the one which I like least, because it takes a knight that already has had additional strength scooped onto it, and allows them to be essentially immune to any kind of archer fire when they put their shield up. As I said before, stomping is often not possible, unless you have a fairly significant height advantage, leaving the only current counter to shields being a knight, a catapult, or dropping a ton of stone on their head. The later two are clearly excessive in the normal situation of being on the battlefield, rather than in a tower, and the first puts even more emphasis on knights.
    The only way I could really even slightly understand this change is if the knights hadn't gained extra hearts, but they have and so I'm left feeling that knights have had all the love applied to them, leaving archers, and to a different extent, builders, feeling very much unloved.

I can't think of much else at this time, but I would be happy to discuss what I've said here. We could use a pm so as not to clutter up this thread to excess if prefered.

*awaits shitstorm*

I3lue, Boxpipe, thebonesauce and 4 others like this.
  15. WarrFork

I'm not sure yours is better, i'm so tempted to post a tl:dr but it's too much classic and no more funny.

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. Rayne

noted.
    I'd rather not change the healths back to default, knight combat is fun, we're trying to make all classes fun.

I was also thinking how builders are kinda fucked, so i was thinking of giving them 4 hearts to compensate.

I dont understand why you think 1 hit ko isn't fun, have you never been in the situation where this one faggot archer always heals after each hit? it's fuckign bullshit, and there's no practical way to stop this.

EDIT: I'll go ahead and make a conversation out balancing the classes.

Boxpipe and Beef like this.
  17. I agree with that, I seriously hate it when I'm an archer and I'm clearly better than the enemy archer, but he just goes back and heals over and over and over, until his ally comes up and they both shoot me. It's retarded. I like the 1 hit KO much better than how it was before.

18. Bint

Bint Haxor

I'm not one for whinging but JTG just banned me for switching teams!? :huh?:

Boxpipe likes this.
  19. WarrFork

Don't be surprised, it's JTG.

Boxpipe likes this.
  20. If you repeatedly switch teams and you keep getting switched back, it's an obvious sign that an admin is team switching you. So, if you get team switched at least twice in a row, and you keep on team switching, expect to be banned for it.

Lancelotz, Boxpipe and Beef like this.
Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.