1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action! Unlimited

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Rayne, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Of course I've been in that situation, because it's regular. The only thing I'd really put against that situation is that every class has the capability to do so, archer just normally is closest to the quarters because their weakness in CQ fighting causes the easiest method of fighting to be camping in a tower. Almost every archer does it, because when you are hurt you go and heal, and this doesn't simply apply only to archers.

I can't explain exactly why I dislike it, but it seems like I'm cheating them of their life; it's like how some people object to the ability to insta-gib with bombs. With my inst-kill arrow, I could kill 20 people for the price of a bomb if I have a good aim, and that just seems excessive.
    Whilst archers healing in between hits could be considered a problem, there are plenty of ways around it, involving using different tactics, like insta-killing weapons (bombs/catapults), or getting players into the tower to deal with the threat, which is probably easier with the changes. Hell, hitting him even once and forcing him to heal provides an opening for attack, wheras killing him just means he'll return after about 10 or so seconds extra.

Boxpipe likes this.
  2. Permabanning doesn't work for now. It only sets it to 0 minutes.

Lancelotz and Boxpipe like this.
  3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The rate of firing wasn't changed nooblordl ollololl ez'd scrub

Always bow down to JTG, be happy he didn't take your head.

Domis and Boxpipe like this.
  4. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

Damn computer crashed as i was typing.... Anyway

Basically i think that archers should stun the knights with fully charged arrows, for the argument that 2 archers > 1 knight then you just need 1 more knight 2 archers = 2 knights.
    Not sure if this is up for debate but if it is thats my opinion. TBH i would rather not have archers at all since they are the most despicable thing ever created. BUT for the ones who do use that class, fegs and sissies, its fairly weak without that stun imo reduces usefulness by way too much.

Boxpipe likes this.
  5. BlueLuigi

Again, all changes could change, but right now this is working extremely well, we'll probably test other things later, but as we've noticed in the past when we make a change that feels right and we change it cause a few people 'feel wrong' even though it's enjoyable to most and the server is always full, we just scare people off with all these changes, so while it can be argued that we can test it and change it right back, which we can, it tends to lose a little bit of stuff.

Domis, Boxpipe and Rayne like this.
  6. Bint

Bint Haxor

Only banned for the day, it just seems a bit silly though

Boxpipe likes this.
  7. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i agree that this is super obnoxious, but this is a team game. i actually like the 1 hit kills, but for AvA it actually encourages team cooperation to need 2 archers to kill another player. are there configs for heal time? if you could make the quarters only heal 1/4 heart per 3-5 seconds and have archers do like 1+3/4 damage then damaging an archer either opens a 20+ second window for attack or they have to risk being killed. this slow-to-heal concept is demonstrated a bit in the saiyan server. as ridiculous as that server is, people don't bother healing because it takes too long and they'd rather just die. in more conservative settings, i think you could find a balance where it actually becomes thought-worthy decision

argument for team cooperation also applies to AvK re: shield break. archers breaking shields encourages teamwork. unfortunately as it stands, shield break does make 2 archers with a well placed murder hole nearly unbeatable for even a moderately sized seige team. so i do prefer it without shield break. anything to make knight pushes more worthwhile. with these new settings i see a lot more knight-tsunami's flooding through the front lines, sort of back and forth. i think that's a really good thing. once builders learn how to follow those waves with repairs, i think even pubs could be fun to play with.

tl;dr: i favor 1 hit kills and no shield break

Boxpipe likes this.
  8. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

healing speed isn't modifiable, welcome to kag modding yo.

Boxpipe and jeffeypop like this.
  9. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I see you dont have many admins, and you should recruit me.

;trollface;

Boxpipe likes this.
  10. BlueLuigi

Didn't ask for it? Non modifiable.

Ask for it? 20% chance it's modifiable.

Domis and Boxpipe like this.
  11. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

You're too generous.

Boxpipe likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

We actually have quite a lot of admins, they are simply not red named, only super admins are, so you will not see them, and thus will not attempt to hide like a bitch and grief when he's up front ;)

13. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fuck all you bitches I grief what I want.

[​IMG]

I3lue, Boxpipe, PumpkingSlice and 6 others like this.
  14. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

There's a ton of admins faggots. We're the motherfucking Gestapo.

I3lue, Boxpipe, PumpkingSlice and 6 others like this.
  15. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Was obiously trolling :rollseyes:
    You guys dont need any more admins anyway. 237* admins is a decent number.

*estimated

Boxpipe likes this.
  16. thebonesauce

I was just saying because there were just about 5+ griefers on server who seemed unaware that the SEKRIT PALEECE was online. :D

Boxpipe likes this.
  17. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

[​IMG]
    It's simple.

Piano, Boxpipe, PumpkingSlice and 2 others like this.
  18. thebonesauce

But how can you kill the admin when you don't know who the admin is? KAGMAFIA4LYFE

19. Areo

Areo much doge so swag wow
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

[​IMG]
    Step 1 to find admin:Kill everyone

Piano, I3lue and Boxpipe like this.
  20. vampo

vampo alchemist Donator Tester

i love that no one seemed to notice this part of the post... :p

Froghead48 likes this.
Mods: jackitch
Thread Status: