1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The game's terrible. Actually, the servers are.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xWarri0r, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just because a guard is on IRC doesn't mean they are actually there. Generally I'll respond to a guard call if no one else responds within a minute, but in this case, I heard a ping and I was eating dinner with a friend who visited me. I'm not going to interrupt my dinner just because of guard call. If I was casually eating by myself, sure maybe then. Soon, after I said goodbye to him, he left, I brushed my teeth and went to bed. As Canadian said, most guards are asleep during Aussie daytime because most guards are from the Americas or Europe since it's late at night to early morning for Americans and early morning to morning for Europeans. Chances of you getting help from a guard who comes from there is low at this hour simply cause they are either asleep or busy since most people aren't free until later in the day. So basically, just because you see a guard on IRC, doesn't mean they are actually there. Additionally, I'm not going to change my sleeping habits and my entire way of life just because you expect me to help the KAG community.

As far as I know, apart from FBB, there aren't any other active KAG guards from Australia and he doesn't get on till late night in Aussie land. So basically you are more likely to get help from an admin on the server than a guard. If you can't get an admin because it's badly administrated, then just don't play on that server or votekick them. If you want something done and a guard isn't there, then record a video of them griefing. Sure, the first two bans are basically a slap on the wrist because it'll be at most 2-3 days for first and a week for the second, but after that they get significantly more severe because it's obvious they are going to continue at that point. Guards aren't the solve all problem for everything.

Since there are so many other reliable options, it's more your fault nothing got done.

@OP, as everyone else said, Bergice is a cancerous server that's a plague on the community. To be honest, I'd like for it to be removed from the server list and having everyone who likes going there to be forced to join via direct connect. Bergice gives a terrible reputation and should honestly just disappear. Generally the well populated servers are well administrated, with the exception being Bergice.

2. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

FBB and Ruleral are the only semi-active guards from Aus.

3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

And here I was thinking I'd need to step in and defend my honour as an Australian guard. I'm touched, Kouji & Cana. :QQ::heart:

Yeah, if it's not evening in Australia then it's probably safe to assume I'm working for a living and not able to be helpful. Sorry 'bout that. :L

PinXviiN, Canadian98 and Kovett like this.
  4. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

You also have to understand that people have, ya know, lives. We all have shit going on outside of KAG, especially if you're over the age of 16. Most of us have to work, go to classes, have a social life, etc etc. You can't expect admins/guards to be around 24/7.

CrispyChips35 and Karpovich like this.
  5. CrispyChips35

CrispyChips35 Bison Rider

Personally, i try to ignore the griefers or just assholes if i don't manage to votekick them. And if they get really annoying and its impossible to play, i just leave the server and choose a different one, or just don't play the game (ragequit)

6. And the admins/guards are mainly over 16. in ex. i'm in Germany till 12th, after that LAN Party till 14th and then going to work, i might get access to forums, but i belive i'm unable to play during that time.

7. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

This is one very large and long winded admin application.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Usually griefers are like a fringe group in otherwise popular games. What's unsettling is that KAG is almost dead, yet there's still an endless supply of griefers. What kind of sub-human do you have to be to grief in such a small, dedicated community? It would be like griefing a Shockwave game from 2003. Maybe these people will be the last ones playing KAG, digging dirt when there's nobody left building.

Beef likes this.
  9. CrispyChips35

CrispyChips35 Bison Rider

Why is KAG almost dead ? The servers and community is pretty active in my opinion. But i agree with that "sub-human" statement :D

10. xWarri0r

xWarri0r Catapult Fodder

I asked Bergice nicely if I could apply somehow to help with the server. He then shut me down on his wall on an alternative account. Facepalm.
    </br>--- merged: Jul 2, 2013 10:03 PM ---</br>
    This isn't my application. This is my feelings towards wanting to apply for such a position.

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Just saying that Hatsumei isn't Bergice, if it were, I'd have to ban one of those accounts. Hatsumei is a dick though.

Noburu and Canadian98 like this.
  12. Canadian98

Canadian98 Haxor Tester

Bergice doesn't seem to respond to complaints on his profile anymore, might want to PM him.

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Apronymous likes this.
  14. Boxpipe

OP has definitely not played on [!]Admin unlimited

15. xWarri0r

xWarri0r Catapult Fodder

@Yagger

Still, I didn't say that I was APPLYING for a position. I was wishing to. I didn't apply though. Read.

16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Nah, I don't really mean it that way. I'm willing to believe that the game will be revived when it's properly released, though I'm unsure of the community it will attract.

17. steam and reddit, man

18. Boxpipe

One last note before I leave this dumb thread forever, why the hell would you rate the community's ability to administrate based on an RP server?

I might as well rate all of humanity based on Nazi Germany.

OP knows nothing about KAG, nor does anyone who liked OP's post, just a bunch of frustrated pubbies that want admin really bad on their favorite server.

Rubixxcube and Yagger like this.
  19. xWarri0r

xWarri0r Catapult Fodder

So you're saying casual gamers who apparently don't know anything about a game should have the shittiest experience ever. Cool point.

It's more of "why the hell" are some of the shittiest servers introduced to the new players (like me) who have no idea where to start? Now you can leave.

20. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

plebs who dont know how to try another server