1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Armory

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by Skinney, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Latest Update to main post: 9/2/2013
    -removed random frame sheets
    -added compiled frame sheets in a zip
    -still working on spear >.<

King Arthur's Armory is going to be a modification that adds tons of new and fun weapons for each class; Knight, Builder and Archer. My goal for this mod is to expand KAG's arsenal while keeping the balance between roles intact. Please note that this is a work in progress and everything is subject to change.

[​IMG]
    With slightly increased jab range and the ability to impale enemies from afar the javelin fits a unique role of support and utility while still allowing front line combat. The javelin is even able to stick to most walls allowing you to climb them. Be warned though, the javelin does not have a power attack and missed shafts can be hurled back towards you. Even worse, if you aren't paying attention to your limited supply you might find yourself without a proper weapon.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Increased jab range, increased block range and the ability to break any guard with a fury of strikes makes the spear an efficient weapon for both support and offense. Even with all those advantages the spear has just as many disadvantages, including your inability to block projectiles and longer weapon draw time. With that in mind staying close to your teammates and utilizing combined arms makes this weapon quite fearsome.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    With slightly increased range and a large arc the Broadaxe hews unwary foes with ease. What this weapon lacks in refinement and defense it makes up for in offensive capability, able to hastily turn trees and wooden structures to kindling.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Questions, Criticism and Suggestions warmly welcomed.​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  2. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

If this sees fruition, it will be amazing to play with.

Keep up the good work.

3. nkChehov

nkChehov Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

4. elricsfate

elricsfate Catapult Fodder

I haven't seen you on the server in a bit Skinney :D. I would absolutely love to have this added to the server once it becomes a little more mature. Let me know if you need any help with testing or a place to host it!

5. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Wow all of this looks awesome. Great work keep it up!

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This is so awesome, I shall give you this Seal of Approval! :D
    1000240_577403472299061_1598097088_n.jpg
    xD

meaow and giggiggiggiggig like this.
  7. Skinney

Thanks for the support, updated the main post with a little information on the Broadaxe and a couple animations.

SlyStalker and elricsfate like this.
  8. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Will you be able to re-collect your javalein and do your aim with the mouse or is it like bombs.

9. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

How would you be able to switch from weapon to weapon? I'm curious about what your ideas are.

10. elricsfate

elricsfate Catapult Fodder

Appears one of the imgur links are broken.

11. Skinney

Aiming will be similar to that of the archer, javelin shafts will be able to be picked up or destroyed like arrows.

Initial weapon choice would be performed at the blacksmith (buildable structure), the weapons themselves would occupy a slightly expanded backpack (do note this also means your default equipment will be stored and replaced upon purchasing a new weapon).

This is still a work in progress so this is always subject to change.

The broken link should be fixed now.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  12. Daaaaaayyuuum they look nice brah keep up the good work

Kazaco97 likes this.
  13. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I have a suggestion, it might be stupid, but for the builders could you have throwable nails. They fly about 5-7 blocks and do a half of heart or if your luck(very rare) they will do a full heart. They might cost about 5 stone or 5 wood when you through them or you put them in the blacksmith building and you get about a mat of them.

tlc2011 likes this.
  14. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

Looks amazing! Also, do you have any builder weapons done yet? IMO, all of the builder weapons should be utility. Like amgtree suggested, nails. They could be thrown like that, or you can use them to reinforce wood blocks, making them able to take more damage.

15. Skinney

I have a weapon in the builder list that fits a similar role, the sling. Thanks for the suggestion though, they are always beneficial.

I have a couple weapons tentatively finished for the builder, this list is always subject to change but here it is.

Builder Weapon List
    • Maul
    • War Hammer
    • War Fork
    • Quarterstaff
    • Billhook
    • Felling Axe
    • Sling

16. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

What about instead of classes for your mod you have one class and your role is decided by your equiment. Such as you could have a bow and knight armor, but you cant arrow climb or go on trees

NinjaCell likes this.
  17. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Oh yeah I like that a lot.

18. Mihu

Mihu Builder Stabber

But how you will choose them? Via armory building or hall or something else?

19. Bint

Bint Haxor

Mihu likes this.
  20. Skinney

Quick update, working on spear frames and other fun stuff.

Idle
    [​IMG]

Strike Mid
    [​IMG]

Strike Mid Sequence (Idle - Draw Weapon - Strike Mid - Stow Weapon)
    [​IMG]

Bunny!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.