1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[947] Bomb Arrows are Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Da_Truth, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I'm not getting this whole "bomb arrows are unbalanced in TTH" argument. I mean, you generally get unlimited mats from supply drops all game (for free, no mining or slowly chopping wood), have a ridiculously long build time that allows you to build defenses that would generally be unassailable without bomb arrows, kegs or siege (since bombs are completely useless at trying to even dent those massive structures) and bomb arrows are shit against knights (oh wow I shielded, gg archer).

TTH is the only game mode where I've seen huge giant ass structures being made out of just stone. If you just remove bomb arrows, all you are going to get is more keg spam instead because high destructive power is NEEDED. If your knights aren't better than the enemy's knights, you aren't going to win against them regardless because your team is constantly going to be pushed back. This also means any damage an enemy archer does with bomb arrows is irrelevant because you still aren't going forward.

Also being able to spam migrants is a map issue. If there's huge amounts of gold on the map (especially to start with), then remove the gold from the map and have your server use that.

Sirpixelot likes this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Your definition of 120 seconds is different from my definition. 300 seconds would be a much better build time :B

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

And that's relevant how?

A: It isn't

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Because it isn't ridiculously long. In fact, dare I say it, it's way too short. In a game where knights can indeed leap way higher and multi-bomb jump way further, thereby underpowering builders, builders also have to deal with a build time that's less than half of what it was in classic, nerfing their ability to build adequate defenses even further.

It is not a ridiculously long build time, not by a long shot.

Edit: You're talking about TTH though and my experience is with CTF, so maybe ignore me. TTH already has prebuilt defenses so it's easier for builders to add on to.

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

An interesting dynamic of bomb arrows is that they promote the use of cheap wooden structures which are easily time/cost efficient against bomb arrows but that in turn leaves a team open to fire arrows.

Sir_Walter and Saigon like this.
  6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

The layers technique is very useful in THH.

7. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

bomb arrows should do 4 hearts
    otherwise, zilch zap nothing

8. what, why? they're not meant to be OP instant kill destructors, they're meant to be pinpoint block destruction a la faster moving smaller area bomb ballista bolts.

9. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

it doesnt really make sense for 50 coins not being able to kill a knight but 25-30? coins can

10. When you consider that they're not designed to be used against knights, that's when you realise their worth.

You have your legolas shot, which deals 3 hearts to non-shielding foes provided you line up correctly, and 2 hearts to a knight if he's close enough to be stunned by the first arrow (<10 tiles away from you, so probably not too far out of slash range)

You have your water arrow, which stuns with a splash if they're not shielding, and on a direct hit if they are.

You have your fire arrow, which is designed to be anti-wood, but could conceivably also be used against players - the fire damage now does 2 hearts, so if you hit with it, that's 1 + 2 hearts as well as the player not having full control for a little while.

You have your bomb arrow, which is designed to be anti-stone/structures. It's not meant to be used as an anti-knight arrow - it's why it's so expensive. It's easier to fire than a bomb, does extremely accurate block destruction, and can be used at range unlike every other explosive in the game.

11. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

oh, people finally realized that bomb arrows are the manifestation of the massive insecurities of the beta archers towards classy knights

12. ZeThtb

ZeThtb Haxor

I play builder mostly, but sometimes go up to the front with some wood, ram a tower in the ground, archer shop ontop and just fire 12-15 bomb arrows with the massive gold being a builder brings with it. Its fun and normally creates a break though that lasts long enough for a knight to stumble in the flag.

Noodle_ likes this.
  13. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

SirDangalang, hierbo, Ej and 5 others like this.
  14. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

"pinpoint" is hardly what comes to mind when I see an archer tunnel through a 5 thick wall.

15. With one arrow alone I doubt they can dig through a 5 thick wall. By "pinpoint", I mean that they are accurate in comparison to the other ranged explosives.

hierbo, Auburn and Gurin like this.
  16. sellerofrice

sellerofrice Catapult Fodder

Hm. I play archer myself and I'd have to say they are pretty strong. Maybe if they bumped up the cost to 75 gold because I'm usually able to rack up enough gold off of kills to make it pay for itself. That and its really easy to use(aka noob shot)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.