1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1233] Is being a meat shield knight a viable strategy?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by SirDangalang, Sep 5, 2014.

?

Taking hits for the team, Yah or Nah?

1. Yah

74.5%
  2. Nah

25.5%
  1. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

So the general idea is to shield continuously when leading a push towards a enemy base, with your main priority being to shrug off all incoming hits from both enemy archers and knights. This is so that you give your charging knight allies behind a chance to capitalise on an exposed enemy after their attack is negated, allow archers to peg arrows at your opponent from behind you, or give builders some safety distance to fortify while an enemy is distracted trying to kill you off.

Combined with the use of burgers while shielding continuously, alongside the fact that whilst shielded there aren't that many attacks (to my knowledge) that can kill a knight outright from full health, for a time it would be quite difficult for the enemy to kill you off unless you are outnumbered and/or alone without support which this tactic is not intended for.

I tested doing this myself in a few public CTF games and from my experience it was most effective during the initial rush where I would carry a trampoline as well to drop down, so allied knights can hop over a front wall and create chaos while the other team is still getting their stuff together. At the worst I could always throw burgers at allies to heal them up as well giving a little flexibility if they're taking damage later on being more of a medic knight.

What are your thoughts to this guys? 25252525

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Yeah i like it, Having a knight shield at the front with archers behind him makes it like a moving platform. Once all the archers are picked by your archers that have cover, you can lower your shield and take care of any knights or archers that stayed too long.

Dargona1018 and SirDangalang like this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Build cover as builder. Not as knight, they can't build.

SirDangalang likes this.
  4. SirDangalang

The meat shielding knight could accompany a fellow knight and builder as a three person rush team to buy time though for the builder right? And whilst he/she can't create cover and defences they could drop defence to time jabs or play normally to hold ground, compared to a front line builder in a similar position being forced back or killed off quickly.

But definitely attack builders may be more effective if a team needs to fully set up a forward static position though @Verzuvius . Although I'm thinking also that comparatively though in moving pushes where a group of knights/archers clashes against another group, one ally could dedicate themselves to block stuff giving advantages to the team in getting favourable attack timings and such right? ::):

5. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

As a knight I'll grab bombs and die just so all the other archers and builders don't. Does that count?

Sou likes this.
  6. SirDangalang

Can't tell if that's a critique or an agreement in a way I'm not quite grasping @TheDirtySwine haha ::):

Loading up on bombs and then getting prematurely killed by going full shield mode sounds a bad deal if you're fuelling the ammunition of the other side certainly, so for like value purchasing hold 2 burgers and 2 bombs could mitigate some risk in that and give you bomb throwing potential while shielding.

Unless you literally mean catch incoming bombs to save the lives of your team totally like in "The Bodyguard" movie.
    Because yes that counts.
    That is badass. :r_flex::B)::flex:

7. TheDirtySwine

Yeah basically the last part sorry I didn't explain it well. I'm on my phone and I don't like to type up large messages

SirDangalang likes this.
  8. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I enjoy just shield rushing into a knight duel and watching my team mow the other players down.

Occasionally, I buy 4 bombs, light each one and put them in my inventory, slash into enemies, and watch hilarity ensue.

SoraBorealis and SirDangalang like this.
  9. TheDirtySwine

Too bad you couldn't put lit bombs in an enemy backpack lol

10. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

A better idea is to drive a catapult through the enemy lines

11. Well without an archer by your side your extremely vulnerable to everything so long as they are alive and you aren't reckless you'll pull through

12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

If you attack all at once then its a great strategy. For example if there are 2 knights 2 archers and a builder then the 2 knights should be protecting the archers and the builder with their shields while they are walking or swimming.

13. -Q

-Q Donator

Shielding doesn't work when a decent enemy knight hits you with a double slash - jab, which will kill you instantly, disallowing you from using burgers to heal. In reality, going full shield mode rather than dodging around will just hasten your death.

SirDangalang likes this.
  14. SoraBorealis

SoraBorealis Catapult Fodder

@Jepton 1337 pro MLG strategy

SirDangalang likes this.
  15. Koveltskiis

Koveltskiis Shark Slayer

You can put them in a corpse, as long as it has something else in it25252525

16. TheDirtySwine

But that happens to rarely to ever be taken advantage of

17. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

Throw there bombs back and shield stun would get you killed less