1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Classic, Hello Beta.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurin, Nov 6, 2013.

1. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

I cant play classic, its just so slow, and you die from such small hights...

Maybe its just beta getting to my head? :eek:

2. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I am still getting used to the beta, this long after its release; so if I were to wear my nostalgia goggles, then my favorite would be classic. But realistically, Beta is superior in every aspect, at least in my opinion. The only thing I want to see more of are servers with tickets!

I do love those epic last stands in classic, standing tall, 20 against 80-100 players!

Waky likes this.
  3. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

i just wuv both

4. Beta > classic.
    I've played kag since the mid 90 build, I took a break for a while In between and found beta was out. Looking back at classic, the gameplay is relatively slow, it dosnt have the same fast pace gameplay beta has. There is also a lot of neat mechanics and design features beta has, like hiding mines in trees or boulder cannons. Just the mobility in beta is what I love the most.
    (Still would like tickets on official servers in beta tho)

By all means come to an aus server where the only ones that play are hard out addicts that , at times , can be on sangfroid/gurin level

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

6. @-Tj-
    *Cough*I'll take you on any day *cough*

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  7. MrJet

MrJet Drill Rusher

Classic better with graphics and more fun play with friends.

miniu likes this.
  8. Lehmure

Lehmure Shark Slayer
    1. KRPG

Okay, then. Time to a big motherfuckin post to my opinion to Beta and Classic, yey.
    Beta: As real Classic fan, i enjoyed Beta for some days, with a big hopeful smile in my face. Then the game got strangely weird, i could make a wall with ten blocks and a knight wearing a super armor would be faster than a builder, and would climb that wall without problem. They fixed that, alelujah. Oh, wait, i just played for 3o mins after all this time. Got out pretty fun, played on an empity server, with only 5 or 4 other guys, because no South America server, still. Of course, somethings bugged me alot. Like the hud, wich stays in the bottom of the screen, so you actually never see how much hearts you really have. The wooden doors are really fragibiglwadiahd (fragile, thanks NinjaCell.) the water bombs and the slashing part sucks, and the archer shoot and hook also sucks. I really enjoyed da boats, specially the small one. I won't lie, i liked a bit more of the game than the last time i played. Of course, still is a game with a fast gameplay, with not so much strategy and teamwork as classic. Since a guy just came with a keg and blow all our base by himself. That was fun. Oh, forgot about that, now it's almost a high specs-game.
    Classic: Well, i play classic for almost two years, i saw brazilians servers when they were full and good. I played on Action with all those funny men. And now it has half of the people that plays Beta. (Sunday, if i am sure, there was 51 or 53 people on Classic) While Beta was with 67 players last time i checked. (2 mins ago)
    The gameplay is simple, you build, camp trough all the tickets, rush withouth thinking properly or just tunnel all the way to the flag. You don't do a wall walking like a ninja or something, you can climb a wall by using the space between one, two, three blocks. The archers can stand in trees for forever, have longshots that do a lot of damage, shoots like archers from the Azincourt and stuff like that. All classes can actually easily kill. The builder can jump on a knight, put spike where he is, or just hit him with his hammer if the other player is a laggy one. While the knight have the power to bombjump all the way trough the map and land with half heart, slashing and jabbing, and dying. A lot. There is the Cata aswell, wich sucks, oh my God, how it sucks. You use almost all the resource of the map to build a tower, then comes a guy with a cata, and with three shoots, your tower will vanish like (Insert comparation here, please. Be poetic, bitches love poetry.) The game, actually, uses a pretty much of teamwork, a knight can't actually conquer a small tower, if there aren't builders to put ladders everywhere and wololo the base. Some matches are really slow, while others the other team does a genocide on your team while you are still there, catching resourcers to do a small sexy pit. The game got abandoned by the devs, and the guards, sad stuff, so gets pretty full of hackers, griefers and others. The game have some glitches, like building in the black, the one block tunneling, and others that i don't remember very well. But it's a fun game, i recommend it to you guys. Oh, and sorry about all the grammar errors, i am pretty sure that there is a lot of them.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    miniu, PussyDestroyer and IrishSmalls like this.
  9. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

10. MrJet

MrJet Drill Rusher

My last word in topic is Bye my favourite classic :( :QQ:

11. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

I tried playing Beta today, it was horrible. :QQ:

12. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Beta was fun for while but you get killed instantly with a double slash by knights.

13. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

You also get insta-killed by a double slash by knights on classic, maybe you should consider stop getting hit by slashes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014
    miniu, startselect3, Rayne and 4 others like this.
  14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I get rekked by knights in classic WAY more than knights in beta. The knights telegraph their moves more efficiently in beta so it's easier to see what's gonna hit you.

Plus slash timing is just a bit slower in classic, slow enough to where you'll screw up your slash every time.

15. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Y u makes me cri Betyah? :QQ:

No, but for some reason, beta gives off a more arcade feel. The gameplay is faster, incredibly so for somebody who has 500+ hours of Classic and less than 7 hours of release KAB, yet ranged stuff is shorter. Arrow range is almost melee unless you have a sniper nest or a tall unreachable floating island above the sea, bomb jumps are less than half the possible range for a veteran.

And bombs do peanut damage compared to classic, buildings and personnel alike. Off there is the Keg, but it just feels like overkill. And you are slower than the classic knight carrying a barrel full of gunpowder. Throw range is about five meters on flat land, and for buildings, the only thing that matters is how thick the wall is. In classic, you had to actually fucking think about whether placing that block there on your building might screw you over, either for a pro bomb jumper to land on or a guy to parkour over.

Yet for all the fast paced action, all the classes feel so clunky, as if I suddenly weigh about 20 more kilos. The fact that there is inertia in beta kills it for me. Perfect traction, aka your movement stopping when you stop pressing, is what actually makes me like classic gameplay more. Nothing like being used to classic combat, where the positioning of every pixel matters, and in beta, my knight keeps fucking drifting towards the enemy after my slash.

It feels so alien, unrealistic for some reason, even tho I know that Classic physics pulls the finger to Einstein as well.

In the end, moving faster yet range being nerfed, not being able to be in full control of movement, and architecture being a redundant art, makes me have this face whenever I play Betyah. --->. \_:X3:_:bird:

Hermap likes this.
  16. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Here's the thing about classic, I actually thought it was way too easy. Single slash led to double slash meaning you killed or got killed really easily. Bomb jumping was as simple as holding your shield up, and you then went from your tower over the enemy's tower. Bombs moved so slowly, and had a timer, so you know when to throw it, but they were easily dodged. (although, they did one-shot everyone). Archers could sit in towers all day and be incredibly effective. And building was still good, but still just required memorizing what other people were building and copying that. Battle-building was more challenging, but was still just entombing yourself in a cancerous bubble to protect yourself against knights while you drilled through their tower. Parkour took more skill in classic though, but that was because overall movement was limited.

NinjaCell likes this.
  17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I find playing as a knight on classic to be ridiculously hard, myself. I'm too used to slash surfing, charging takes a split second longer which throws me off every damn time, and the classic vets own me every time.

18. Hermap

Hermap Haxor

It's just a matter of preference and getting used to.
    That's the short version. :wink:

19. fanaticmetroid

fanaticmetroid Bison Rider
    1. The Thieves Guild

I prefer classic more than beta, it is just the hardness/roughness classic has gets me... I like to play with no parkour and Beta is heavily dependent on that due to the wall run and those kind of moves. I would like a Classic port to the Beta, like having most classic mechanics like some fight and graphics and yet still have some beta ones, the double slash and the wall run (but decreased). It is just... I dont like so much the movility you get in beta. You have no skill on it, yet, you can kill people easily. While on classic when I started I was heavily dependent on others, due to my lack of skill. I could barely hit anyone and when I got a kill it was like a matter of happiness to me.

For me, Classic wins.

20. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

I agree, Beta may have much more features, and better things to do, but I still prefer Classic, like what you said, it is less complicated, and easy to master, there is more thinking going on in Classic than Beta, there may be less players, but the experience, is much more better.
    You know what they say, the simple games are the most enjoyable. (Heard this from my teacher, but still, I agree)

Hermap and fanaticmetroid like this.