1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ReBalance mod discussion

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Rayne, Mar 13, 2015.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh, okay.

Seems like it might be good? Dunno. Would need to test. I kinda like the idea of needing to swap between shieldbash and lighting bombs--definitely would raise the skill required to pull off the old Classic standby of lighting a bomb and then using shieldbash to keep people off your back while you cook said bomb--but making it easy-to-use for pubs (who might find having two clearly different functions tied to the same key too complex) could be a challenge.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Reminder to Rayne to make drill boost movement in water.

Also for those wondering. The drill can now mine the following amounts of stone and wood blocks in a straight line before overheating:

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:

:tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree:
    :tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree::tree:

hierbo, SlayerSean and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Glorious. Simply masterful.

hierbo likes this.
  4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

This thread got a lot of responses this last day, very awesome.

6) Bomb Satchel.
    Stats: 0.5 hearts of health, damage similar to the old bomb arrows. 5 seconds to explode.
    Reason: A more offensive version of the bomb arrow, it is more counter-able, and could be the counter-buff to the bomb arrows that we're looking for, and ultimately it would balance the count of special items between the two classes. The archer shop sells 4 items but 1 of those is the item required for regular attacks.

HNGGGGH I think this is a perfect solution for archers still being effective with 'bomb arrows' yet not being so OP in being able to do all that structure damage from a distance, which I believe is one of the bigger problems with their offensive capabilities v structures, that they can do it from a distance (and it's so effective), I believe it's also the problem with keg drops, that you can do it from a distance, so easily
    I kind of agree with this to be honest, I've tried it a few times and managed to catch it out of those times 3/5, however I was really pissed one of the times when I picked up arrows instead of the lit keg, despite jumping to catch the kegs (as archer). (I'm sure this is just an issue with priority though)

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  5. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's really inspirational how @Geti still tries to deflect blame to the truly responsible parties for things, despite knowing that he will be held to account for all things, ever.

Really liking the sound of this mod so far, and please make sure that the devs know about the bugs you find, so even if they don't take all your ideas, they can get those into the main line code, such as the knight immunity to fire when shielding bug!

6. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

yes we've already submitted the bugfixes to geti.

that includes the annoying can't fire after you run out of special arrows bug!!!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  7. BlueLuigi

Hoho, you found the solution to that huh? Awesome, I run into that, often

8. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

Wait are you talking about the bug where if I switch to a water arrow shoot them, then try to shoot again, my bow would be empty instead of having the default arrow winded up?

I really hope this is the one you're talking about, very annoying bug.

Noburu, hierbo and BlueLuigi like this.
  9. Rayne

Yeah it should be fixed, it was syncing the out of ammo bool before checking your regular arrow count, so it would set your bow to the no_ammo state.

try to reproduce it on the test server :)

10. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Now if someone could fix the triple shot not firing when released bug.

I like the Changes but the Buff to the drill seems OP if a builder can drill through 5 stone blocks with just one drill ( mind you it's not hard to have more than one) what can withstand that? When you Buff the builder you nerf him at the same time, balance monitored closely. 5 blocks for one drill seems too much. I'd personally only like to see a buff to the destruction of Door and platform tiles for builders and leave other blocks alone.

So fire arrows do 3 hearts of damage now? Why the need for another heart; doing twice the normal damage is good as it is.

and cutting the bomb radius down to 32 seems severe, I feel 48 would still allow some increased skill cap while allowing knights to still be able to do what bombs do best (kill archer scum). If the increased drag and reduced radius is added it is a major buff to archers, leaving knights with few options to fight them.

Verzuvius likes this.
  11. BlueLuigi

Would like to see fire arrows do more damage to siege (not as much as bomb arrows though), and give more coins than normal for the hits on it (hit on each burn tick was what I was thinking, but I'm not sure how that would work in the code)

Noburu likes this.
  12. Rayne

I buffed it a lot, maybe I should tone it down more. try out the changes on the test server and leave feedback please!
    I thought they could use a bit more of potential damage, I've changed it back to do 1 heart on hit, but I've added an additional heart to the damage-over-time burning.
    the bomb radius has been changed to 48, read the first post, it is more up-to-date.

FuzzyBlueBaron, kodysch and BlueLuigi like this.
  13. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

We did a lot of testing last night with knight, the bombs have a 48 pixel radius right now. Which feels good on both ends. The new bomb jumping was decently accepted aswell.

I'm much in favor of removing shield surfing as a way to move faster for knights, I don't like it as a mechanic for moving faster or stuning. Last night I was talking to Jiggy and a few others about having an intentional shield bash, not as an item you swap to select, but as an attack. i.e) if you hold right click and then hold left click you would do a shield bash jutting you forward slightly. This would stun unshielded enemies. However if the enemy was shieled it would stun both of you leaving you open for teammate attacks. This would also allow knights to stun nearby archers/builders because they don't have shields. I think this would also help to raise the skill ceiling for knight.

kodysch likes this.
  14. hierbo

Hold up, does that shield bash mechanic have a down side for the basher? Sounds like the worst possible outcome for him is a tie, right? I think missing with a shield bash should be disadvantageous, otherwise knights could maraud around doing that move all day. Maybe there's more to it than is in your description, but if not, I propose something like this.

BucketEmpty likes this.
  15. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The downside is the tie. If you tie, you are likely to die to another enemy, you can't safely assume that you'll live if you tie a shield bash because some one else will end up jabbing/slashing you.

16. Rayne

line 342 of archerlogic.as
    change it from
    Code:
    else if (this.isKeyJustPressed(key_action1) ||
    to
    Code:
    else if (this.isKeyJustReleased(key_action1) ||
    and it's fixed.
    (it's on the server if you want to test)

17. hierbo

The downside vs. another knight who is also doing the same move is a tie, vs. anyone else, there isn't one, it sounds like. I'm talking about the knight who simply misses with the shield bash, and the opponent is then right in front of him ready to capitalize on his error. If the other classes (including another knight that avoids the bash, for that matter) get no advantage from a knight screwing this up in their immediate vicinity, I don't see any reason why the knight wouldn't spam this at almost any opportunity. Perhaps a brief delay after missing would be all it would take to make it reasonable, to give the opponent a chance to respond.

18. Verrazano

Yea that sounds like a good idea to have a delay after doing it where you're open.

FuzzyBlueBaron, hierbo and BlueLuigi like this.
  19. BucketEmpty

BucketEmpty Horde Gibber

Could be as simple as just using the blow out animation after having a slash charged up for long but not using it.

20. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Everyone needs to keep in mind this is all TESTING so we can tweak things. Nothing is set in stone yet, aside from the bug fixes.

And yea drill needs to be toned down a bit. Maybe 3x2 for stone and 5x2 for wood? Price of a drill could always be raised a bit if needed as well. Could think of a drill as a keg for builders in some ways.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.