1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Grappling hook to OP?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by samsamkill4fun7, Sep 24, 2015.

?

What Do You Think Op Or Ballenced

1. Op

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Ballenced

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samsamkill4fun7

samsamkill4fun7 Horde Gibber

in my opinion (someone who loves archer class) grappling hook needs a Nerf. It can make you super fast whilst running away (jump grapple) and can fling you right over an enemy's tower or rush an unprepared team. i think it needs a slightly smaller range 2-4 blocks smaller max and a slower speed when climbing

What Are Your Opinions

2. Withror

Withror Ballista Bolt Thrower

Agree, builders can barely counter bomb jumpers and yolo archers

3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

No. It's the unprepared team's fault, not the grappling hook. Once you're over a tower, there's not much you can do unless there's open shops or you have bomb arrows with you (risky to try to take bomb arrows with you over a tower which most likely will have a bunch of knights slashing at your feet). The grappling hook is fine as it is.

4. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

I think its fine the way it is. Why would you wanna nerf archers most essential tool to survive. He already can be 1hko with slash and a correct bomb throw, fire arrow,bomb arrow, etc.

5. Withror

True, but they will always be hard to deal with for new players.

6. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

definitely needs a nerf. archers are way to agile.

7. Blue_Tiger

The best knights in kag are just as hard to deal with for new players as the best archers...

SirDangalang and J-man2003 like this.
  8. Withror

But the percentage of archers that can get over midrange building is much higher than the one of knights, therefore archers tend to do a lot more damage to new players' buildings and workshops.

9. _Cuffs_

_Cuffs_ Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

There really is no reason to nerf the archers grapple. It's already difficult for archers to get over an enemy wall without being shot or slashed in the process, and like Blue_Tiger said there isn't much they can do except harass enemy builders. At best they could get into a shop and switch classes to builder or knight. The main problem for new players isn't archers, while they can still be threatening, it's the knights with single or double bomb jumps. These knights will get over any and every wall a builder can make.

10. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

In the end the knight cant do shit either but harrass and stall some people. And seeing as an archer can get places better, id say they could stall longer if they wanted to. Also it takes money for a knight to get over the wall.

11. Blue_Tiger

They can meat shield block doors, stopping builders, archers and some knights getting out. If they have bombs (which they probably do considering they got over a tower), they can blow up shops far cheaper and safer than an archer would.

12. _Cuffs_

As a knight I've been able to wreck absolute havoc in an enemy's base once getting over there walls. Also on multiple occasions I have gone over a wall with fellow Knights and completely backdoored teams.

13. Withror

Which is why somewhere else I wrote that the bomb's vertical travel potential should be nerfed

14. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Pls, if it wasnt for the "op agility" this game better not even have the archer class. Leave the things that are working fine in the game as they are, its rare to find them.

Magmus, EhRa, Solaris and 1 other person like this.
  15. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Make a better wall if you want to counter them, bomb jumpers are relatively easy and archers can be dealt with

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Agreed with OP. Archers should have grapple nerfed. Preferably by replacing grapple with a chain and ball. This would slow them down; plus, they could use the ball as a short-range melee weapon, finally make archer a balanced and well-rounded class. Why the devs have not implemented this simple and obvious solution is beyond me. Maybe re-doing the art would be too difficult for MM?

PUNK123, golemn, SirDangalang and 3 others like this.
  17. samsamkill4fun7

samsamkill4fun7 Horde Gibber

well i realize that most of you think that their is nothing wrong with a good archer grapple. yes it is a good thing to balance the archer so that he has speed over knights. all i was talking a bout was a small nerf not get rid of the dam thing. i only want to see it reduced a small amount the travel speed to the hook and 2 smaller max range when standing still gezz calm down and also lots of idiot builders leave all different shops open once in a base

Withror likes this.
  18. _Cuffs_

Alright, first off lowering the travel speed of the grappling hook will be extremely detrimental to most archers and depending on how much you slow it down. It could even make it impossible to get past overhangs on a tower. Also a lot of archers can't escape bombs with how the grapple is currently, so making it even more difficult to escape would cause archers to be weak. This could result in more archers using water arrows because it would be the only viable method of escape from a bomb. Overall I don't see a need for a nerf and any nerf you have suggested would cause archers to be to weak to leave the tops of towers.

Magmus and EhRa like this.
  19. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

I don't agree with the grapple being nerfed, but :up:this:up:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wanna see that! archers need mothafakin flails!

or someone mod it, idk, whatever comes first.

SirDangalang and DragonUnitedtm like this.
  20. i'm kinda on both sides.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.