1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Nice sprites. :)

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Ty ;)
    The beginnings are sometimes easy, the tedious thing is the animations. Working on a 8 frames run:

anim.gif

3. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

I know the feels.

4. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

Get a playlist + cofee, works for me.

Sytoplasma and 8x like this.
  5. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Working on KAG Reborn:

This is me attempting to make catapults more reliable at their intended role. The catapult fires a large rock, and much like a MIRV missile, it splits into 5 cata rocks (the same number of rocks that they originally fired, with the original damage too). Because of the way the rocks spread, it's much more efficient at destroying castle walls and less effective at shotgunning troops right in front of you. Not sure if OP or if it will fit in with the slightly changed meta.

I'm considering forcing the the large rocks to break apart after going below a certain height, so that the catapult will be less effective against buildings past a certain height. In that case I would buff the large rocks against buildings and nerf the smaller rocks. I'll probably do a similar thing to ballistas to get rid of OP ballista towers.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  6. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

Been working on an attack and defense gamemode for the past few days. Been Testing it quite a bit. Includes a lot of tweaks to mechanisms including three new blocks. Attackers spawn in waves with extra equipment coming each wave. I forgot to take some nice screenshots of the testing sessions but they were consistently filled servers. Still working on balance but I'll put the finished product up in the resources section soon.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the horribly compressed gif, but here's my patented wall of pain.

GIFrecord_2015-10-17_004556.gif

7. Chrispin

KAG Reborn will feature deployable outpost "shops" which also function as tunnels (original tunnels are removed due to serving almost exactly the same function). Basically these outposts are deployable mini halls from TTH, and you can't spawn or warp to them when they are being contested. Spawning on ballistas is also removed so it can specialize in its own role without being way too easy to defend. These new outposts are MUCH easier to set up anyway. In addition to gold mining, I'll be coming up with a way for your team to earn additional gold through attrition so that forward spawns are more common.
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    [​IMG]
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    bru-jaz, Chukka, J-man2003 and 3 others like this.
  8. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The grandeur that is a boat sailing on land.

EhRa, Obione5256 and Fernegulus like this.
  9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

wtf verra why wasnt i there

PUNK123 likes this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

>Me going to this thread to post the video
    >Verra posts my video

Anyway here's a whole match (spoiler: we try to move the boat once again)

EhRa likes this.
  11. Chrispin

KAG Reborn update

Introducing the amazing new siege vehicle: the light ballista. Featuring a long vertical range and good penetration, there is plenty that sets this vehicle apart from its heavier variant. The first thing you'll notice is the lower gun depression (ranging from 0 to 30 degrees from the horizon). Able to fire winged bolts that can glide for long distances, its intended use will be to damage well-defended and high-elevation targets (for example, siege towers).
    \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
    [​IMG]
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Regular ballistas, or "heavy ballistas" as they are now called, now shoot exclusively bomb bolts. As a way to prevent heavy ballistas from dominating the map at high altitude, the bomb bolts now explode on a timer (as seen below). The timer length is not final, but it shows what I'm trying to do, which is make siege equipment usable only at eye level with the enemy.
    [​IMG]

Finally, you'll never have to worry about useless knights and archers during build time again! No, I didn't disable the class, because then there would be no way to rush once build time is up. Instead, I just gave build materials to all players on the team, regardless of class or whether they are in the tent when the resupply timer is up. For builders, this means you can keep building and mining to your heart's content.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    Solaris, J-man2003, 8x and 9 others like this.
  12. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

13. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Only during build time? Also does it give resupplies without the need of a shop or tent?

14. Chrispin

Thanks! I really like the artwork on that outpost. The only thing is that I've not only made my outpost stationary, it is also combined with the tunnel. I think the modified tunnel look might better fit its deployable shop-like nature. As crazy as it sounds, I'll probably let you use the tent as a warp tunnel too, because it would be super redundant to build an outpost near your tent just for the tunnel entrance.

Yes, it gives supplies without the need of a shop or tent, ONLY during build time. I also made resupplies add to your inventory instead of replacing what you already have (I honestly don't know why the devs made that design decision). So if your inventory is completely full, mats will just spawn under you. After build time is up, knights and archers also get supplied with 100 wood and 30 stone when they touch a spawn point.

15. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

All of this should be added to vanilla KAG

pls nerf water arrows

I'm working on getting a botkiller weapon in TF2 and trying to improve my cello skills.

...yeah I have a boring life

Also planning on making more KAG maps.

16. Verrazano

hey I'm in that first gif!!! I was at the top of scoreboard for a while :D

@Aphelion
    On another note I think something that was pretty lack luster was the building. I think it'd be better to not have building, maps with prebuilt stuff would be more fun, just getting straight into the action. Another good idea I think would be to enlarge the shield/health/power bars for your own player i.e) display them on the bottom row stationary without as many numbers, so that it is more readable.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  17. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Moving the gifs to this post as I'd rather not have them on the bottom of the thread. From yesterday's testing of Future Wars:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't intend to remove building, but we'll see if that becomes necessary. Though alterations will be made for it to suit the game mode better. Other than that, larger stat meters are going to be added to the HUD this week.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  18. Verrazano

I like it.

19. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

One word is needed to describe what I am currently trying to resemble when making this with a group of five or so:
    KARPS.

MadRaccoon likes this.
  20. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

That name is already taken, get a new word.

king-george likes this.