1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you feel about the new mine update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vamist, Nov 2, 2015.

?

Do you feel the mine update is good

1. I love it

12 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. Yes, its good

14 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. Its okay..

23 vote(s)
    29.1%
  4. Its bad

7 vote(s)
    8.9%
  5. I hate it

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  6. Remove it now

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Like so, I love it, But i think the price should be increased, due to the fact people spam them now in ctf and tdm.

Please post how you feel about them below.

2. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

I personally liked them before. I hate how people spam them everywhere now and it's like walking through a mine-field (literally).
    Sometimes when I play knight, I can't even perceive my surroundings because all the mines interfere with my concentration.
    Maybe I'm just bad but you also can't shield them now as knight any more to stop the impact which makes it more frustrating
    and it can single handedly block off a part of the map until it gets destroyed (slowly, that is) or someone dies.
    I believe they didn't need a change.

kittycity likes this.
  3. The_Owl_King

The_Owl_King Arsonist Official Server Admin

It's okay, I guess. I don't think the change really had to be made. I also think if they do intend on keeping the mines with these new changes, Then they should definitely bring up the price to try and stop players from abusing the mines. Because as they stand at the moment, their kind of op.

4. veronartdoob

veronartdoob Haxor

I like the idea, but I think wormy is right, the mine should cost more or have less damage range, however it takes time to adjust to new changes

5. Obione5256

Obione5256 Bison Rider

The only problem I have with them right now is that now it takes 2 hits for a builder to kill a mine, and the first hit sends the mine flying. @kittycity managed to get a quadruple team kill in a captains match because of this.

Coroz, makmoud98, Verrazano and 3 others like this.
  6. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Picking up enemy mines and double hit (and they moved) is how mines always used to be quite a few builds ago. I frankly didn't understand why they were made not to be pick-up-able and turned 1-hit-able.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    PUNK123 likes this.
  7. RampageX

RampageX Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Mines are alright as of now. The only problem I have with it right now is its annoying in knight fights. Trying to kill a knight when you have 5 mines in every direction you turn is pretty annoying. I do like the fact you can pick up the mines before they deploy, it would be horrible if that was implemented...

8. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

I will definitely regret saying this but why not have a cumulative cost scale for numbers of items in play for your team. If the processing power permits and if it's easily handled it would solve a couple of issues in regards to item spam.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Mostly liking your post bc the potential for future regret, Fell; but the idea doesn't sound half bad either. Unsure whether, at face value, it'd be intuitive enough for the plebs; but I'm sure there's a convenient way around that. ::):

Chrispin likes this.
  10. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

People would figure it out.

11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Make them decay when they're not in water? That might help. They look like water mines anyway

Darknighte9 and PUNK123 like this.
  12. PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank Base Burner

I'd rather have a mine like that be added as an alternative and not as a replacement to the current mine. Most items decay in water anyway (even drills), so the last place you expect to be blown up is in the water.

I'm not sure how it would work, though. Is there even a way to make a blob immune to water without making it invulnerable or stationary?

13. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's harder to make items decay in water than to not lmao. When you want an item to decay in water add DecayInWater.as; to the item, to make it not decay... do nothing...

14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

1. Revert dying when shielding against and picking up of enemy team mines.
    2. Decrease cost of mines to 30 coins.
    3. Your game is no longer shit.

15. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Just make a timer for hole team on dying for each of workshops: for example, 1 mine each 15 seconds for the hole team should prevent the shitspam much better then other *Community is anger, 5 coins of price will be added and 0.5 blocks of range deleted*

16. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

I dont think you should be able to limit how many items a team can buy I think itd just make the game more slowpaced and kinda boring. If you want to have a limit of what you can buy just go to TTH.

I also dont think the one who detonates the mine should be the only one who dies I mean by that if your standing a bit behind with your shield up and someone detonates it you live but if your shields down you die. Because If you could only get 1 kill with the mine theres no more mega team clearing mine drops :QQ:(which are a fun part of the game imo) :QQ::QQ:

makmoud98 and blackjoker77777 like this.
  17. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

This thread has some pretty good thoughts, I appreciate the effort to actually put in thought into how they should be improved rather than "everything's shit, revert, I have no real input."

18. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

<3 <3

19. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

"Old mines were shit. New mines are great. I have no real input"

Can be put both ways, the old mines were so so so much better and the new mines are complete shit.

20. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

It happens that the shizz' is rad' AF. Pre-update version isn't even an option? Take a look at the frickin' stats, man. Everyone's bad-mouthing you in-game. Get a grip.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.