1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Class balance discussion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by franek123, Jan 3, 2016.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes for increasing sniper shots delay

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. No for increasing sniper shots delay

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Yes for changing the way commando's dash works

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  4. No for changing the way commando's dash works

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Discuss here about class balance!
    I know that devs are planning on changing some of these classes anyway but for now that's how i see classes balance:

Sniper - Have most dps can rek whole enemy team in run in few seconds if he lines up well. Since his delay between shots is so short you dont get get punished much for missed shots, therefore best tactic when playing sniper is wait for lineup and then flood your enemy with jump shots/quickscopes till you hit the target. Thats why i think his delay should be slightly increased by something about 1 second. It would make sniper little harder but founding good angles and using them would matter anything and well used quickscopes would be more satisfying.

Assault - Thats my favorite class because of number of possibilities that nades and rapid fire combo gives. Decent in both gamemodes. Good balance nothing to change. But dont trust me on this one because I'm a fanboy of assault.

Commando - This is strange one for me. From on one side thats run and spam jabs on the other hand it's about timing dash atack well, mind games and tricking your opponent with flashes. However the less spammy side of commando is underpowered. In my opinion charged atack shouldn't not only left and right but the direction your character is going. It would add extra depth make commando much more mobile IF you know how to use it properly.

Engineer - I can't say too much about this class since I don't play it really much. But throwing crates mechanic seems really chaotic. Engineer will probably be changed drastically so I won't talk about it for now.

EhRa and J-man2003 like this.
  2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Sounds good

I think the engineer right now is losely fitting the role of "terrain change/physical support". With the fact that he can overcome physical obstacles with the missiles that can turn, at the fact that he can spawn crates. Though as of now I find the rocket a little OP, maybe it's just me. And as for the crates they are very underpowered... maybe instead the engineer could make a barricade that takes up multiple tiles with the click of a button? and the barricade has high health that snipers can't destroy in one hit?

As for the sniper, the sniper's secondary ability is useless on a competitive level. Theoretically someone could memorize the tile placement of all the maps to tell when there's a hiding sniper, not only that but it's pretty useless to begin with. I think it should be replaced with some sort of defense mechanism, maybe a Molotov cocktail or a gas mine... something that would create a sort of barrier that does damage, since the sniper in of itself fills the role of defense the best to begin with.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I miss the ability for commando to go climb overhangs. It seems that their isn't enough mobility for him atm. Sometimes unjust want to jump over a building and attack from behind ;;

J-man2003 likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

(We're reading)

The commando over ledges thing is more an issue of map design than class design - not getting over overhangs makes it very easy for a map author to "ban" getting on a roof without teamwork, but i agree it can be frustrating as a commando :)

J-man2003 and EhRa like this.
  5. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

I feel their should atleast be someway to get over 1 block ledges (eg using the blink/dash thingy).

J-man2003 likes this.
  6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I think the commando's dash thingy should go the direction of what arrow keys you're holding down, ex. If you're holding up you'll dash upward (this includes diagonal directions)

EhRa likes this.
  7. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Yeah that's how it's probably going to look soon :)

EhRa and J-man2003 like this.
  8. EvoGameR

EvoGameR Catapult Fodder

Im making this discussion so we can talk about what kinds of classes should be in the game and balancing to the ones existing. Ill start the topic off, would a civilian type class be good? Only in Run mode and they only have a pistol. They will be kinda like a grunt and you get 2 coins for winning instead?

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Heads up: no classes are planned to be added or removed at this stage. The 5v5 format is something we're happy with.

Sorry to burst the bubble, but it'll be viable with mods of course.

EhRa and WanderMark like this.
  10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Merged the threads, no need for another class balance thread.

Feel free to make a separate thread for new class ideas which could be modded in. (@EvoGameR)

bru-jaz likes this.
Mods: 101i, Mazey