1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Why are there no TDM CWs?

Discussion in 'Competitive KAG' started by an_obamanation, Feb 27, 2016.

1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

a good knight or good archer has just as much impact on a game as a good builder, Builders can't do anything if they don't have a proper team to back them up.

2. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I definitely wouldn't say that the other classes influence the match as much as a builder, at least from what I'VE seen. Keep in mind I've probably played 40 maybe 50 CTF matches in 750 hours of KAG and almost every time it's been the builder blocking themselves in that wins the whole match. The only time this is not apparent is when a team only has a one block thick wall around their flag which is showing that THEIR builder was poop, resulting in the loss. I understand it's the goal of your knights and stuff to get the builder to the flag but once they're already snuggled in it's just a matter of keeping your enemy locked in their spawn so they can't just go builder and break the enemy's builder out.

Again, it's hard for me to validly critique CTF as I've only played a small amount of it in comparison to TDM but all I see from it is either 5 minute matches or stalemates because builder rushing is the most important thing. At the end of the day it really doesn't appeal to me and it saddens me that there is no alternative thing.

3. LEGO_LORD

LEGO_LORD Bison Rider

I agree! TTH should get more attention it's an awesome gamemode its just no one has tried to make a "trend" out of it or even start a match. Over the last few days the people in [PAU] have been playing TTH and the server was nearly full because other people have realized people actually play the gamemode and joined! Does this prove that TTH is somewhat popular? (I've always wanted a TTH CW server)

4. an_obamanation

Make a thread about it like I did! =D Also, I believe the reason TTH is not a popular thing is because it goes on for WAY too long at points. Even when a team clearly has the upper hand it still takes around ten minutes (Depending on the map) as well as the lack of people playing it at any given time. GO FULL HAM ON IT! >=]

5. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

TTH will never be an acceptable game mode for actual competitive play due to the fact that you can spam however many workshops you want of whatever kind, and idk about you but limitless water spam sounds pretty awful to me.

6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

The entire reason a builder is able to move forward is because their combat class teammates are winning fights. If you have more knight power but a weaker builder, you have a pretty good chance of a win. If you have weaker knight power but a great builder, it's a lot harder to win. Obviously this is a simplification, and the builder is important but it is far from the only influence. And as for having a shitty base, every member of a team contributes to that base in build time, so it's not necessarily the full-time builder's fault there.

7. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

A Sudden change of heart :D

8. an_obamanation

I still dislike TTH, but I support those who are passionate about it to try and defend it and come up with an idea to make something great. =l

9. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

Beautiful, wheres the 'like' button?!?!

10. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

Non-existent :rekt:

11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I wish there were TTH CWs

TDM CWs would leave out a lot of important game mechanics; TDM IMO is just practice.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 1, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 1, 2016 ---
    Lets be real: not everyone contributes to it

I've been in CWs where one teammate or enemy wasn't a builder during build time.

Of course the fact that I'm a dirty casual probably has something to do with it.