1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Battlefield ZFB_200408

zombie fortress battlefield

1. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

About the crates, well its a bit hard to have the ship spawn inside the room in the base or underground haha. Yeah I also played a bit and I had problem with the economic tab with the trader I am going to rescale this now, if you see any other please name them.
    About the signs, I guess you are right, because the crate hides the bottom of the factory which displays what it produces. You got confused that there was gold at the gold factory? xD You get used to when you know that it spawns a crate.
    Although I will either put signs at the top of the factories or I will skin the crates just like the catapult has a small picture on its crate.So it is easier to differentiate what is what. I think its better to skin the crates because some people build factories one on top of each other and you have multiple crates next to each other.
    About the sub-type building, what system do you have in mind? Do you say having only 1 workshop but with 6 horizontal menues just like in the trader?

2. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

@Tsilliev: Adding a sprite on the crates will still make it hard to see what the building produces though.. maybe both? :o)

I'm not sure about the menus, but, particularly for the military buildings, you have to select an awful lot of times. The paged menu system used for mechanisms might be a way to go.

3. stabborazz

stabborazz Haxor Staff Alumni

I can make some GUI sprites to clear some confusion. And maybe resprite the nursery and other bigger workshops into the current sized workshop.

Vermilicious likes this.
  4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I am almost done with the crates, stab if you can paint it better here is the file. About the factories well the signs are actually done, I just need to add the code so they appear. Yes stab maybe you can resize to the normal workshop size for the nurseries but is also goes for the shark and bison .
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 4, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]
    Sneak peek hehe, made labels for the resources factories, although how cant you see the others? You can easily see the labels and understand what it is. About the question marks its the bison and shark, will edit them now.

Attached Files:

AmestriStephen likes this.
  5. Vermilicious

That was quick. Surely looks like you're on the right track to me.

6. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Bison really turned out nice, it was so pixelated and blurry in the file but it turned out nice although it looks kind of 3D and like a head is attached to the box not an image lol maybe will resize it a bit down, also a small error with the shark but maybe leave it like that? haha My first time seeing this glitch with the glider factory will fix it now, also maybe i will rework the resized glider on the crate a bit.
    [​IMG]
    About the menu, well it is totally different from the builders blocks menu because the workshop uses a shopping menu while builder an array of blocks and it gets too complicated for me. ::D:
    So i will just put the bombs,bazooka,machine guns factory into the Land tab, and to make it better will add a "back" button at the bottom for all tabs.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 4, 2016 ---
    Alright i just found out after 30 min of searching how to actually open the tabs when they are created without having to press E.

7. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Tsilliev updated Zombie Fortress Battlefield with a new update entry:

ZFB v2.3b

Read the rest of this update entry...
    @Beo My dedicated servers's plan will run out at 19th March. Do you think you will keep hosting CTP/ZFB, so I dont have to renew?. ::D:

Beo likes this.
  8. Beo

Beo Bison Rider Tester

I'm not going anywhere... :rollseyes:

stabborazz likes this.
  9. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Nice,

10. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

11. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

12. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

This is a really fun mod (CTF & Zombie,) probably the best mod I have played so far. One addition that I could think could be fun for the Zombie version of this mod would be automated turrets, like the one's in the bunnyfection mod.

Keep up the good work.

13. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Good idea! I hope the bunnyfection mod is open source, otherwise i wont be reinventing the wheel lol
    Other people may remember that I actually tried doing this before by actually having an archer garrison that spawns a bunch of archers and spams arrows it was really buggy and the archers shot the arrows like machinegun

JackMcDaniels likes this.
  14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

All mods should be open sourced.

AmestriStephen likes this.
  15. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I agree, if they are release in the public section for everyone to download and use i guess in a sense they are open source usable by the community as long as we give credit of course.

16. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Tsilliev updated Zombie Fortress Battlefield with a new update entry:

ZFB v0.24 Tech Patch

Read the rest of this update entry...

JackMcDaniels likes this.
  17. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

halp. my game when playing sandbox is, well being like zombie fortress
    plz help
    ps also t resets in a couple seconds of playing ]:

18. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

Maybe resets because it says Zombie Portals 0, can you confirm.
    To install the mod you:
    1.Extracted the mod folder in KAG/Mods.
    2.In KAG/Mods.cfg you wrote the name of the mod folder.
    3.In KAG/autoconfig.cfg at sv_gamemode XXX you wrote the sv_gamemode MODNAME.
    3.5 Start dedicatedserver.exe (forgot to mention lol)
    4. Join from Multiplayer-Connect to - 127.0.0.1:50301

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  19. Vermilicious

Is there a solution to the 0 portals problem yet? I've seen this happen quite many times now on Beo's server. The problem starts with a script error with the portals (red circle). Then, when the map restarts, the counter starts at 0. I assume the host has to manually restart the server for the problem to go away, because the problem usually persist for a day or two. Would be nice to see this fixed. To be fair though, some of the scripts related to the "old" zombie mod isn't exactly good. Perhaps someone a little more experienced can help out figuring out exactly what causes the script to fail.

20. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor