1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1792 - Steam Achievements, Fixes and Resolution Changes

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 14, 2016.

?

How Excited are you for Achievements?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2016.
  1. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE HOW EXCITED!

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  2. I WILL COLLECT THEM ALL!

22 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. I AM MUCH MORE INTERESTED IN THE COLOURFUL FLOWERS!

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Some achievements seem to still not work properly. I have already capped a few flags, yet I'm still on 0 in achievements. I've also been fired from a catapult, yet remain on 0 there also. Most seem to work fine, though. :)

norill likes this.
  2. http://update.kag2d.com/1/mac32-client-test/KAG.app/Contents/MacOS/test_changelog.html

crap, i thought i fixed capping :(
    i'll investigate it asap.

3. toothgrinderx

toothgrinderx Ballista Bolt Thrower Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin

Anyone else feel slow after this update? Or that the hit boxes are wonky(er)?

Maybe it's because I'm used to wide screen previously so since everything's not so fat I perceive it as slower.

4. bespers

bespers Catapult Fodder

Disclaimer: Im really bad at using the forums. So my styling and formatting will be godawful.

So would I go about getting the full changelog for every update (if you guys even wanted this to be a thing). I just like to read the stuff. (Yes some stuff like the super secret achievements I understand, but i want to see the code thats changed, even if its a minor change in the mechanics of the game that you think will go unnoticed).

KAG used to work on 1080p for me. The second monitor never does anything with kag, i just use that for web stuff and it has always worked fine. Id always launch the game in windowed 1920x1080 and then use a windowed borderless program to just chop the borders off the game and make it look nice and pretty. It always looked and worked wonderfully for me, so I was surprised when I read that you fixed some sort of rendering issue. Is there any way I can get rid of the spacers around the game (that you said was to fix the rendering)? I really do not want to play the game in fullscreen mode because my laptop is an idiot when handling dual monitor full screen games (happens in all games, not just KAG). [btw, game still bugs out even if im not using dual monitors. so thats not the issue. and the program I use only crops the borders and centers it, so that shouldnt be causing issues either. All I want is a 1920x1080p windowed mode.]

<3 love you too geti. Lets just say that some other peoples and I are not a fan of some of the recent updates ;). I know you don't play a ton (unless you are hiding in an alt), but if you played with me youd know I usually only mean about 1% of the things I say. Ima troll :P

edit: is this whats causing my issues? "updated: engine with resolution finding changes in it (banning too-big windows for the time being)"

edit2:
    Will the changes always be here? Or need I ask for a link every time :/

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Moot point given that obviously it was tested, and the problem they had was that norill forgot to take them out of testing mode.

Anyway, I wanted to ask @Geti or @Verrazano if you guys know what happened to the chat emote. It hasn't been in game for at least 3 builds, and I don't understand why.

Bint likes this.
  6. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

I believe it's due to this.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes, that's what's causing your issues.
    If we could offer fullcreen-windowed mode with the rendering lib we're using, we would :( It's so old and crappy that it's from before that was a popular choice, and still uses "hardware" fullscreen mode. We can't move away from it though because so much of the game code relies on it.
    I could drop the spacers and just dump something in the console about the window being resized causing issues but I feel that most people wouldn't notice something like that... It might be a better solution than resizing it though, if people try and push KAG through programs like that border-removing program you're using. A config option would be viable but again, likely to be missed :)

The changelog will always be at that link, but the link really isn't meant to be public-facing.

----------------------------------------------

No good reason, afaik. Figuring out where it's gone just keeps falling off the priority list.

Re: mods not loading from localhost - we'll be checking the cause of this out soon, but we do have a lot of other work to do :/

8. Bint

Bint Haxor

I just activated my steam key but when I try to link to my steam account it crashes, is that a merged account bug or a mac thing?

9. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Crashes? That's weird. On Mac for sure there is issue with parental controls. They have to be disabled system wide on your user account.

10. Bint

Bint Haxor

I can join if I play offline first and then go back out and log in when it prompts me when I click multiplayer.

11. KArth

KArth Ballista Bolt Thrower

I didn't even complete the level when I the 'thing' (when you complete the thing the words come up:"And so the evil sedgewick lies...etc.) started coming up, although the necromancer was still firing at me from the middle of the castle.

Also, during that level, the screen kept on flashing black. (probably not a graphics card problem because I could still see my emotes, and maybe my HUD)

Whether this is a cool bug that actually makes the game much cooler or on purpose, I would like to know.

Joiken likes this.
  12. bespers

bespers Catapult Fodder

tbh, I dont want KAG to have windowed full screen mode. the program i use works perfectly for me and many times even the games windowed bordless modes dont work right :P

If there was an option to disable spacers thatd actually be wonderful and id love you forever. That would fix it for me (as long as it still allows me to select my resolution). Wadda you mean by "likely to be missed". As in people wouldn't appreciate it/care about it?

edit: does this also mean I wont have access to said changelog later?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  13. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@bespers - more that people often wouldn't notice it :) I'll remove the spacers in a patch tomorrow, today is too busy to go through a release I'm afraid. I haven't had lunch at its 134 pm :(

@norill if you could check this out that'd be fab

Yagger likes this.
  14. Osmal

Osmal Bison Rider Donator
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

I thought the chat emote was removed on purpose. I mean it makes sense, especially sneakiness-wise. But if youre going to re-add it, IMO it should only show when typing in public chat.
    (or was it always like that?)

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  15. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

I've played enough to get 39% of achievements but haven't seen any new maps. Compelled to post this because just now on EU server CerberosRifta came up 3 times within probably an hour and half. It was CerberosRifta then another map then CerberosRifta, then 2 more different maps, then I go to store (less then 20 minutes) come back on server, its CerberosRifta again.

[​IMG]

RadioActive likes this.
  16. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Yeah we figured out - it seems the game cannot read maps from the Community folder or something. Hopefully the cause will be found soon

SirDangalang likes this.
  17. Furai

I've fixed the mapcycle issue earlier today.

bru-jaz, Noburu and SirDangalang like this.
  18. Bint

Bint Haxor

Here's the logs for the bug I mentioned, I guess this is the only useful bit of it though:
    [16:49:26] STEAM: Received steam ticket for account=113711930; Result 1
    [16:49:27] Making unique username for new THD account
    [16:49:27] Making unique username for new THD account

Attached Files:

19. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

If you mean everything should be working fine by now. The only official that has people, EU #3 server is rotating mostly between 3 maps, Snatchmark, HearthPlains, CerberosRift.

20. Furai

No, I meant that it will be in next patch which is likely to come by the end of the week.

L3fty likes this.