1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1796 - Fixes to Round out The Week.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Mar 18, 2016.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Sorry I haven't seen this before, Bunnie_TDM1 is way too noisy with the non dynamic lighting. I modified it a bit to be easier to the eye.

Bunnie_TDM1.png

Osmal and Noburu like this.
  2. Jprime

Jprime Shipwright

So uhm. There should be a TDM at night. I'd like to spectate that hell :rollseyes:

3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Hahaha You should've seen the mines some updates ago when the deploy time was something like 3 seconds!
    There've been many discussions about the mines in that update. But you should keep in mind that Geti himself stated he doenst want an offensive use for the mine. He want them to work more like a trap or something you put next to enemy doors to stop their advance.
    If you use the mines dropping them in the middle of a close combat battle, you are using them "wrong". Although maaany times that could work (and it's really funny when it does) maybe what are you really trying to say is that you want the insta-kill mines to come back -as with the old boulders i.e-.
    That's not gonna happen.
    And what's the point of that? Wich use would you give to it?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 22, 2016 ---
    Changing the subject.
    Is there any reason why the surrender option in official servers is bugged/disabled? (At least for me and many players ive asked it says "Cant start the vote before match starts")

SirDangalang likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: mines - considering the time has been shrunk a lot recently and they can deploy in any situation where they can stay still (other than when held/attached to something) I think they're fine. You can set them up on enemy doors to require a builder to "clear" them without the building taking damage, and putting them down in combat works fine as long as you aren't literally in the middle of fighting someone. The deploy time is only a second and a half.

Was actually about to do this myself, saved me the trouble thanks.

A lot of the new maps are awful imo :/ Definitely need a clean-up soon. Would love to see an active map-making community; we're happy to add them and replace some of the more stalemate-y camp-heavy maps, but people have been asking for variety for a while so I'm not really keen to just nuke em.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This was indeed a bug, fixed next build. Looks like it was tested by someone with a seclev enabled to skip vote waits.

SirDangalang, Noburu and bru-jaz like this.
  6. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Another thing to the list: Align the :up: emote at 12 o'clock, instead of the :thumbs_up:. It's a nonsense. All the directions are aligned correctly, why that doesn't? Maaany times i wanted to quickly say "Above!!!" and instead i was saying "everything it's ok" .--

Some odd bug (?)
    When playing around with the emote menu in the moment a new match ends and the new one starts, this happened to me:
    20160323024152_1.jpg
    Quitting the server didnt fix the problem. Actually, even in the main title the screen kept that way. Probably it was just a one time thing.
    --edit: (i didn't tried to sound demanding)--

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    PinXviiN, Bint, Lava and 1 other person like this.
  7. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Happens quite a lot in TDM when you are spamming emotes at the end of the match. Kinda annoying.

bru-jaz likes this.
  8. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

That used to happen to me...

9. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Oh, then it isnt that odd. But i must admit it didn't happened to me again, even when ive tried a few times to induce it.--

Another thing for a future update:
    Remember that dark age when teamate builders destroyed every mine you held and how that got fixed -hopefully-?
    Could you do the same with blocks being held such as doors or ladders? I mean, what is the point of placing an already broken door (but paying full price for it) only because you were near a teamate mining some stone, i.e? It was a planned thing?
    Could that be removed? Thanks in advance.

10. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I don't know about other's opinion but I've got this problem with mines: everytime I drop one at a crucial spot or it pops out and activates itself after I died, somebody of my team comes and grabs it. I would like the mines to be not grabbable by team mates when deployed; it's really annoying :/

11. I see where you are coming from but I think the way it is works with the team dynamic KAG is based on. Mines are a defensive team item, that is the risk you take when you buy one and I think you can do just as much damage with a well placed bomb arrow instead as an alternative.

bru-jaz likes this.
  12. Lava

or if they take it and place it then someone steps on the original owner gets the kill(s)

SirDangalang, Blue_Tiger and Osmal like this.
  13. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

When that happens i just warn the player doing that to buy his own stuff and to stop grabing my shit. If the guy keeps stealing my stuff and there's an admin, i ask his intervention. If there is not, I just vote him. Sometimes the guy apologizes before that point, sometimes he doesn't and he get kicked, and sometimes i get the payback for the vote and I get kicked ...
    Just think that the same thing could happen with ballista, droped weapons as bomb arrows, etc. The deal is how many jerks are on your team. Fortunately, it doenst happen quite often to me.
    Also i don't quite agree that the post-mortem mine grabing is an issue. If you droped your mine because you get killed... for me it's ok for a teamate to utilize the mine. But the thing changes when you placed the mine and then you get killed.

8x likes this.
  14. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

There isn't a good solution to bad decisions your teammates make unfortunately, and in this case I think it's best to just keep item pickup as consistent as possible.

That's how it's currently scripted to work.

15. Lava

But it doesn't work though...

ShnitzelKiller and bru-jaz like this.
  16. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

while we're on the topic of emotes, please replace some of the completely cryptic ones (like the campfire) or the redundant ones (two crying emotes) with the essentials from classic. I want to be able to say 'Yes' or 'No' with a checkmark and an X (thumbs up and thumbs down has too many interpretations), and the gold emote would be as useful as ever in my opinion, since ballista + bomb bolt tech is literally required to win.

Also, as said above, mines change ownership the moment a teammate picks them up.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    Noburu and bru-jaz like this.
  17. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

YES! i said that like two years ago! and nobody listened. Indeed, there're many emotes that are practically the same thing : :>:(: :rektlord: / :rekt:::):::D: / :QQ:::(:
    But i would replace the :build: instead of the :camping: , because the campfire could mean to burn something.

18. 8x

bru-jaz and Bint like this.
  19. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Yeah... It's happened to me many times.

20. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

So yea, this is all the error reporter does. It also stays open after you exit KAG, so that steam doesn't let you start it again without finding it in the taskbar and manually exiting. Very annoying and completely useless.

fuck.PNG