1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

In response to your response to my review: I don't think abomination is really that tanky to be honest, it has nothing on the BossZombieKnight from ZBF24 and the hitbox from its attack seems really small as well. Perhaps if it also had a long range attacks it would scarier, as of right now you can just poke it with dragoon through a 2 block door and it'll die pretty quickly.

Unrelated but I have noticed that when people die and get swapped to Zombie team they quit out and re-enter so they can be human again.

EDIT: Doors are almost impossible to enter when placed incorrectly, for example sideways facing doors stacked vertically, think this is fixed in the base game but not in the mod so not sure whats up with that but can mean life or death when facing zombs.

Good work anyway, keep it up :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  2. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

The room isn't indestructible, but it's meant to be that way. Yeah, nothing prevents humans from going down and messing with the spawn, but the statue itself is placed over thickstone so it can't be buried or stuff. If many undead spawn at the same time they can break whatever trap humans placed anyway.
    Also, I'll think about collisions. I mean, it feels "unfair" just letting undead players go throught zombies, even zombies collide between themselves (plus you can use them as stairs :^) ).

Ugh, I'll check the Abomination's range. On early builds zombies range was a pain because it was really long, but now I have to remember what I've changed in order to give the boss a longer range.
    About the doors, there's not much I can do about bad placed doors (teach new players to place them properly :y). I believe the issue might be caused because of the "radius" of the opener blob, I had to modify it to make chicken builders be able to use doors.

3. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

One more thing to report, you can see player names when you mouse over them which gives away the positions of Zombs/Humans, pretty annoying when you're trying to be stealthy.

4. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Isn't that something that also happens on vanilla game modes? I don't know if it can be easily disabled, but I kinda like it the way it is right now :y

5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman updated Zombie Fortress Plus with a new update entry:

hotfixes and arms

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Love this mod. The introduction of player zombies is great, particularly because it makes it so that staying underground isn't always the best solution. And I love all the other classes and introduction of extra fruit to the game. But I can think of a load of issues (who doesn't c;)
    I'm just going to voice them to you, I also have ideas for solutions, but I'll keep them to myself unless u want them.
    1. Zombunnies are useless, they are effectively a small agile builder with minor hp regen, but he can't build or fight.
    2. Bosses aren't really very hard to beat, because of similar reasons to what happened with starbounds bosses. Because they can really easily be trapped.
    3. Trying to teleport whilst being stunned doesn't work, yet it still resets cooldown?
    4. Crossbowknight has perma-stun
    5. Gargoyles are also under-powered, they're just like normal gregs, except they might have a more intelligent timing, and 1 more heart, considering the strength of other zombie players...
    6. The crossbow knight's shield is un-stunnable from slashes? It seems okay...
    7. Wizard really struggles to destroy corpses, as it doesn't come into contact

Birbs, burds :D. Also, I've been talking with vamist & SDJ about your maps. I'm certian that ur cave system is generated using an auto-generator thingy, I've checked the files and found 2 generator things. And when I looked at some of your maps, I could see several of the parts of the underground repeated. So to settle it once and for all, do you use a generator for your underground maps?

Frikman likes this.
  7. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

shh, leave muh crossbow alone

8. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Frikman, would it be possible to implement a system where instead of the zombies getting to amounts that result in un-playable lag,
    the zombies just have more health and get harder over time
    (I mean there would of course be a load o' zombies, but less)
    ~just a suggestion, don't do it if you don't want to,
    <3 ur mod

9. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Not important to the mod at all, but I was wondering why Zombies that are spawned in (like !zombie) and are seemingly on blue/human team don't attack or get attacked by other Zombies but attack blue structures?

Not sure how difficult that would be to fix, but it isn't important to the mod so i'll leave you to the decide if its worth whatever amount of time it takes to correct. :skull:

10. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Change team, When you spawn a blob in kag, it would commonly spawn as the same team you are. So spawning a necro as blue will mean its a blue necro, So to have a zombie that would attack, you would need to change to "!team -1" if you want them to fight

11. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

wew. I'll go in order:
    1. Zombunnies are meant to be sneaky. It's true their melee abilities aren't that good, but being so smol lets them be able to run pretty easily.
    2. That's an issue with the AI. I guess I could make them be able to climb and stuff, but there will always be ways of cheesing them. I was thinking of making a flying boss eventually, but the sprite's an issue since I suck at it :y
    3. I'll see if it can be fixed. It's not a gamebreaking deal tho
    4. Guess I'll have to make the shoot cooldown longer then, It's been like that before the zombie player days.
    5. Will buff their health, but I can't do much to make them better :^/
    6. It's shield works with a different logic from the knight's shield, and that's a problem since I don't know how to fix it :^/
    7. You can destroy corpses with RMB and morph them into animals (I'll change his skill eventually so that it works like the necromancer's, spawning elementals and stuff. Gonna need dem sprites).

About the maps, they're all generated on KAG Classic and then fixed manually, so yeah they'll look pretty similar.

I tested the game with less zombies and it sucks :y
    It gets too easy, and sadly I can't fix the engine getting laggy with large ammounts of blobs.

Zombies have a hardcoded AI that makes them target and attack certain things, regardless of teams. If you want to be able to attack them use "!crate [zombienamewithoutbrakets]", or like @Vamist said set your team to -1 (neutral) and then spawn them.

12. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

I remember, how George used sometimes the "mass command" You could destroy every block by just simply touching it. Maybe add it to gargoyles ? If its possible ofc.

13. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

Have you thought about adding ways to purchase class scrolls? Like a scroll shop? At the moment players will literally fight over the tombstones down below just to get burd or assassin, the annoying part is that theres no way for them to go back to being that class if they're needed to swap to builder to help with building or repairing. There was one round where we broke 6 tombstones and only got 1 dragoon scroll, 4 of those tombstones literally spawned nothing.

14. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Are you nuts lad? Gargoyles breaking blocks by simply touching them sounds broken as fug. I'll raise their HP a little and make them a bit faster (I'll also think about giving them a simple melee attack, idk).

I've adressed this before heh. On old builds of the mod class scrolls were buyable, but that only meant people would build 3x3 stone towers, break them, and then build them again to farm money and become special classes as soon as they could. That's why I changed it, it was worse that way.

About people not being able to switch back, you shouldn't use a class scroll unless defenses are already built. I've realized that this is why undead always win, rather than playing this mod as a survival mode, people like to play it as a custom class simulator and it saddens me 8(

asger75 likes this.
  15. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

Autism slabs still happen, like everyday, people dont normally play for the npc zombies, but mostly to just build up and then fight the player zombie faction, I've seen people vote next map in the middle of a game because not enough class scrolls dropped or because it's too boring because the playable zombies have absolutely no influence on the game until after day 6. If anything the zombie horde is just a mundane threat that people brush aside by building traps before descending into the depths to fight player zombies or hunt class scrolls, however due to the class scrolls sometimes being a rarity, it leads to players fighting over them.

In one instance a player rushed into the caves, understandably, but he then deliberately flooded his entrance and then used ALL his stone and wood to block it off with blocks, he used a dragoon scroll, a wizard scroll and then finally he found a burd scroll and stuck with burd, when he died he tried to vote next map. This isnt rare, this happens quite a lot and its caused by the intense greed people have for the custom classes, specifically burd as its the most unique out of them all.

In my opinion from what I've experienced and observed instead of keeping the classes hard to come by you should make them somewhat easy to access by either a shop or some other guaranteed way of getting the class you want, maybe if normal zombies had a chance of dropping fragments which you could then cash in to get the scroll you want? Atleast that way it turns the betraying greed into players actually helping and working together to fight the horde. Say a player has his class, he can then store his spare fragments inside a storage for other players to use.

Honestly it's the same with the scrolls of undeath, however they are very rarely a problem because you actually need zombie players to make the game more fun and interesting. I'm less inclined to give a shit about a burd that's just made its own autism fort deep underground over a zombie player that is actively fighting survivors and doing stuff to screw them over. I could go on about the "Friendly Zombies", but most the time its just new players that want to try out the zombie stuff or are afraid of getting dogpiled by survivors.

Frikman likes this.
  16. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I kinda like the idea of "fragments" and it shouldn't be hard to do. My only problem is that it takes away the randomness of books now, since it would be quite easy for everyone to just pick dragoon and go into the sky where the only threats are wraiths (which you can just block using your shield).
    I mean, maybe I could make the traer give you a random book when you have enough "fragments", but that's as far as I'm willing to go. Either way it'll make grave digging pointless for humans :^/

17. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Maybe have it so graves only drop undead books? So they're more of a threat and humans might want to dig down, steal the books, and then defend them?
    I think there are better ways to handle this, but right now i have so many things to floating in my mind, i can't think of anything.

18. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

We did it reddit
    [​IMG]
    White Pages drop from zombies, and you use them to make random books at the trader. The tougher the zombie, the higher the chance. They'll merge togheter on the update so that this kind of shit doesn't happen heher

19. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Okay~
    But in starbound the bosses used to just break blocks, they sucked that way because even then you could literally just dig a deep hole and (you could dig really fast) spam whatever weapon u got on u at the time, last time i fought a dragon boss, i'd dropped my strong weapons somewhere, and I ended up spamming a weapon from like, the first planet in order to kill them. They fixed it by making it so that there were rooms that could not be broken up when fighting bosses. Terraria fixed it by making them fly & go through blobs, or (king slime) by making them teleport. I'd have done something along the lines of making them summon smaller things (king slime also~)

20. TheBloodOfNight

TheBloodOfNight Base Burner

Since they are so weak, i would just simply make them op, and super rare. It would be very good i think, like some zombie boss ? :p