1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Zombie Fortress Plus 1.6.7f

When the zombie man throws in a little extra

1. Stealthkibbler

Stealthkibbler Shark Slayer

the problem with that is that afaik zombie bosses are the only way to obtain scrolls of undeath, which allow players to become zombies that play an integral role in causing more chaos for the survivors and basically messing with them, destroying their stuff and infecting more of them.

Each round only lasts like 15 days, things do get hectic after day 10 but for the first few days things are quite uneventful since you're just building and whatnot.

Frikman likes this.
  2. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

The AI code was not done by me, but by Aphelion. If I were capable of making bosses break blocks I'd do it, but it's a bit complicated for me.
    I think it's impossible to make super hard bosses with no way to cheesee them, hell, even Dark Souls bosses can be cheeseed and killed with a now if you're patient enough.
    As for bosses spawning lil critters, that wouldn't help with performance at all. I thought that maybe the Abomination could disband into some zombies and stuff, but that'd be only for flavor reasons. Making a flying boss will change things a little I guess.

3. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

Could u make 'em shoot bomb arrows?
    EDIT: 123 messages c;

4. Stealthkibbler

I dont know if this is intentional but it doesnt seem the wizard can use other orbs like the priest can, is this a bug? Because the wiz does feel rather underwhelming.

5. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

what the fug mang

Yup, he can't use other orbs. This because, unlike the priest or mystic, he has unlimited ammo. Ever since the polymorph change I've felt he's underwhelming too, but not because his skill is bad, but because making animals is not really that useful, even if you can take down armies with that skill.
    I'll make him summon elementals (like the necro can summon zombies), but I need to get some spriting done for it and I've been really busy with uni lately 8(

6. Olimarrex

What did I say...?

Biurza and Frikman like this.
  7. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Not sure if Tflippy would allow but perhaps you could seek permission to have the tank from the "territory control" mod added to ZBF+? the current tank is pretty underwhelming and I believe a single wraith can destroy it along with the player. We also need wider but perhaps more shallow maps to enable proper vehicle utilization, is there a pallete for caskets/portals etc?

Elemental summoning for Wizard does sound great, as long as they stick around for a long time, can be picked up etc and do good damage. Plus increase the attack range and attack speed/casting speed of orbs would be great if possible.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  8. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

It's a crazy idea that would be unbalanced as fuck. Survivors already have it hard with the current threats lad, I don't want bosses coming around and wiping the whole team in 5 secs using bomb arrows :^/
    I've been thinking about making bigger maps, or just expanding the ones we have already heher. There's a palette on the maps folder with the custom colors for graves, portals and stuff (it's lacking the undead statue color atm tho).

About using territory control tank, I haven't played the mod yet so I can't give you an opinion on that :y

Wizard does kind of shoot a bit slowly, but that's because I don't want him to be a stupidly superior version of the Priest. I guess I could make him shoot a bit faster, but it can potentially be really noxious for pvp. As for the elementals, I plan to make them work like necro's zombies: with a límited life spam. On older versions the necro could summon zombies with an endless life spam and that only caused lag on the long terms because people just stayed inside the base and spammed zombies to no end. They'll definetively be useful, but just for a while.

9. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

Are you planning on adding more Left4Dead style zombies(like boomers,spitters,jockeys ecc.)? i think they could make games a little more interesting

10. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

I like the idea of the summon being permanent without a time limit but if summons can be summoned without a unit limit then that will obviously create massive lag...

My suggestion is that the summon could be permanent until it or the player dies, so perhaps make them more of a pet type summon that is limited in number but permanent until player or itself dies, for example you could pick it up or summon it at the edge of the map where the Zombies spawn and let it defend against incoming mobs and you're only able to summon it again once it dies.

11. Stealthkibbler

summonable war bunny when

Frikman and JackMcDaniels like this.
  12. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

I'd like to add zombies who can shoot projectiles but I have no idea how to code something like that :DDDD

This sounds interesting, but I don't think it'd be really easy to code. If I ever manage to get it right I'll implement it.

You know, I dig this. I remember there were some sprites for Armored bunnies on some sprites pack or maybe a modified versión of BunnyFection so I'll look into it.

JackMcDaniels and Stealthkibbler like this.
  13. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Cobalt.png Scandium.png
    Some sprites I made when I was modifing Bunnyfections. I was going to implement armor but my 12 year old self wasn't skilled enough. go ahead and use them as you see fit.

Frikman likes this.
  14. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

OwO what's this?

JackMcDaniels likes this.
  15. Olimarrex

Moar issues!
    1. Birbs/burds & zombie builders cannot use drills
    2. I don't think this would be easy to fix, but builders can hit portals without getting close to where they can attack them (by blocking off the entrance and hitting the corner of the portal.) gold = portal, dirt = player.
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::dirt:
    :gold_bullion::gold_bullion::gold_bullion::gold_b::castle_wall:
    :gold_bullion::gold_bullion::gold_bullion::gold_bullion::castle_wall:
    3. Wraiths occasionally will scream often enough to perma-stun you.
    4. Burds/birbs can "wall jump" across a flat ceiling
    5. Gargoyles & gregs can perma-stuck you, like this, i think. (dirt block = greg & player)
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_bg::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_bg::dirt::castle_wall:

Biurza, Frikman and BarsukEughen555 like this.
  16. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

1. It's intentional, was changed on the last patch to be that way for balance reasons (undeads using drills is a big no no, and burds already have advantage due to their size).
    2. Yeah, I know targetting is a mes for all builder classes, but last time I tried to fix it I ended up fucking up a lot of things, so I just left it the way it is on vanilla game modes.
    3. Banshees are annoying, I know. They start screeching more often the more players are closer to them for some reason. It's not gamebreaking but I'll have a look into it.
    4. It's a known issue, product of it's smaller size, sliding time and gravity scale.
    5. It's been like that since day 1 haha. I like that gregs can be effectively nulify a player, and that you can also prevent this with spikes on corners :y

17. Olimarrex

Across a Ceiling ...? Wierd...
    Welp, that sounds like the worst counter ever... if u mean stone spikes it's still suicide, unless u have more health than them. And as much as I dislike being frozen by zombies, I guess I should mention a real counter, you can use drills & saws whilst held by a greg. (seriously, you want perma-stun? D:).
    Tsilliev half-fixed this in the zombie fortress mode, the portals would start spawning zombies when players were further away, so by the time they got there it was already filled with mobs that could fight.

Biurza likes this.
  18. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

To me it sounds worse having portals with a larger detection range. I actually made it shorter on old builds and it's been like that since then. Plus, I don't know if you've noticed, but portals have a limit of zombies they can spawn, so having a bigger detection range wouldn't make a big difference (except for lag heher).

About Gregs, I guess I could check their code and see if there's a workaround for the perma stun thing. I don't really mind that much about it, after all some times gregs do release you randomly.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 3, 2016 ---
    To me it sounds worse having portals with a larger detection range. I actually made it shorter on old builds and it's been like that since then. Plus, I don't know if you've noticed, but portals have a limit of zombies they can spawn, so having a bigger detection range wouldn't make a big difference (except for lag heher).

About Gregs, I guess I could check their code and see if there's a workaround for the perma stun thing. I don't really mind that much about it, after all some times gregs do release you randomly.

19. Olimarrex

Not in that situation that I showed you.

Biurza likes this.
  20. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Frikman updated Zombie Fortress Plus with a new update entry:

Pages and Elemental

Read the rest of this update entry...

Olimarrex and Stealthkibbler like this.