1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Small quality of life suggestions for Norill

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Eluded, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Since @norill is currently working on small improvements to KAG, I wanted to suggest some small improvements which I would like to see in the game.

1. When someone is firing you a catapult the catapult arm only animates on their client - not anyone elses, so you can't know what power they are firing with. Can this be changed so that it syncs to all clients?
    2. When getting out of a catapult/ballista it fires automatically but IMO you never actually want this to happen. It just tends to be a waste of ammo. Should the auto-fire be removed?
    3. Can the new killstreaks feature also be displayed on the scoreboard? Perhaps only show it if someone is on a streak greater than 3.
    4. Can we have hotkeys for changing bomb type/arrow type/builder block. Or hotkeys for buying items from shops? <- realized this is a resuggestion
    5. When multiple spawn points are available in CTF (for example the team has 2 ballistas), changing your spawn point can completely reset your spawn timer. I don't think there's a good reason for this, can the reset be removed?
    6. When hovering the mouse over an ally can we see what's in their inventory?
    7. One for modders: when issuing a rebuild command in the console only changes to scripts are reloaded, changes to .cfg files aren't. Is it possible within the engine to also reload changes to .cfg files? This prevents you having to completely shut down and restart the server when developing a mod.
    8. The pickup priority system for items works quite well but you don't always want to pick up the highest priority item. It might be nice, when multiple items are on the ground, if you pressed the pickup key to be given a menu similar to the shop interface menu which displayed all the items on the ground and allowed you to click the one you want to pick up. Something that's often annoying is when lots of trees get cut down during build time and all the logs on the ground prevent you from picking up the items you want to. The pickup menu could possibly be on a different key (shift-c for example).
    As a side note, some of us in the community have the modding skills to add QOL changes like these. Would you accept community patches that added features such as these as long as people agreed the change was good?

This will be controversial and is not a QOL change but I also wonder if we can trial bombers in vanilla CTF?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Osmal and norill like this.
  2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

quite sure you can change bombtype and arrowtype with tapping f

3. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

One thread, one idea only. Locked.

1. quite minor, but i might fix it someday
    2. i'll consider it
    3. nah
    4. switching bomb/arrow is done by tapping f. i want to extend it to switching blocks too. shop hotkeys are also planned
    5. spawning code is stupid and broken, i want to rewrite it soon
    6. nah
    7. try /reload
    8. pickup priority is stupid and broken, i want to rewrite it soon
    9. kag has long history of accepting improvements from community. so bring it on
    10. bombers - nah

Osmal, epsilon, bru-jaz and 3 others like this.
Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.