1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Utility button for archers

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by yogee123, Mar 12, 2017.

Tags:
Mods: Rainbows
  1. yogee123

yogee123 Shipwright

I think the utility button for builders and knights is spacebar, the archers do not have a utility. Perhaps adding one in that changes firing mode would be great, the game used to allow archers to basically arrow rain (which was one of the funnest aspects of being an archer to me and when yall added in the grappling hook back in the day.) perhaps when pressing space bar it would allow you to do the old 3 shot one after the other kind of thing but only till a certain degree as it would be used solely to allow arrow rain.

if you read this then I am surprised :)

J-man2003, Potatobird, Osmal and 2 others like this.
  2. yogee123

yogee123 Shipwright

After reading a bit more on the forums i believe this was debated about to some degree a bit ago, if so then i am sorry for having wasted someone's time here.

3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

4. yogee123

yogee123 Shipwright

Well, i was up for more then 24 hours when i posted this, but i would probably be just as happy if the other 2 arrows in the 3 shot that is in the game now wouldn't disappear i guess which is what used to be in the game if memory serves me right.

if it created some problems in the game like server lag or something then i totally understand why the other two arrows in it got changed to have a limited distance.

5. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think if it just changed between the special arrows that would be cool

J-man2003 and bru-jaz like this.
  6. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Tap F. Even if this was the case then it would have to be the same for knight which wouldn't work.

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Yea. I tought about telling him that but then i forget about it.

In adittion to the server issue, that would make the archers pretty spammy. The reason of the scatter shot was to make archers being capable of defending themselves in mid-short range. Not to snipe a shitton of arrows without even aiming.
    Im totally agree with the shooting style swaping. But if devs changed the arrow system to this and it stayed as it is, its because there're many salty people that wouldnt want the old machine-gun style back

8. Coroz

Coroz B R B Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

utility
    1.making a trap,
    2.dagger attack
    3.disable bombs, kegs or mines. kinda meh i gues.
    4.health recovery. slowly gaining health when pressed.
    5. making a pointless salto or a dancemove just for fun.
    6. switching to a differnt bow. that attacks slow but hits harder.
    7. you move faster for a few seconds, but after that you are slow and cant use grapple for a couple of sec.
    just some random stuff you can add as utility i gues, it just have to be balanced out.

J-man2003 and epsilon like this.
  9. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

[QUOTE="Coroz, post: 396072, member: 15370"[/QUOTE]
    5. is only good one.

Mods: Rainbows