1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shotgun-style Legolas shot instead of Rapid-fire

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fate, Sep 23, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I agree with kedram, we either need alpha archers OR beta archers, we can't have both. And about the shotgun "legolas shot", I think it would only work and replace the current legolas shot if the other 2 arrows were launched at an angle so that all 3 would make contact with a target at the stun range. Because the first arrow is taking a straight line to the knight, it would drop his guard, and the other 2 would hit the knight. Also, I think the legolas shot is misnamed, because I cannot recall any time in the lord of the rings where Legolas fires arrows that fast.

Fate likes this.
  2. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

thank you for seeing what im saying and not going crazy like any other archer out there butthurt that they cant 1v1 knights easily with no skill needed. to be honest i feel like classic was a massive archer fest most of the time simply because they were so good and stunned knights easily from far away. it comes down to if you want to play as a beta archer with the legolas shot and stun at short distance or if you want to play as the classic archer with no legolas shot and stun at almost all distances. In the end i can definetly say that im happy with beta archer and think there shouldnt really be any more combat buffs or debuffs for it in the future.

Auburn likes this.
  3. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

Despite being true, that the shield is the only reasons why archers can't damage knights at range, I can't help but point out... if an archer, can't damage a knight from a distance then what's the point of making him an archer if he fails at his primary role... that of doing damage from a distance? Why not just turn the class in to another melee class?

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

If an archer is good at timing it, they can shoot a knight while he is charging up a slash to attack someone on the field. So really, an archer is a support class, and shouldn't be able to take on everyone as a one-man army. They require teamwork between knights and themselves. Also, if there are enough archers spamming arrows, knights can't lower their shields otherwise they take what seems like 50 arrows to the face.

Chrispin and kedram like this.
  5. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

EXACTLY ;-; you put it into the best words any could ever have auburn.

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We wont be bringing back ranged shield-dropping ability, and such a discussion is a massive derail of the topic at hand anyway.

We're also unlikely to be making a shotgun release, because it will exacerbate bandwidth bursting problems, and as JLordo tried to point out, if the arrows stayed as separate objects, as they should, they'd hit at different times and basically give the archer an instant 2 damage reliable melee through shield. We'd have to rework the shield logic and incur a performance and code simplicity penalty to "fix" that, which would probably require a more maintenance and introduce more hard-to-track bugs.

I'm not ruling it out entirely, in that if someone makes an infallible case in favour of it I'll still consider that, but at the moment I'm not even going to prototype this, it's got too many immediately visible flaws.

Auburn and Chrispin like this.
Mods: Rainbows