1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(TC) Territory Control: tutorial

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by asger75, Jun 24, 2017.

1. asger75

asger75 Haxor

Territory control is a mod by @TFlippy , hosted by @Vamist . Many people know how to play, but for new players it's overwhelming as hell, Lets say you don't play TC for a while you're pretty much screwed. SO, I thought I'd make a tutorial for it, maybe some people can add to it as the mod progresses. Go here >> https://forum.thd.vg/threads/territory-control-official-forum-badgers.26614/ << for a quick rundown on the items

The basics of the gamemode:
    In territory control you'll spawn as a neutral. As a neutral you can decide to either:
    A)
    upload_2017-6-24_14-0-23.png
    B)
    upload_2017-6-24_14-2-12.png
    C)
    upload_2017-6-24_14-5-59.png (by pressing e and clicking the star)
    D)
    upload_2017-6-24_14-8-2.png
    E)
    upload_2017-6-24_14-12-0.png
    Note: To make someone a slave you have to take them down to one health and click on them with a ball and chain (made at the armoury)

A) or C) So you created/joined a faction
    upload_2017-6-24_14-23-44.png
    So time to give you the lowdown on factions eh?
    Your faction will start of as more a shack than that sexy faction you see above. The one above is upgraded, upgrading can be done via pressing e while standing in your faction building and clicking the hammer icon, there you can either upgrade for a hefty sum of materials or you can repair (repairing is helpful if you get bombed ;~:)
    Buildings
    Now that you're no longer a neutral and can build properly you can build a load of cool buildings:
    upload_2017-6-24_14-34-19.png
    These cool buildings include a gunsmith (where you can buy a variety of guns + ammo), a Demolition shop (where, you guessed it, you can make a load of sick bombs.), a forge to turn a variety of special materials specific to TC into bars, A mechanic shop to buy a load of cool more peaceful items (Like a mega drill), a construction yard where you can make bombers AND TANKS, another faction base and of course the kag psychopaths favourite Armoury (where you can get slave kits to make your very own slave.)
    Automation
    Automation, it helps if you've played factorio, as automation is just a rip of factorio but in kag, it's pretty self explanatory convener belts move items, assemblers take materials make them into whatever you want. but I'm not getting to into this, explore that for yourself you little nerd you.
    Misc
    Loads of painful torturous barbed wire, along with some cool stuff like THE WORLDS LOUDEST SIREN, the bomber siren.

Movement Between Bases + taking bases Basically Bases a summary.

Your starting base will not have the ability for you to teleport between them, if you upgrade your base to level 2 then you can teleport
    hoho, However regular things like
    upload_2017-6-24_14-48-41.png
    can be taken first of course, but after can be teleported through as if they are a tunnel (no upgrades) <-- Mines also gradually gather up materials, which anyone can take like an evil bastard including you if you're a sneaky neutral.
    upload_2017-6-24_14-52-5.png
    work in quite a similar way but instead of slowly gathering materials you can well ... buy from it. lol.
    THESE ASS HOLES
    upload_2017-6-24_14-57-14.png
    If you don't get that these ass holes are meant to be Nazis, you're slow, might even be why you're here.
    They have guns, they will shoot at you if you're in range, their ai allows them to basically aimbot you like a pro and pull 360 noscopes with their intense skills. Although one good thing about them is...
    upload_2017-6-24_15-0-2.png
    arguably TC's best inclusion is this market, here you can buy cute badger plushies, so cute. also you can make a trade out of it but who cares about that, just get the plushies.
    upload_2017-6-24_15-3-35.png
    Even the most seasoned of warriors looks cute with a plushie.

Kags worst enemy
    But of course the most dangerous enemy there is
    upload_2017-6-24_15-7-11.png Beware the Russian
    so anyways, this is by no means the end to this tutorial, I am dumb I definitely missed things out, I will add those things over time, I will also add new things. Please feel free to add to this so newer players can hop straight in, well hop in relatively quickly. Cheers. <--- I didn't touch on many things mainly because the TC server has a tendency to crash, and the server restarts nearly every time it crashes.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    Blubahub, Concave, Magmus and 10 others like this.
  2. TFlippy

TFlippy Arsonist Tester

3. kiaran

kiaran Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

gud tutoriel

4. DaRk78053

DaRk78053 Catapult Fodder

asger75 hey nice mod i ll play dat then thnx 4 totorial , i am russian but i am not bad or agressive dat was kind of discrimination

5. Fray2

Fray2 Bison Rider

Ha-ha, i like screenshot with me. Anyway, russian's (and in fact im not russian) definitely not KAG "worst enemy".

asger75 likes this.
  6. asger75

asger75 Haxor

hehe, just a prank bro.

Fray2 likes this.
  7. Fray2

Fray2 Bison Rider

Hey, can i have a question? Why do you write your tutorial in KAG forum, but not Steam Tutorial? Personally, I wrote a russian version (my own) on steam, I think here it will be useless.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
  8. asger75

asger75 Haxor

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fray2 likes this.
  9. Fray2

Fray2 Bison Rider

Maybe i will copy my guide here... Maybe.

asger75 likes this.
  10. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Very Good tutorial, but few things r missing:
    1. Slave. Plz mention that u hav to get him to quarter of 1 hp to make someone slave
    2. Automation. I think a pic of a factory would be very noice.
    3. Shops. They generate coins 4 ur faction when captured (stacks)
    4. Maybe its too advanced but alien dudes. Like how dust, exo suit, weapons work, how 2 get them

BarsukEughen555 and asger75 like this.
  11. DaRk78053

DaRk78053 Catapult Fodder

12. asger75

asger75 Haxor

13. ShapeShifterMike

ShapeShifterMike Arsonist

:wink: op Space tech: A newb's guide

So lets say a little red message pops up in the chat:
    A Strange Object has fallen from the sky!
    This means a wreckage has appeared. On your mini-map you will see a new icon that looks like a large rock. This is a picture of the wreckage and also its location.

the wreckage

this is the most important late game entity. The wreckage has several jobs:

crafting station: The wreckage can be used to make most end game items. It also makes two of everything crafted at it. Hold e to access the crafting menu.
    You can smelt mithril here, and make plasteel from mithril and steel bars.

source: The wreckage is one of the two ways to obtain technicolor dust (the other being the Scyther, which I'll go over in a minute). It yields iron bars, plasteel, dust, and mithril.

storage: The wreckage has a built-in storage that contains a couple of end game items, including guns, ammo, drugs, and mithril warheads (I'll go over these in a minute). However, opening it is rarely a good idea because of

spawner: If the storage of the wreckage is accessed, the Scyther spawns.

The Scyther

this is the wall. The fight. The reason space tech can take 10 minutes to start being used. The Scyther shoots at anything living, regardless of walls. It is armed with a charge lance, an end game weapon capable of blasting through any material, except maybe plasteel. It can one-shot anything and its aim is nigh-godlike. If you are right next to it sometimes you can dodge, but don't count on it. It is very slow, though. There are three tactics used by veterans:
    water: The Scyther can drown.
    bombs: Make sure you're out of range.
    not: Never open it, never fight it.
    Make sure you aren't near when it dies, as it explodes very violently into dust and mithril.

Technicolor dust (dust): Clones itself onto any block it touches, making farming it very easy. Throw at trees to make even more than blocks would.

there are 4 common end game items you'll see/hear about.
    Exosuit: Also called Exo or Suit. Can be used to swap to the class of the same name. Has increased health, immunity to fire, radiation resistance, a dash that can break any kind of block (including bedrock), and a shield that reflects damage.
    Charge lance: Same as Scythers. Uses metal rods as ammo.
    Charge rifle: Rapid-fire high damage weapon. Uses mithril as ammo.
    Bobomax: I guess this doesn't really belong here, but it can be found in wreck. Using bobomax is killing yourself. You will jump and spin and bounce with flashing colors on your screen then you'll explode.

Other stupid things:
    making scythers: They won't shoot you, but they will shoot your walls!
    railgun: Shoots charge lance shots at the speed of charge rifle shots, but is stationary. Honestly is best for offense, you don't want that thing near your base. Uses mithril for ammo.
    Forcefields: Uses mithril, makes circle of death to not your team people. Don't put near spawn, is spawntrap and bannable.
    Mithril warheads: Uncraftable super-bombs that explode into dust and mithril. Found in the wreckage.

hope that's everything ;D

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You forgot the Dropship, one of the most rare end-game items that only sadmins can spawn with rcon, If you want to see how it looks like, I can spawn it when the server doesn't have much people. (like 3 or 2, so i can not ruin and spoil the gameplay for em)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 3, 2017 ---
    And nanobots too, a rare species which can only be spawned with rcon by a sadmin, the only guy among us that you'll see spawning it is of course barsuk.

15. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

@ShapeShifterMike u forgot to mention mithril warheads, the fact that bobomax is EXTREME joy drug and it that it drops on your death, also the way to get plasteel bars and multiplying technodust
    and obv table, the greatest item ingame

AgentHightower likes this.
  16. ShapeShifterMike

those are admin only though, not really beginner stuff.:B):

17. AgentHightower

AgentHightower Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

ye, but still, they're tech features in TC. It's also good to know stuff like that in case you see some sadmin aboosing his powers and mass spawning em.

ShapeShifterMike likes this.
  18. ShapeShifterMike

Thank you for the edit suggestions, I added (most of) them to the original post.

19. blackguy123

blackguy123 Bison Rider

You forgot to mention the awesome TC players that are pro when left alone for too long. Like me(People sometimes say im the "Destroyer of the World" Not True), gingerbeard, and a bunch of other smart people. Plus you forgot to mention "WATCH OUT FOR MITHRIOS"(Dangerous opponent, he will keep you occupied unless you are out of reach) Destroy his base as soon as possible. NEVER LET HIM GET ANY GUNS.

20. GoldyXEN_

GoldyXEN_ Catapult Fodder

Russians are most dangerus, even you russian