1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(probably inb4) enemy arrows getting through my team's platforms

Discussion in 'Archer' started by TryingKAG, May 22, 2019.

1. TryingKAG

TryingKAG Builder Stabber

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I like relying on builder/knight to shield me while I charge triple shot, but thin cover doesn't always work

these filters were supposed to be 1way, but arrows moving nearly parallel to platforms got past.
    It appears that the moment I let my arrow lose, the stone block right in front of me shunted them sideways so they don't get stuck immediate after being fired, although I'm not sure whether that's a contributing factor

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Blubahub and Biurza like this.
  2. Very odd. Maybe it has something to do that (in-code) the stone blocks are tiles, while the platforms aren't..?

EDIT: The actual stuff starts around 0:20 in the video the OP posted.

3. TryingKAG

TryingKAG Builder Stabber

I hit stuff on purpose to show I didn't just change background sprites to platforms. Test it out yourself if you don't believe me
    --- Double Post Merged, May 29, 2019, Original Post Date: May 24, 2019 ---
    I don't think gaps are supposed to be that easy to shoot through. For comparison, see this clip

showing an angle that's barely close enough to perpendicular for arrow to get thru 1-tile gap
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2019 ---
    I admit the "shoot through gaps" trick isn't that practical
    https://youtu.be/rvQ0_odrvfc?t=117
    (I didn't do embed media cuz it hides the start time)
    this wall's wooden outer layer is designed to make big stuff like kegs roll off, while allowing arrows through. Use stone for inner layer, so enemy fire arrows that pass through outer are wasted. Bombs do splash damage, so distance expensive stone layer away from outer to minimize the amount of material lost per explosion

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Blubahub likes this.