1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Kouji

1. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    That's the life in Etrian Odyssey. I finished EO 3 and now I'm playing 1 and 2. What's your current party?
    Jul 8, 2012
  2. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Also, grinding is a MUST on EO 1. EO 2 still requires grinding but it isn't as harsh. EO 3 is the easiest but you'll still die for underestimating enemies.
    Jul 8, 2012
  3. Kouji
    Kouji
    I decided to start with the following:
    Front: Protector, Landsknecht, Survivalist
    Back: Medic, Alchemist
    Jul 8, 2012
  4. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Don't get poison and get 'Defender' on the protector ASAP. I'm just saying this because you'll get wrecked if you don't have it by floor 5 or so.
    Jul 8, 2012
  5. Kouji
    Kouji
    Poison always sucks, so I went with Fire. Don't know why poison is an option. Status effects and poison damage suck on every except your own party, every game. Also figured that the protector should focus on defense.
    Jul 8, 2012
  6. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Front guard is higher priority because front line has ~80% to be targeted and higher hp = higher chance of getting hit. Poison isn't effective because most monsters/bosses have resistance and the effect wears off in 2/3 turns.
    Jul 8, 2012
  7. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Good to see someone at least played it. That feel when for the last 4 years I had no one to talk to about this series. ;_;
    Jul 8, 2012
  8. Kouji
    Kouji
    Okay so Front Guard for the protector and I'll assume that Landsknecht should focus on more DPS.
    Jul 8, 2012
  9. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Allslash/2-hit/Tornado, axes are better for bosses while swords are for random encounters. Defender is a good skill for protectors because it adds defense for the entire party. Get Defender to at least level 1 and max it at 5. Any higher than 5 wastes TP that should be used on line guarding.
    Jul 8, 2012
  10. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    That feel when I memorized skill builds because I had to restart EO over 10 times. ;_;
    Jul 8, 2012
  11. Kouji
    Kouji
    Got it. I assume Medic focuses on as much healing and TP as possible
    Jul 8, 2012
  12. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    The medic's skill "healer" > all, you'll want to max it because it increases how much you heal without increasing TP cost. Go for immunize so you have elemental + physical resistance buffs. Salve heals as much as Cure but goes for the entire party. So try to use it if you can.
    Jul 8, 2012
  13. Kouji
    Kouji
    I will say that I enjoyed the fact that almost every class had a loli option. Was tempted to go with a full loli team.
    Jul 8, 2012
  14. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    I always went with the full loli team. You weakling. By the way, there is always a loli option in all 3 games. So don't worry. The 4th game continues the line-up but has furries.
    Jul 8, 2012
  15. Kouji
    Kouji
    Dat feel when you rest and are attacked by high level poisonous butterflys and your team gets raped because your Alchemist is out of TP.
    Jul 8, 2012
  16. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    I know that feel.
    Jul 8, 2012
  17. Kouji
    Kouji
    So about how strong should I be before I head to the third floor? Everyone is lvl 9 right now.
    Jul 10, 2012
  18. Kouji
    Kouji
    For reference, that means I can 2 hit a hare with a defender/landsknecht. 1 hit anything with lvl 3 fire (except FOE) and I can take on 2 FOE before having to head back to town because I get low on TP.
    Jul 10, 2012
  19. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    You don't have to fight that FOE on floor 3, it's actually not supposed to be beaten until you're level 15 or so. Every 3 steps it takes a "break". The door is on the opposite corner from the stairs.
    Jul 10, 2012
  20. Kouji
    Kouji
    I feel slightly overleveled on the 3rd floor at lvl 10 (that's a joke, hares are so annoying). I'm gonna train until I can beat that FOE on the Third level, then I'll go on past the guarded door.
    Jul 10, 2012
  21. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Good luck. Seems like you're enjoying EO. Us masochists must stick together.
    Jul 11, 2012
  22. Kouji
    Kouji
    Jul 11, 2012
  23. Kouji
    Kouji
    Dat feel when you know exactly what it's talking about even if you can't understand everything.
    Jul 11, 2012
  24. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    I already know. Dat FOE.
    Jul 11, 2012
  25. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Also, replaying the Ace Attorney series.
    Jul 11, 2012
  26. Kouji
    Kouji
    I gotta say that my favorite overall was the Third one and Apollo Justice came in second. Also enjoyed that Ace Attorney Investigations.
    Jul 11, 2012
  27. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    HOLD IT and OBJECTIONS errywhere. I finished the first and second one but I never got to the third or the spin-off.
    Jul 11, 2012
  28. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    We're gonna be some great lawyers in the future.
    Jul 11, 2012
  29. Kouji
    Kouji
    Yep. If all else fails we can just restart and show other evidence/object at another time instead.
    Jul 11, 2012
  30. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Or we can bluff it and hope they mess up.
    Jul 11, 2012
  31. Kouji
    Kouji
    So for my alchemist, I was wondering, should I really just focus on Fire Magic for just now, or should I start trying to learn volt (since it seems more useful than ice, since more enemies are weak against it).
    Jul 12, 2012
  32. Kouji
    Kouji
    Also dat feel when you fight a Stalker at lvl 13 and win because you had preemptive strike and the ablity to boost on the first turn. It was tough, but it was a great feel.
    Jul 12, 2012
  33. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Volt isn't necessarily better, most enemies don't have resistance against it; however. The choice is really between having two elements that are effective against select enemies or having a "neutral" spell that doesn't get blocked/weakened. Your choice, really.
    Jul 12, 2012
  34. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    You could always go for the fire and ice single + mob skill and then go for Thor to have a single target spell. But the choice is entirely yours.
    Jul 12, 2012
  35. Kouji
    Kouji
    Might try that. But just to make sure, I basically only really get to pick two if I want them to be any good.
    Jul 12, 2012
  36. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Not really, if you get the AOE and single target fire + ice spells, you're very well off. However, you lose out on the high damage bossing spells to trade off for two effective spells. Thor is really for those that want all three but don't have enough points to dedicate to a third element. Deals damage and gets you your elemental spells.
    Jul 12, 2012
  37. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    In short: two elements for highest efficiency with your skill points.
    Jul 12, 2012
  38. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    That feel when I forgot that there were no AOE spells and thought it was EO3. It hertz. Max 2nd spell is better than the 3rd spell because of damage:TP ratio. Take out AOE in the above argument and everything is still valid. My bad.
    Jul 12, 2012
  39. Kouji
    Kouji
    Well for Fire the spell set is: Fire, Flame and Inferno.
    Flame is just stronger than Fire, while Inferno attacks everyone on the field, and has a slightly stronger attack than Fire.
    Jul 12, 2012
  40. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Inferno and Cocytus is not worth it in my opinion. Because the mid/end-game has enemies that won't all be weak against the same element. That's why most players go for a full fire+volt or ice+volt build.
    Jul 12, 2012
  41. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Should we make a convo for EO? That feel when I'm too scared to see the previous comments. Takes up my entire wall, yo.
    Jul 12, 2012
  42. Kouji
    Kouji
    I was thinking about it, but thought maybe someone else might be interested and see it. Up to you however.
    Jul 12, 2012
  43. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    I think we're the only two people that play EO on this forum. I know I haven't met anyone else that even heard of it in real life. ;_;
    Jul 12, 2012
  44. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    What's your planned alchemist build? I was wondering if you were going to go for the legendary tri-elemental build only dreamed of by the greatest masochists.
    Jul 12, 2012
  45. Kouji
    Kouji
    I might actually do that. I'll probably focus on Fire and Ice to start but then I'll pick up lighting. I'm 100% sure I'll have to grind like hell and it won't be worth it, but it'll be worth it.
    Jul 12, 2012
  46. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Good luck actually pulling it off. The skill point cost to effectively have all three elements is massive; considering that at least 20 points into an element is usually the minimum.
    Jul 12, 2012
  47. Kouji
    Kouji
    The only way the game could be harder was if they had permadeath for all the characters. The rage that would create.
    Jul 13, 2012
  48. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    >spend 1 hour in the beginning to get all characters to level 2
    >suddenly ambushed
    >all of them die

I would kill the guy who came up with it and then myself. They already have a certain enemy that steals a certain item. I think I'll let you figure it out.
    Jul 13, 2012
  49. Kouji
    Kouji
    So when should I take on Fenrir (the 1st boss)? I can take down stalkers consistently, but it takes 3 turns, and I have to use TP.
    Jul 14, 2012
  50. Bookmark
    Bookmark
    Take him on when you think you can dish out damage consistently with your alchemist, have 5/6 defender on the protector, and be armored to the brim.
    Jul 14, 2012