1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Reudh

1. Areo
    Areo
    I used to be a FBI agent a few years ag-...
    *Base we have a tresspasser.*
    IMA FIRIN MAH FBI LAZAR.
    Aug 22, 2012
  2. Reudh
    Reudh
    Now that you have told us that, I expect a party van will be arriving at your house shortly. >:D

Kiddin', wassup Areo?
    Aug 22, 2012
  3. Areo
    Areo
    ...Im fine with the party van.

Notin , I love your stories though!
    I thought i was definitly gonna loose to you in Guro's competition. DARN YOUR GOOD STORIES >:o
    Aug 22, 2012
  4. Reudh
    Reudh
    I've had professional training with mine, so I have a little bit of an unfair advantage. :P
    Aug 23, 2012
  5. Areo
    Areo
    :l
    Aug 23, 2012
  6. Areo
    Areo
    ..I want a recount.
    Aug 31, 2012
  7. Reudh
    Reudh
    Bit late. :P
    Aug 31, 2012
  8. Areo
    Areo
    ..ONLY A FEW WEEKS.
    Aug 31, 2012
  9. Reudh
    Reudh
    That is true. If you want some help with writing, though... when I have mid sem break I'm going to start a Writer's Apprenticeship thread. I keep meaning to, but forgetting. It'd be based on the Bay 12's equivalent. I don't know whether Tiruin'd be up for it (he helps on the Bay 12 one).
    Aug 31, 2012
  10. Tiruin
    Tiruin
    I'm up for ANYTHING you're in, bro. :P

Mainly serving as a support, but seeing the rate on these forums, I'm confident we could keep it up (lesser people online everyday than Bay12, and most are for the game)

Also, would it surprise you if I said I was female?
    Aug 31, 2012
  11. Areo
    Areo
    It would surprise me if you said you were a Male
    Aug 31, 2012
  12. Reudh
    Reudh
    Is it a freakin' trope on these forums that people reveal their gender as what people think it isn't? :P

The reveal of someone else on these forums was most annoying, recently. :P

It would surprise me if you said you were female, because you're from Bay12. I'm going to pull a statistic out of the air and say that we're 95% male on that forum.
    Sep 1, 2012
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    Just strolling past and noticed the words "Writer's Apprenticeship thread". I'd be up for helping with that too, if you'd like. I've never formally studied journalism or the like, but I've a bunch of real-world writing/editing experience and spent the last four years of my life studying linguistics & children's lit. (as part of a Bach. Ed.). Let me know when you get said thread/group started. ;)
    Sep 2, 2012
  14. Tiruin
    Tiruin
    I tooold you~

Let's hit that Writer's Apprenticeship and replicate the deal from Bay12

Also, not 95%...ASCII and Dwarf Fortress isn't for boys only, bro. :P

The thread from Bay12 doesn't deal so much with professional writing insomuch as it deals with how to write a good story//literary piece. Aiming for novel-type prose is done on the higher ups, I guess.
    Sep 2, 2012
  15. Reudh
    Reudh
    Alright, I'll PM phantom of the library and see if we can steal his format. YAY!
    Sep 2, 2012
  16. Tiruin
    Tiruin
    Steal his format.

Including the links! :P
    Sep 3, 2012
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    Sep 3, 2012
  18. Reudh
    Reudh
    Heck yes! I'm making it as we speak. Phantom of the Library said he'd 'be honored' to have his thread replicated here, and seemed interested in seeing it once it's established.
    I might make a thread advertising it, rather than a dedicated thread. Bay12 works quite differently to this. :D
    Sep 3, 2012
  19. BeasterDenBeast
    BeasterDenBeast
    I'm willing to submit work. I've been writing a story in-between gamin' sessions in google docs :p That's not to say it's ready to be critiqued yet. Just letting y'all know that this group will most definitely get use.
    Sep 3, 2012
  20. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    Sweetness; it'll be good to have you along for the ride Beaster. :D
    Sep 3, 2012
  21. Tiruin
    Tiruin
    Hurrah! Time to lay down them walls of text I've been...reserving...
    Sep 3, 2012