1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by PixieKeira

1. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    Ahem. I would like to make it very clear at this point that you are extremely incorrect. Whiskey is made from mashed grains fermented and distilled such as barley, rye, wheat and corn.

Vodka on the other hand is indeed made from potatos, sometimes fruits and grains are used.
    Feb 8, 2013
  2. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    However, had you done your research before "reminding" me of your poorly written inaccurate information you would know that whiskey made from potatos is called Poitín :)
    Feb 8, 2013
  3. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    Its the most alcoholic thing I've ever drank, akin to rocket fuel mixed with hallucinegenic mushroom and absinth. If incorrectly distilled the drink can quite literally make you go blind or kill you from methanol. Its also known as "mountain Dew" since it was typically distilled in rural areas as it was illegal for 400 years.

:D
    Feb 8, 2013
  4. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    I take my alcohol serious ma'am.
    Feb 8, 2013
  5. PixieKeira
    PixieKeira
    It's funny how easily I can get you all worked up about anything :)
    Also, I bet I have more alcohol on hand at this moment than you.
    Feb 8, 2013
  6. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    I have 22 500ml cans of cider in my shed, 17 bottles of wine, 750ml of 3 different kinds of whiskey, 3 litres of vodka, a litre of Poitin, 40 bottles of 330ml beer a 400ml barrel of polish rocketfuel, aswell as assorted various bottles of shit that I've got lying around.
    Feb 8, 2013
  7. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    I'm always ready to party. Although if you're in that store or whatever you were talking about when I last spoke to you I feel you have an unfair advantage.

And I'm only easily worked up about stuff I care about namely alcohol and being right.
    Feb 8, 2013
  8. PixieKeira
    PixieKeira
    You win this one, but what does one man have any business possessing so much fine drink?
    Keira's stash: 1 Gallon of 5 'o Clock vodka (cheap shit for cheap friends)
    750ml of Grey Goose vodka
    1 Liter of Stolichnaya vodka
    473 ml of Jack Daniel's Whiskey
    473ml of Jose Cuervo Black
    1 Liter of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
    473ml of Dr. McGillicuddy's peppermint schnapps.
    Feb 8, 2013
  9. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    Like I said, I need to be always ready to party and or have guests over or bring alcohol with me to events.

I'm not a huge fan of beer or cider outside cold days and summer days respectively. My drink of choice is whiskey, I'm a fan of single barrel Jack Daniels, Jameson and single malts with a drop of water.

I'm partial to cigars aswell since I quit smoking. Excuse me while I return to the 20's.
    Feb 8, 2013
  10. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    To be fair thats a decent haul you've got, well worth getting smashed drunk in your place i imagine, the jack alone is enough imo.
    Feb 8, 2013
  11. PixieKeira
    PixieKeira
    I like to have a drink now and then, and when the occasion arises, more than a few x) I keep a stash because I came across a beautiful second-hand liquor cabinet, and I'd like to have that stereotypical collection of pretty 3/4 full bottles filling it. When my tax return gets here, I'm picking up some Crown Royale.
    Feb 8, 2013
  12. potatomcwhiskey
    potatomcwhiskey
    Haha, you casual drinkers who "like to drink".

Where I'm from alcohol forms a necessary part of the food pyramid. I've never understood tax returns as I've never had to do one probably because I don't qualify for tax benefits as I'm a single man, typically my employer just handles the tax for me and hands me a paycheck. Its quite a nice arrangement.
    Feb 9, 2013
  13. LadyHawk
    LadyHawk
    wut is alcohol?
    Apr 8, 2013