1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by cincoscuencas

1. Reudh
    Reudh
    errr... protein p58 synthesised by gene SIRF1 can switch off telomerase's activity within cancer cells
    Mar 15, 2013
  2. Reudh
    Reudh
    one for Kaizokuroof: cannabidiol has been proven to inhibit breast cancer metastasis
    Mar 15, 2013
  3. Reudh
    Reudh
    oh uh and depression, schizophrenia, and alcoholism all cause the pre-pulse inhibition system to malfunction; that is, the system that prevents an autonomic response several times in quick succession.
    Mar 15, 2013
  4. Reudh
    Reudh
    EG: you are more easily frightened by objects, you are more able to be frightened several times in quick succession, you are more likely to be frightened by something even if you are aware of it, and your reaction may be stronger, if you have had/are depressed, schizophrenic, or alcoholic.
    Mar 15, 2013
  5. cincoscuencas
    cincoscuencas
    :O! since you brought up some mental disease, can you tell me about Multiple personality disorder? some psychiatrist dont believe in it, but some do :/
    Mar 15, 2013
  6. Reudh
    Reudh
    It's not really my area of expertise, but Multiple Personality Disorder isn't really that well understood. I'd say it's less a 'multiple personality' and more a function of a schizoeffective illness or simply a surge of emotion colouring one's reactions.
    Mar 15, 2013
  7. Tiruin
    Tiruin
    Inspirational knowledge Reudh ^^

Also, yeah. Mental health is not that specifically defined, or in as much detail as physical health. Until now people are still at disputes over the mind - science cannot fully understand it and even professional psychologists come to an err with their conclusions regarding people with mental disabilities or disorders. :P
    Mar 18, 2013