1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Hella

1. WanderMark
    WanderMark
    It has much to do with what time period you are interested in! I would say that Medieval 2 is my favourite of the lot, but it is necessarily not the best in the series- going after a strictly technical standpoint.

No, the best- in terms of features, AI and so forth- is probably, most certainly, Shogun 2.
    Apr 7, 2013
  2. WanderMark
    WanderMark
    But that depends completely how you look at it. The core mechanics of both the games, while fundamentally the same, are also rather far apart at certain aspects.

Siege warfare is different, there's no naval combat in Medieval 2- but do you want that? I never cared for it. Diplomacy is a bit deeper but acts differently...
    Apr 7, 2013
  3. WanderMark
    WanderMark
    I could go on. Medieval 2+Kingdoms is definitely my favourite in the series. The warfare of that period is amazingly fun, you can apply many different tactics, diplomacy is fun, everything is fun.
    Apr 7, 2013
  4. WanderMark
    WanderMark
    It also has a ton of mod that extends the replay value by a huge margin.
    Apr 7, 2013
  5. Hella
    Hella
    Since that's probably the best deal, as well, I think I'll Medieval 2 then. The expansion pack has a campaign on the British isles, and also there are 'Vikings' in the game. This makes it awesome.
    Apr 7, 2013