1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by FuzzyBlueBaron

1. FuzzyBlueBaron
  2. rocker2
    rocker2
    That sounds like the end of Animal Farm to me.
    Apr 15, 2013
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    Indeed. Every abuse of power tends towards fascism in the end. The question is whether 'knowing more stuff than other people' counts as an abuse of power. ;)
    Apr 16, 2013
  4. Alpaca
    Alpaca
    Fbb's page, the only place i feel safe clicking links w/o muting my computer first. Also, is being more equal supposed to be a good thing, or does more equal mean it's at the middle of the spectrum, while less equal means it could be better or worse?
    Apr 18, 2013
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    Being "more equal" generally entails being better regarded or having more privileges. In the context of Animal Farm: the pigs take control and, in declaring themselves to be "more equal" than the other animals, establish themselves as the ruling class.
    Apr 18, 2013
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    In the context of opinions: although everyone has an equal right to an opinion, not everyone's opinion is equally well informed-- some people just know more about a topic than others. So really I'm just being tongue-in-cheek & mocking those who try to say 'my opinion's just as valid as yours, no matter what', because it's just not true. :p
    Apr 18, 2013
  7. Alpaca
    Alpaca
    ... 6th grade english class, animal farm, our teacher told us it was a euphanism for soviet Russia.... 6th grade. scared4life
    Apr 18, 2013
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    You read it in 6th grade? Owch! I first read it when I was 16, but even these days (and I read it about once a year) I still cry big manly tears when Boxer dies. ;~;
    Apr 18, 2013
  9. rocker2
    rocker2
    I read it in 8th grade - It was a good book.
    Apr 18, 2013
  10. Alpaca
    Alpaca
    not in 6th grade, when you've just read a book about racism and a book about an Indian girl who tries to run away from home and gets beaten to death...
    Apr 18, 2013
  11. rocker2
    rocker2
    I personally liked it.
    Apr 19, 2013
  12. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    I love it and I hate it. I love the book (so well written), but I hate what happens in it (fiction mirrors reality a little to well at times :L).

Also, mang, Alpaca; you should give me your G6 reading list. Sounds brutal.
    Apr 19, 2013
  13. Alpaca
    Alpaca
    I don't even remember any more, I think i blocked it out for ptsd
    Apr 19, 2013
  14. rocker2
    rocker2
    I remember that in 6th grade, i read Animal Farm, Persepolis, and Tangerine.
    Apr 19, 2013
  15. Alpaca
    Alpaca
    I read persepolis over the summer before freshmen year
    Apr 19, 2013
  16. rocker2
    rocker2
    It's a good book; unique in style and idea.
    Apr 19, 2013
  17. Alpaca
    Alpaca
    then we read macbeth, a raisin in the sun, something else that I should probably remember... Idk, as long as it was from the first semester it won't be on finals
    Apr 19, 2013