1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Rocketlock

1. SAO-Lucianous
    Dec 15, 2014
  2. 101i
    101i
    You have my sympathy.
    Dec 15, 2014
  3. Hermap
    Hermap
    I can make you new one.
    Top notch photoshop skills
    Very cheap, only 30-160$!

À prendre ou à laisser
    Dec 15, 2014
  4. norill
    norill
    there are 2 types of people: those who do backups and those who will do backups
    Dec 15, 2014
  5. Rocketlock
    Rocketlock
    The irony is that it got wiped while I was trying to back it up ;-; Partitioning and when I removed a recovery partition it wiped the entire drive.
    Dec 16, 2014
  6. norill
    norill
    dont tell me you tried to "back" it up on a partition on the same drive
    Dec 16, 2014
  7. Rocketlock
    Rocketlock
    I installed an ssd. Then my old hard drive (now e drive) which had all my stuff on it automatically created a partition with the same letter called back up. When I deleted the back up it also deleted the entire e drive.
    Dec 16, 2014
  8. norill
    norill
    if the drive is still operational, but you fucked up with partitions, then there's a huge chance all your data is still there and it's possible to recover it
    Dec 17, 2014
  9. Rocketlock
    Rocketlock
    Tried creating 3 raw images with separate software, none of them worked in in the end I decided to cut my losses and get back on track.
    Dec 17, 2014
  10. norill
    norill
    dumping raw image is a good thing to start with, but it won't recover your shit. for that you need a program that tries to reconstruct the file system. ofc if that data wasn't worth the effort you can just get over it
    Dec 17, 2014