1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by NotAPirate

1. Stevedog
    Stevedog
    Indeed. Lest We Forget.
    Apr 25, 2015
  2. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    Still trying to recall what it was I was supposed to be remembering.
    Apr 25, 2015
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    (not being disrespectful; just confused as duck about what it means to be "Australian" in light of ANZAC -- everyone and their dog takes the story and approprates it for their own purposes. :/)
    Apr 25, 2015
  4. LEGO_LORD
    LEGO_LORD
    lest we forget
    Apr 26, 2015
  5. EhRa
    EhRa
    Fuzz, the spirit of the ANZACS in all their battles (Gallipoli, Tobruk etc) is supposed to signify the spirit in all of us, e.g the ANZAC spirit. Only the Australian were the only ones able to push back the Germans at Tobruk, which is the Spirit (thingy) of resilience etc. Were remebering their sacrifice to the nation and peace and rembering their resilience acts thingy (can't find the word :P)
    Apr 26, 2015
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron
    FuzzyBlueBaron
    True. But then if we were really focusing on remembrance of sacrifice, then why the outcry about "we want a public holiday on Monday"? Methinks the 'spirit' of ANZAC is somewhat muddled, muddied, and confused by nationalistic BS and political and commercial spin.
    Apr 26, 2015
  7. EhRa
    EhRa
    Yeah I guess the public holiday is a bit much.
    Apr 27, 2015
  8. LEGO_LORD
    LEGO_LORD
    i didnt get public holiday :/
    Apr 28, 2015