1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Nighthawk

1. Sytoplasma
    Sytoplasma
    It's been ten days. Are you any better at writing yet? Personally, I'm fine writing until I have to remember the combination of words I used in my head earlier once I've sat down to type. Then I got nothing.
    Jul 25, 2015
  2. icemusher
    icemusher
    I hate writing stories. Okay, I don't. I get an idea about every 30 minutes than lose interest in it. I just can't focus on anything for a very long time, let alone writing.
    Aug 2, 2015
  3. Sytoplasma
    Sytoplasma
    I feel ya there. I could fill a book with the ideas I've had, but I can't fill a book with one of the ideas.
    Aug 2, 2015
  4. icemusher
    icemusher
    Half the time I forget my ideas... I used to keep a notebook detailing all of my half-baked storylines, but it's unhelpful due to my "forgetting to" write it down(too lazy)
    Aug 2, 2015
  5. Sytoplasma
    Sytoplasma
    I gave up on "the notebook" before it really left the ground. I figure the best stories will stick in my head. What really annoys me is myself. For example, I recently had a dream in which I had an idea for a story that I'm pretty sure was actually decent.
    Aug 2, 2015
  6. Sytoplasma
    Sytoplasma
    I took special care to write it down on my phone so I wouldn't lose it... then I woke up, completely forgetting the idea. Wtf, subconscious mind? Thanks for nothing, you troll.
    Aug 2, 2015
  7. Sytoplasma
    Sytoplasma
    But in most cases, it's more like I overthink it then get pessimistic about the idea.
    Aug 2, 2015
  8. icemusher
    icemusher
    I tend not to overthink about my ideas, and I don't really "think" about them. I start my planning then I realize I have no idea what the hell I'm doing.
    Aug 2, 2015
  9. Nighthawk
    Nighthawk
    I know that feel. The main issue I usually have is I try to write a story with nothing but an idea. Doing that is like starting a fire with only tinder. It'll burn nicely... for about 10 seconds.
    Aug 2, 2015