1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by dayleaf

1. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    its not universally asked for so why try to portray it that way? just wondering.
    Jul 17, 2015
  2. dayleaf
    dayleaf
    It's almost impossible to keep everyone happy with every tweak and change, i just want to know how irritating that is for him
    Jul 17, 2015
  3. RadioActive
    RadioActive
    I wonder who asked for a trapblock change... I did not see any posts about it. Probably a tester said it would be good.. and now we can see how good it is..
    Jul 17, 2015
  4. Geti
    Geti
    Jul 21, 2015
  5. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    and people repeatidly said they didnt like the idea of it. Me and @Chukka joined the testing ground server right after you announced that the new trapblocks were added there and i expressed irritation at how useless they were(but fuzzybluebaron *hinted* at me to stop posting in that thread complaints)
    Jul 21, 2015
  6. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    Anyway if you are refering to aye vs nay votes i think it would be fair to count all the posters who complained about the block idea being stupid as nay(this was before you asked for the vote)

EDIT: useless probally isnt the right word just less useful
    Jul 21, 2015
  7. Chukka
    Chukka
    Can confirm. I've disliked the change since BC modded it into flatmaps. It's a pain to rearm saws all the time and 1-way plats become a hazard to teammates. The fact of the matter is pubs will always fall into traps and then either:
    a) Insult creator of trap
    b) Break trap in order to escape
    c) Sit in the trap repeating "help"
    Jul 21, 2015
  8. Chukka
    Chukka
    I understand you all were trying to solve trap block spam and I hope I am not offending you. I just don't think this is the right direction. In addition to the intended result, traps were also nerfed pretty heavily from their already expensive state.
    Jul 21, 2015
  9. Geti
    Geti
    I'm not saying it's the right direction either; they're likely to be removed in the next version.
    Jul 21, 2015
  10. Geti
    Geti
    It's just very telling about the way the average gamer communicates (and discouraging) when there's a build with a good 30 changes or so and >80% of the feedback I've received is in the form of shouting about "new trap blocks worse than useless and how could anyone possibly make this change and why wasn't I told".
    Jul 21, 2015
  11. Geti
    Geti
    Especially when this was one of the most documented experimental changes of the last 1000 builds, and even had a publicly testable pilot.
    Jul 21, 2015
  12. Geti
    Geti
    The main issue with them is the bug where you drop through regardless of button pushes, which I think is where most of people's dissatisfaction comes from, but I honestly don't care enough to go bug hunting in something that people are already shouting about, I've got better things to do with my time.
    Jul 21, 2015
  13. Chukka
    Chukka
    Yeah I agree. I'd be fine with it if you had to hold the button for 1 second or whatever to make sure it was intentional. A complete revert would probably be easier and save you from some expected "trap blocks are still cancer, fuck you geti".
    Jul 21, 2015
  14. PUNK123
    PUNK123
    Yea, i bet most of the feedback is anger at changing the game. It would probally be best and easiest to revert the change completely. Klok's idea of trap bridges keep amusing me more and more thinking about it though. making a 50 wood block that is a platform but you can fall thru by pressing into it or enemies touching it.
    Jul 21, 2015
  15. dayleaf
    dayleaf
    @Geti about "30 good changes and 1 bad", well the bad thing always "shines" more than the "good ones" as people are used to good tweaks and not bad ones.
    However, i get surprised by how some people yell about those bad changes, because saying "i don't like the change, i would like it to be reverted" is harder to say than "the new tweak is totally bullshit, you ruined this game once again"
    Jul 21, 2015
  16. RadioActive
    RadioActive
    Geti that I don't like some changes does not mean I'm mad at you, trapblocks lol or anyone else ;]
    Yes I did not read the posts in 1500 build thread, but this is because there were a lot of threads where people suggested some fixes/improvements and nothing has been done. I just get used to that and suggesting anything does not make sense for me. (don't be angry).
    Jul 21, 2015
  17. RadioActive
    RadioActive
    And by the way, now I just started to wonder about something else. Why testers did not tell you how good/bad this change is. I don't really know how testing things work but I thought this is what for you created this group - To test new things and get feedback.
    Jul 21, 2015
  18. RadioActive
    RadioActive
    Also Dayleaf is right. Bad things are much more easily noticed by people. And it's not only in gaming, but also in real life.
    Btw. I probably did not say that before but I really appreciate all the bug fixes (the small ones, that are not visible in game) and also those not mentioned like double kill bug ;)
    Jul 21, 2015
  19. Geti
    Geti
    I understand that it's not necessarily indicative of how people feel, but dealing with it on a regular basis takes its toll. It's not so dire that I'm going to quit making games and become a monk but I definitely understand why MM keeps things more distant.
    Jul 21, 2015
  20. Geti
    Geti
    Re: the testing group - they did. As you can see from the thread opinions are not 100% one way or the other. The bugs were not noticed during testing games cause they seem to be most prevalent in like 10v10 chaos, dropping you into a trap right at the wrong moment.
    Jul 21, 2015
  21. Geti
    Geti
    They do provide feedback as needed, but their attention is definitely divided at the moment with trench run taking a fair bit of time away from them as well as myself.
    Jul 21, 2015